We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Capcom to announce RE game at gamescon 2019

short notes for those not reading all the forums
T-King-667

Re: Capcom to announce RE game at gamescon 2019

Postby T-King-667 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:13 pm

One last thing to take note of: Similar to Outbreak file 1, this game very much could take place in a casual setting at the start of the outbreak like a club, bar, festival, or maybe even a football match (referencing the reporter in file one talking about an incident at a football game) except this time the characters actually took 8 minutes to go home and change out of their work attire prior to doing so. Because it still baffles me how literally none of the OB characters (Aside from Cindy of course) took the time to change prior to going out for drinks I mean Kevin drinking in uniform? God damn.
I think you're onto something here. I think the possibility of these characters being an additional spin off story of Outbreak and retelling the events of the Raccoon sharks but as the high school characters and much more is something neat!
The lead guy's shirt probably says "Sharks" on the back. He might be a football coach (looks far too old to be in high school or a college stereotype) which would explain why he would be wearing such a sweater. Probably played Football in high school before enlisting and after being done with the military decided to settle down as a high school/college football coach. Just shooting in the dark right now.

Red-Dragon-Cro

Postby Red-Dragon-Cro » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:45 pm

One last thing to take note of: Similar to Outbreak file 1, this game very much could take place in a casual setting at the start of the outbreak like a club, bar, festival, or maybe even a football match (referencing the reporter in file one talking about an incident at a football game) except this time the characters actually took 8 minutes to go home and change out of their work attire prior to doing so. Because it still baffles me how literally none of the OB characters (Aside from Cindy of course) took the time to change prior to going out for drinks I mean Kevin drinking in uniform? God damn.
I think you're onto something here. I think the possibility of these characters being an additional spin off story of Outbreak and retelling the events of the Raccoon sharks but as the high school characters and much more is something neat!
The lead guy's shirt probably says "Sharks" on the back. He might be a football coach (looks far too old to be in high school or a college stereotype) which would explain why he would be wearing such a sweater. Probably played Football in high school before enlisting and after being done with the military decided to settle down as a high school/college football coach. Just shooting in the dark right now.
It is possible, hell or just a fan of the football club that happens to be a ex-soldier. Either way works.

Herbivore

Postby Herbivore » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:20 pm

TWO

only TWO more sleeps until September 9th!

Soon party like it's 99 19 ahaha *laughs alone*
-Vote Joel Clemens for City Council

"What a weird Customer... what are you doing?!" - Will, Bartender / Cook at J's Bar, In memorial

Mango

Postby Mango » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:39 pm

A few hours left ladies and gents.... this is it.... lets all pray its an outbreak game with no run n' gun features

Red-Dragon-Cro

Postby Red-Dragon-Cro » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:30 pm

A few hours left ladies and gents.... this is it.... lets all pray its an outbreak game with no run n' gun features
Few? Fairly sure it's like 15h away or so.

But yeah let's hope it is.

T-King-667

Postby T-King-667 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:10 am

If nothing else: I just hope that this game will be in the same style as REmake 2 with 4 p co-op. I also hope that there's more than the 4 shown characters. I hate joining games late and being forced to pick the only character left. Also: each character is good with different roles like the OG Outbreak titles I don't want the role play aspect to go away.

Less than 8 hours left!

Ada

Postby Ada » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:18 am

Considering the similarities between 3 of these characters to the Outbreak cast, there should be more characters included in the game, not only those four.
5 hours left until the teaser trailer. I don't expect we will get a lot of answers since the video will probably be very short, we will have to wait for the TGS on Thursday to know more.

AliTheZombie13

Postby AliTheZombie13 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:17 pm

Two hours left. This game better be good, Capcom!

Red-Dragon-Cro

Postby Red-Dragon-Cro » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:39 pm

If nothing else: I just hope that this game will be in the same style as REmake 2 with 4 p co-op. I also hope that there's more than the 4 shown characters. I hate joining games late and being forced to pick the only character left. Also: each character is good with different roles like the OG Outbreak titles I don't want the role play aspect to go away.

Less than 8 hours left!
Yeah, who knows maybe even add a character creator to make our own characters.

T-King-667

Postby T-King-667 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:51 pm

Less than 8 hours left!
Yeah, who knows maybe even add a character creator to make our own characters.
Yeah, I thought about an open world RE based in Raccoon city where you can make your own character and possibly find other players. Your starting location/items/stats would be based on what occupation you selected so if you picked a Firefighter and a friend picked RPD you'd have to both find city maps to find and meet up with one another. Proximity voice chat that will also alert nearby enemies with Hand held radios that you can find to boost the proximity.

The concept to me is exciting and with how Capcom has been doing I'm at least half-way confident that they can pull it off.

Edit: Less than an hour. God help us.

ifffrt

Postby ifffrt » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:27 pm

You know despite all the flak I give capcom for screwing up RE2 remake I’m still hopeful that this will be good. With RE2 they overshot their expectations which ended up leaving them with a tight budget and a tight deadline and so they had to cut big chunks out of the game. And forcing themselves to rigidly adhere to the original RE2 story beats without actually understanding how to respect the original story, or expand and improve on the original like the first REmake did was a recipe for disaster.

But this is Outbreak so presumably even though the story and characters won’t be remotely the same, at least now they have a lot more leeway to make things more original, and not in that awkward place between being so different that everything and everyone feels out of character, and so samey and expected that it’s snore inducing.

T-King-667

Postby T-King-667 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:02 pm

ANNND it looks like it's 4v1. woo

AliTheZombie13

Postby AliTheZombie13 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:10 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlx6zWE5kIA

100% unrelated to Outbreak, also looks like another piece of crap.

lewman

Postby lewman » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:12 pm

What i get from the teaser is that it's possibly a 4vs1 game, one player looks to be a dungeon master of sorts sending enemies and traps at the 4 survivors. Kind of like how zombie U's multiplayer mode worked.

Red-Dragon-Cro

Postby Red-Dragon-Cro » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:26 pm

And Capcom disappoints once again. They are on a roll with RE games. First RE7 which doesn't even feel like RE, RE2 "Remake" which isn't even an accurate representation of the game and now this.

Return to “News”