We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Heyo, I'm new! :D

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
MokaChan

Heyo, I'm new! :D

Postby MokaChan » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:52 pm

Goood afternoon, fellow Resident Evil fans!!

This is going to be an intro (and a cry for help because I'm a dumb-dumb-- Pfft).

My name is Moka and I have been playing Resident Evil games since I was 12. Funnily enough Outbreak file 1 was my first game and I'd also gotten RE4, both for the PS2. I mostly played the games with my little bro-bro since I had very limited internet growing up, so I didn't get to play games online till 2017. Best. Experience. EVER! I played RE Revs 2 online on my PS3 and ahhh, it was so fun! RE4 was, and still is terrifying, and so far I have more RE games than I do any others. I'd have to say my favorite RE character is Jake Muller just because he's like my comfort character and we have a bit in common. My second favorite is Jill Valentine because she is just amazing and I love herrr. My favorite RE game would have to be the Resident Evil 3 Nemesis because it was the first "oldie" RE I played and I love the backwards controls and the graphics. Something about them seems likes we're stepping back in time and I really love how complicated the maps and puzzles are! MULTIPLE ENDINGS ARE A HUGE PLUS!! I love love LOVE multiple ending games!! I'm currently a student in a tech college, studying for my DGD degree (though this Dec I have to take a break due to medical issues interfering with stuff), so I'm going to have lots of free time to work on commissions. Haha. I mostly draw digital art as my hobby (and income), as well as writing, novella roleplay, and reading. I have a service doggo names Arthur and he's a good boyo. Sometime if I ever relearn how to sew, I'd love to do a cosplay of Fiona Belli from Haunting Ground/Demento with him!

This next bit is my cry for help- I am so so sorry you gotta deal with my dumb-dumb ass. (TvT)

I am new to all of this- the technoloy and emulators and just everything. I have no idea what I'm doing and I spent all day today finally figuring out how to get the emulator to work and I got Biohazard Outbreak Files 1 & 2 on my laptop and am super excited to play because I've only played File 1 on my PS2 and ahh it's such a great game. I hadn't played the game till Sunday and boyy, it was insane how the developers hid things everywhere and I love how each character has their own thing they're really skilled with. I was streaming the first level of the first game and someone in chat asked me if I was playing the online version and I reeally wanted to play, but again, completely new to the entire emulator stuff because I'm a tech-savvy-dumb-dumb.Welp. I got all my stuff set up and was ready to go and the game had me logged into the server and then I accidentally exited out and now it says I am not signed into obsrv.org when I currently am? I tried figuring out which buttons did what between the laptop and the game on the homescreen for a good hour and a half and I saw notification pop up and was like "Turbo? Idunno what that is, but ookay, let's turn it back off just in case." Still logged into obsrv.org and I'm reading through things and then I saw that word "Turbo" and read how we weren't supposed to press that (in this caase the TAB button) and that we'd get banned and cue me inwardly panicking because I didn't read things sooner! I meant to have made an intro post forever and am still figuring where things are on here, so I'm positive there's a questions section, but I figured I'd ask the question here since I'm very lost. I apologize for the inconvience. (TvT) How-How do I fix the, erm, network connection and whatnot? I really didn't mean to activate the Turbo- I had no idea what it was. Augh. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Also, I'd love tips on how emulators work as a whole and whatnot. That would be a huge help as well!

Alright, my book of an intro and needing some halp is complete. XD
Thank you so much for taking time to read this!!
Haave a lovely daaayyy! :)
- Moka

FrankyPlaysGam

Re: Heyo, I'm new! :D

Postby FrankyPlaysGam » Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:46 pm

Have you gotten your issue solved? If not, try referring to the wiki (link is under the OBSRV banner at the very top) for auto-login issues, our use the Troubleshooting section within the Shoutbox to ask some people via chatroom about technical issues. If you have any other questions or just want somebody to play with feel free to get in touch with me via forum PM.

Isles487

Postby Isles487 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:51 pm

Goood afternoon, fellow Resident Evil fans!!

This is going to be an intro (and a cry for help because I'm a dumb-dumb-- Pfft).

My name is Moka and I have been playing Resident Evil games since I was 12. Funnily enough Outbreak file 1 was my first game and I'd also gotten RE4, both for the PS2. I mostly played the games with my little bro-bro since I had very limited internet growing up, so I didn't get to play games online till 2017. Best. Experience. EVER! I played RE Revs 2 online on my PS3 and ahhh, it was so fun! RE4 was, and still is terrifying, and so far I have more RE games than I do any others. I'd have to say my favorite RE character is Jake Muller just because he's like my comfort character and we have a bit in common. My second favorite is Jill Valentine because she is just amazing and I love herrr. My favorite RE game would have to be the Resident Evil 3 Nemesis because it was the first "oldie" RE I played and I love the backwards controls and the graphics. Something about them seems likes we're stepping back in time and I really love how complicated the maps and puzzles are! MULTIPLE ENDINGS ARE A HUGE PLUS!! I love love LOVE multiple ending games!! I'm currently a student in a tech college, studying for my DGD degree (though this Dec I have to take a break due to medical issues interfering with stuff), so I'm going to have lots of free time to work on commissions. Haha. I mostly draw digital art as my hobby (and income), as well as writing, novella roleplay, and reading. I have a service doggo names Arthur and he's a good boyo. Sometime if I ever relearn how to sew, I'd love to do a cosplay of Fiona Belli from Haunting Ground/Demento with him!

This next bit is my cry for help- I am so so sorry you gotta deal with my dumb-dumb ass. (TvT)

I am new to all of this- the technoloy and emulators and just everything. I have no idea what I'm doing and I spent all day today finally figuring out how to get the emulator to work and I got Biohazard Outbreak Files 1 & 2 on my laptop and am super excited to play because I've only played File 1 on my PS2 and ahh it's such a great game. I hadn't played the game till Sunday and boyy, it was insane how the developers hid things everywhere and I love how each character has their own thing they're really skilled with. I was streaming the first level of the first game and someone in chat asked me if I was playing the online version and I reeally wanted to play, but again, completely new to the entire emulator stuff because I'm a tech-savvy-dumb-dumb.Welp. I got all my stuff set up and was ready to go and the game had me logged into the server and then I accidentally exited out and now it says I am not signed into obsrv.org when I currently am? I tried figuring out which buttons did what between the laptop and the game on the homescreen for a good hour and a half and I saw notification pop up and was like "Turbo? Idunno what that is, but ookay, let's turn it back off just in case." Still logged into obsrv.org and I'm reading through things and then I saw that word "Turbo" and read how we weren't supposed to press that (in this caase the TAB button) and that we'd get banned and cue me inwardly panicking because I didn't read things sooner! I meant to have made an intro post forever and am still figuring where things are on here, so I'm positive there's a questions section, but I figured I'd ask the question here since I'm very lost. I apologize for the inconvience. (TvT) How-How do I fix the, erm, network connection and whatnot? I really didn't mean to activate the Turbo- I had no idea what it was. Augh. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Also, I'd love tips on how emulators work as a whole and whatnot. That would be a huge help as well!

Alright, my book of an intro and needing some halp is complete. XD
Thank you so much for taking time to read this!!
Haave a lovely daaayyy! :)
- Moka
Welcome aboard! Accidentally activating turbo for a bit isn't going to get you banned, so don't worry. As far as being logged in automatically, see here: https://obsrv.org/wiki/index.php?n=Serv ... inProblems

Check out the wiki, generally, too, as there is a lot of info there! If you have any specific questions about playing online, emulator, etc., feel free to stop by the emulator section and ask away.

truelolzor1

Postby truelolzor1 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:22 am

I'd like to piggyback on this thread and ask about turbo.

The warning reads: "Do NOT disable frame limiter - tab key, aka turbo mode - or you will be BANNED"

When I press tab, it reads either "(FrameLimiter) Turbo Enabled" or "(FrameLimiter) Turbo Disabled".

This makes me confused. Are frame limiter and turbo the same thing, therefore I should press tab until it reads "enabled"? I guess my main confusion stems from terminology, because logically "turbo" and "limiter" are sort of opposing terms, so when I enable turbo it feels like I disable frame limiter and vice versa.

Thanks for the answer and excuse me for such stupid overthinking question.

Also, is this a solution to the infamous freezing issue? Was it frame limiter? Very curious.

Obani

Postby Obani » Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:21 am

Disabling framelimiter means enabling turbo, game is set to run on 60fps and if you disabled the framelimiter, your game can run on 1000fps. So enabling framelimiter means disabling turbo. Hope this makes sense

truelolzor1

Postby truelolzor1 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:43 pm

Thanks. Good to know my gut was right.

Return to “Introduction”