We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Holy crap REO is back!

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
Jonathan_F_G

Re: Holy crap REO is back!

Postby Jonathan_F_G » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:10 am

I remember you. I went by Mikey, remember me?
Or perhaps you know my MGO2 name now.
What a minute.... Did you play Twisted Metal Black online?
I played that game, just not online. I don't think... lol
Games I played online:

PS2:
Outbreak 1 & 2 on USA servers.
Metal Gear Online 1 on USA server.

PS3:
All Resident Evil games.
The Last Of Us.
Uncharted 3 for a week or so.
Metal Gear Online 2 on USA/EU servers.

Probably forgetting more.
I asked because I used to game with a "mikey23" or something (His actual username had the name "mikey" in it) between Twisted Metal Black online and the original Resident Evil Outbreak. This was before REOB File #2 came out.

Ha ha yep, I was playing Metal Gear Online 1 as well. MGO1 was too sweet back in the day.
Aye NOE yu licke tu luke et yoself un televishon yu sek sun off eh BYTCH. Soh luke et THES: HYEH!

- Jean-Claude Van Damme as Colonel Guile

myabsolution

Postby myabsolution » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:19 am

I responded to you about Mike23sting and TMBO, and pmed!!

Jonathan_F_G

Postby Jonathan_F_G » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:27 am

I remember you. I went by Mikey, remember me?
Or perhaps you know my MGO2 name now.
What a minute.... Did you play Twisted Metal Black online?
I did. Big time. You are refering to mike23sting aka mikey lol

who were you!?!
I was Jonathan_F_G in the US SN@P servers. I used to game with darcizzle, andreos, rizzo (Which wasn't his full username) and VHProYoko alot. However, I didn't play TMBO for too long. I was way more interested in the unique online play of Biohazard Outbreak (Which was so new at the time).

I may have to shorten my "username" (HN) here for the Japanese-based KDDI format once I start playing the Outbreaks online again.

But I see you on GameFAQs. I've been trying to spread the word on there. And I believe new comers are interested in this.
Aye NOE yu licke tu luke et yoself un televishon yu sek sun off eh BYTCH. Soh luke et THES: HYEH!

myabsolution

Postby myabsolution » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:35 am

Ahh k, cool! And what was your name on TMBO if you recall at all? Pretty awesome running into old vets.

Jonathan_F_G

Postby Jonathan_F_G » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:11 am

Ahh k, cool! And what was your name on TMBO if you recall at all? Pretty awesome running into old vets.
Same name. Jonathan_F_G.

It's interesting because darcizzle and andreos have been on my PS3 friends list since the US SN@P servers shut down back in 2007. However I reunited with VHProYoko through RE Operation Raccoon City about 2 years ago. I played ORC for some time, hoping I'd bump into Outbreak vets. And of course I did, most of who I never bumped into on the Outbreaks.

Another PS2 game I played online back in the day was Syphon Filter The Omega Strain. That game was hilarious. "Python's down!" "Dragon's down! Repeat! Dragon is down!" "Dragon's down...." I wonder if anybody remembers it?

myabsolution

Postby myabsolution » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:24 pm

Yes I recall you now!! :)

For me it was the opposite, I played TMBO far more than Outbreak 1-2. And I played Outbreak from launch until File 2 came out in 05, and File 2 only for 4-5 months in 2005 post-launch, so a lot of people here were new to me since they played after me. Plus I didn't participate much in the OB community and not many people knew me as a result. I went on vacation in summer of 05, promising to return to File 2, and never returned :)) I got swept up in MMOs like Star Wars Galaxies and World of Warcraft. Then eventually the servers shut down, and I regretted leaving so soon for years.

TMBO however, I played in 2002, for several years afterwards, and made friends with a fuck ton of people and was just immersed in that community. I still talk to a shit ton of those friends from TMBO daily and play games with them every so often... like 12 years later! We actually still play it using Xlink Kai (which sucks... but manageable at times). And there might be some surprises down the road that some might hear about.

Pretty crazy how early online gaming can make friends that last forever.

Jonathan_F_G

Postby Jonathan_F_G » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:09 pm

Yes I recall you now!! :)

For me it was the opposite, I played TMBO far more than Outbreak 1-2. And I played Outbreak from launch until File 2 came out in 05, and File 2 only for 4-5 months in 2005 post-launch, so a lot of people here were new to me since they played after me. Plus I didn't participate much in the OB community and not many people knew me as a result. I went on vacation in summer of 05, promising to return to File 2, and never returned :)) I got swept up in MMOs like Star Wars Galaxies and World of Warcraft. Then eventually the servers shut down, and I regretted leaving so soon for years.

TMBO however, I played in 2002, for several years afterwards, and made friends with a fuck ton of people and was just immersed in that community. I still talk to a shit ton of those friends from TMBO daily and play games with them every so often... like 12 years later! We actually still play it using Xlink Kai (which sucks... but manageable at times). And there might be some surprises down the road that some might hear about.

Pretty crazy how early online gaming can make friends that last forever.
No doubt, no doubt.

What was your name in Capcom's BHOB servers?

Yeah, I love the Twisted Metal series. TM1 and TM2 are the best with the art direction. Love the atmosphere of both games although they are very different from eachother. But TMB has the best gameplay of the 3 classics. Speaking of Twisted Metal, I need to go back to TM (2012) again.... That game is GREAT. Dude, I was owning cats as Road Kill. In TM (2012), Road Kill is a vehicle designed for experts because its armor is weak with below average handling. But on the flipside, the car is pretty fast and has access to a hard to pull off but very powerful special.

myabsolution

Postby myabsolution » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:08 pm

My name on US servers for File 1 was "RoaDy_" and File 2 used both that one and "cHaMbEr".

Heh... well I hated the new TM game. 99% of vets from older games (TM2PC/TMBO online vets) absolutely despised it and basically quit playing after 4-5 months lol. I played TM2PC for 8 years solid, and TMBO for a few years... but this game didn't even hold a candle to either, and those games played very differently.

Biggest complaint was that the game was far far far too easy and dumbed down in comparison to older TM games like TM2/B. Guns and weapons auto-aim and accuracy levels were cranked WAY up, so mechanics like dodging and evasion are hardly relevant in TM2012. Then you have so many cars with same special, a chain-gun. And its undodgeable for most part. Other mechanics were weapons with 3-4 uses, or weapons that caused severe "knockback" or "bounce" (homing/sat/napalm) to help you land freezes or other weapons... now most weapons just land on their own, and ramming is just for damage, it isn't really needed to help you set anything up.

Heres a few, among many, HUGE posts I made on just how gutted the new games were (if interested lol)

Knockback/Bounce/Dodging and setting up attacks
Skill weapons and Ramming
Gameplay depth in old games, Big cars vs Small

Return to “Introduction”