We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Resident Evil 3 Remake Key Art Leaked on PSN

short notes for those not reading all the forums
Silent Hell

Resident Evil 3 Remake Key Art Leaked on PSN

Postby Silent Hell » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:02 pm

If you've been living under a rock today, Resident Evil 3 Remake's key art got leaked on PSN of all places and will likely get a trailer on The Game Awards.

Mourning Time

Re: Resident Evil 3 Remake Key Art Leaked on PSN

Postby Mourning Time » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:05 pm

Welp. There it is. I think people are saying next year. Let's be honest, it's probably been worked on since Resident Evil 2's remake so it would make sense.

RiZzO_420X

Postby RiZzO_420X » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:14 pm

Kinda wish it was here already lol can't wait to play it. ^^
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

blackcat

Postby blackcat » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:49 am

Jill and Chris looking good! :rolleyes:
Can't wait to see how Capcom could expand Raccoon city with this one along with the enemy variety (Hopefully) :geek:
Last edited by blackcat on Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

ACJProd

Postby ACJProd » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:57 am

Good, soon we will see if it's better than re2 remake
YouTube - ACJ Productions

xManuelCroft

Postby xManuelCroft » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:16 pm

If you've been living under a rock today, Resident Evil 3 Remake's key art got leaked on PSN of all places and will likely get a trailer on The Game Awards.

Yeah, I saw that. In my opinion, they shouldn't do more remakes because I think Capcom is overexploiting the real meaning of Remake, which should be something special and unique. Maybe you'll disagree but it's just my opinion :). Despite that fact, It'll be a great game.

BTW, I really love Jill's new face. She looks like Natalie Portman hahahahaha. There're also two new images of this game that were released in Reddit.
xManuelCroft! ManuCrof as REOnline :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek:

Neoplasmic

Postby Neoplasmic » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:22 pm

I know im going to stir some folks up but i must be one of the few people who thought Nemesis T-Type was a little... overrated, sure, it's an iconic character who made very notable jumpscares and had a great resistance against small arms fire.

But really, that's all there is to it... This tyrant stopped being produced after the Raccoon shitstorm and even then it was still unsuitable for that task, even then, the probability of becoming a host with NE parasite is even rarer than becoming a base Tyrant, only 1 out of 60 million individuals were a perfect fit.

Maybe its just me.. but then again the RE series has shown that the real life equivalent of Umbrella B.O.W.s research is like buying a Gold Desert Eagle .50 AE; you know it's possible to acquire one, but why would you use it? because there are better alternatives out there than creating new living life forms.

AliTheZombie13

Postby AliTheZombie13 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:31 pm

Isn't it a bit too soon for RE3 remake?
It hasn't been a year since RE2, so this gives me the impression they're making this a half-assed mod of RE2 just like Project Resistance.
I hope I'm wrong, because RE3 gets enough flak as it is because of the "Re3 uSEd Re2s AsSetS!" crowd.

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:34 pm

Why would it be too early? They have the engine, an ENTIRE setpiece, and have the engine outfitted to work in 3rd person. Other AAA studios shit out a new title on a yearly basis. They probably have the majority of the RE2make team now that it's been out to expedite the release of RE3make. RE2make already reused plenty of RE7's assets as is. I don't mind the asset reuse as long as the end product is good.

AliTheZombie13

Postby AliTheZombie13 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:37 pm

Why would it be too early? They have the engine, an ENTIRE setpiece, and have the engine outfitted to work in 3rd person. Other AAA studios shit out a new title on a yearly basis. They probably have the majority of the RE2make team now that it's been out to expedite the release of RE3make. RE2make already reused plenty of RE7's assets as is. I don't mind the asset reuse as long as the end product is good.
RE2 came out two years after RE7. Also, didn't someone mention somewhere RE3 has been outsourced?

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:08 am

RE2make also reused plenty of assets from RE7. Not to say RE3make is going to be a huge asset flip, but why would any sane dev team remake the RPD when 90% of it is going to be the same? The rumor about RE3make being outsourced just said Capcom Division 1 (which made RE2make) wouldn't be involved, which makes sense because they needed to make RE2make. But now that it's released, if RE3make WASN'T being developed by Division 1, certainly it should be now. And it's just one division, so Capcom is still working on it as far as we know, but it was being made and directed by a B team, which makes sense. Either way, it's just a rumor.

Godot

Postby Godot » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:21 am

Re-using stuff is what's allowing Capcom to do things a bit faster than usual. I honestly don't mind another Remake. Just hoping this is the last one in a while. Outside of the Outbreak games, I don't really want to see another title remade, I'd rather see new Resident titles... though we'll probably see RE8 after this one. Let's just wait and see.

Oh and Nemesis... his teeth and nose look weird, but other than that, he seems ok. Same for Jill and Carlitos. Nevertheless, I'll wait until I see some in-game footage before I fully judge their new designs.

Neoplasmic

Postby Neoplasmic » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:15 am

Re-using stuff is what's allowing Capcom to do things a bit faster than usual. I honestly don't mind another Remake. Just hoping this is the last one in a while. Outside of the Outbreak games, I don't really want to see another title remade, I'd rather see new Resident titles... though we'll probably see RE8 after this one. Let's just wait and see.

Oh and Nemesis... his teeth and nose look weird, but other than that, he seems ok. Same for Jill and Carlitos. Nevertheless, I'll wait until I see some in-game footage before I fully judge their new designs.
Initially i thought the same but having that nose actually makes sense as Nemesis is just an "Upgraded" so to speak base T-103 series just with the NE parasite.

blackcat

Postby blackcat » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:35 pm

Isn't it a bit too soon for RE3 remake?
It hasn't been a year since RE2, so this gives me the impression they're making this a half-assed mod of RE2 just like Project Resistance.
I hope I'm wrong, because RE3 gets enough flak as it is because of the "Re3 uSEd Re2s AsSetS!" crowd.

I mean They're gonna reuse assets that's for sure. Also, the original RE3 was released approximately a year after OG RE2 so Capcom pretty much is coming a full circle with this one. What concerns me is how different the gameplay will be. I mean the gameplay change between RE2 and RE3 wasn't drastic. However, the counter mechanics were definitely something that made re3 feel more fast paced along with the live choices that affects how the game plays out which raises a question; how will Capcom manage the action elements in RE3? RE3 is much more faced paced in comparison to RE2 after all.

leotreves

Postby leotreves » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:26 pm

I just hope they find a way to keep the fast and fluid mechanics/movement from the original RE3. Being lazy and replacing the amazing dodge system, which gave life to the game and made it stand out back then, with defense items instead of creating a more 2020-"realistic"-like dodge system will be a huge bump down.
HN: Shepard

Useful links:

Getting started? Click here
Get a memcard with everything unlocked (File1 and File2)
Installing the emulated HDD (legacy)

PCSX2 using OPL/HDD
PC: Ryzen 5800X3D/64GB/RX 6800XT
PS2: SCPH 30000 2TB
PS3: CECHE01 1TB SSD

Return to “News”