We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

I already have a PCSX2

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
polveremorta

I already have a PCSX2

Postby polveremorta » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:09 am

Hello people. I have seen all kinds of videos showing how to configure everything to play but they either have a pre-configured emulator or they tell you how to configure it for the online. Fact is, I already have a PCSX2 (1.0.0) with my savegames, configs and stuff, obviously outdated. Is there a way for me to keep my settings and savegames and still use this one, maybe updating it without having to reinstall a newer release and keep my settings? (I dont wanna reconfig everything) I also see this as an occasion to learn how to manually get the specific files I need and be up to go, given that what I just said is possible. If I can just update my emulator and keep the stuff inside the memcards folder (I have savegames) I'd rather just get the online plugin.

hill73n

Re: I already have a PCSX2

Postby hill73n » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:45 am

Hello people. I have seen all kinds of videos showing how to configure everything to play but they either have a pre-configured emulator or they tell you how to configure it for the online. Fact is, I already have a PCSX2 (1.0.0) with my savegames, configs and stuff, obviously outdated. Is there a way for me to keep my settings and savegames and still use this one, maybe updating it without having to reinstall a newer release and keep my settings? (I dont wanna reconfig everything) I also see this as an occasion to learn how to manually get the specific files I need and be up to go, given that what I just said is possible. If I can just update my emulator and keep the stuff inside the memcards folder (I have savegames) I'd rather just get the online plugin.
Sure you can. Just use a copy of your current memcard file that has all your saves. Then you need to create a CAPCOMNET file by following the Network Connection Settings tutorial here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFeUDDIgRYc

If you need any more help (and even if you don't) i would strongly suggest joining the OBSRV Discord https://discord.gg/XVpHrgS and ask in the #troubleshooting channel. Not so many people actually read these forum posts so you will get a much faster response in Discord. ;)

polveremorta

Re: I already have a PCSX2

Postby polveremorta » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:13 pm

EDIT: SOLVED

Return to “Introduction”