We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Hello still learning outbreak here

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
Nickslink

Hello still learning outbreak here

Postby Nickslink » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:20 am

I have played the game since 2012, and never played it online until last year. My dad who has played online back in the day told me so much about him and his friends, beating high scores in that play mode Downtown and all that jazz.

He's told me so much in fact that i really wanted to play online somehow. So i figured out last year and here i am. I got my dad back to the game and he still enjoys it, except for the lag because we play on emulators. His emulator is not working so i'm doing a new project to get him on a regular fat model ps2 to play on.

My father's name was and still is Bloodbath for those of you wondering and if anybody here played with him.

hill73n

Re: Hello still learning outbreak here

Postby hill73n » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:15 am

Welcome!

Lag is nothing to do with emulators. It happens on PS2 console just the same. Playing on emulator (as long as your PC isn't a potato) is actually better than PS2 due to advantages like easy, recording, screenshotting, streaming, using OB Tracker App to see health/status of players and enemies, timers, puzzle codes etc etc.

Also join the official OBSRV discord to get chat, get help or find others to join you for online play viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5412

Hope you have fun!

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:02 am

PS2 is still a valid option if that is what you decide on doing.

Nickslink

Postby Nickslink » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:32 am

Welcome!

Lag is nothing to do with emulators. It happens on PS2 console just the same. Playing on emulator (as long as your PC isn't a potato) is actually better than PS2 due to advantages like easy, recording, screenshotting, streaming, using OB Tracker App to see health/status of players and enemies, timers, puzzle codes etc etc.

Also join the official OBSRV discord to get chat, get help or find others to join you for online play viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5412

Hope you have fun!
Thank you I did join the discord. Yes It is Potato it’s just a laptop that can run most things and this game, but not really well. The FPS drops from 60 frames to 10 in certain spots, like on the roof on scenario outbreak idk what causes it. There are also weird graphical glitches in the same scenario, where shadows are broken almost like they are stretched out a little bit. Does a ps2 solve these issues, or will it just give the same problem?

hill73n

Postby hill73n » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:41 pm

PS2 has no graphical glitches. And like SilentHell said it is fine to play that way if you want the original experience. There are simply advantages to playing on PCSX2 that make the process of learning the game much quicker imo.

With the PS2 console route, if you don't have a JAP PS2 then you will need a modded PS2 to play the game. FreeMCBoot works well and doesn't require any hardware modding. Can still get a Memcard with FreeMCBoot on ebay for a few $$.

There are forum posts explaining what you need to set up with either PS2 or PCSX2 method. Also ask in the Discord in troubleshooting if you have any issues. It is not difficult, but sometimes small but important things can be overlooked and it won't work first try as happened with me ;)

Return to “Introduction”