We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

The Comprehensive Outbreak Server FAQ (Updated 12/18/19)

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
Jake_Wade

Re: The Comprehensive Outbreak Server FAQ (Updated 1/5/13)

Postby Jake_Wade » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:16 pm

Okay so wait.

1) I bought my US copies of File 1 and 2 only a couple years ago, and I play them on my ps3, as my ps2 died off long ago.

2) I'd been dreaming of playing this with my friends.

3) Heard about this, signed up, only to find out it only works with japanese versions on ps2.

4) My only option is emulator, I suppose...but that would be pirating, because I don't think there WAS a PC version.

Which brings me to:

5) So how exactly am I supposed to play this online with my friends? Even if I had a working ps2, where in the heck would I get a japanese copy of the game? And repeat that question for my friends?

Also, since none of us can read japanese, how would we complete puzzles?

Don't get me wrong, EXTREMELY happy that yall have done what ya could, even though it means that the game still can't be played online for the most part, but it's more than Capcom themselves have done, so i'm rooting for ya, and hopin this becomes more accessible!
If you bought the game from Capcom (not from other people) then you can download the Japenese version legally

How to play Resident Evil Outbreak Online using PCSX2 emulator:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1939

the_fog

Re: The Comprehensive Outbreak Server FAQ (Updated 1/5/13)

Postby the_fog » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:45 pm

If you bought the game from Capcom (not from other people) then you can download the Japenese version legally
I am pretty sure that is wrong!
That would be like "I bought RE4 for Gamecube, now I can download it for PS2, PC and XBOX". No, no, no!

StickBreitling

Re: The Comprehensive Outbreak Server FAQ (Updated 1/5/14)

Postby StickBreitling » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:23 am

I've got both a Japanese slim PS2 and Japanese fat PS2. Just ordered Japanese copies of both File 1 and File 2.

The HDD and broadband adapter I have are the ones that came out in America. Does anyone know if those work with a Japanese fat PS2? It would blow to play File 1 without HDD support. Having said that, are most people right now playing online with HDD support?
THERE'S NO TIME. (DarksideHazuki84) (Gabe LOGAN) (WINBACK)

Anomaladox

Postby Anomaladox » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:31 am

I've got both a Japanese slim PS2 and Japanese fat PS2. Just ordered Japanese copies of both File 1 and File 2.

The HDD and broadband adapter I have are the ones that came out in America. Does anyone know if those work with a Japanese fat PS2? It would blow to play File 1 without HDD support. Having said that, are most people right now playing online with HDD support?
AFAIK those BB adapters are universal.
US PlayStation®2 - Fat 50000 /N Series - 120GB HDD - Loader: Open PS2 Loader 1.0.0
US PlayStation®2 - Slim 75000 Series - Loader: Open PS2 Loader 1.1.0
JP PSX - DVR/Console DESR-5700 Series - Loader: Open PS2 Loader 1.2.0

HN: Anomaladox
ID: GLITCH

New to the server?
Frequently Asked Questions
Current OBSRV DNS: 208.72.237.31

ImageClick me?

Magpuller

Postby Magpuller » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:54 am

AFAIK those BB adapters are universal.
If I recall, the only difference was that the Japanese version only had an Ethernet port.

Leny

Postby Leny » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:51 am

You better not act stupid or arrogant on the server.... This is not like the US Servers...

hobbes_182

Postby hobbes_182 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:10 am

You can run the full game off the HDD with a boot method :D Rooms appear as "DVD-Mode" but they would be running off the HDD [3-5 heartbeats in-between load doors]. If you play without the HDD you would be the last to load and get left behind :S

Slim PS2 + HDD would be slow since the usb speed on the PS2 is 1.1 Phat PS2 & HDD or PC emu is the way to go :P

darin

Postby darin » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:57 pm

i successfully logged on! thanks so much for all the effort put into bringing the servers back online!

StickBreitling

Postby StickBreitling » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:38 am

You better not act stupid or arrogant on the server.... This is not like the US Servers...
You mean it's a place void of personality?
Already sounds like a blast!
THERE'S NO TIME. (DarksideHazuki84) (Gabe LOGAN) (WINBACK)

Leny

Postby Leny » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:27 am

your avatar says it all... Keep talking like this and let's see who laughs at the end..

Jarnold

Postby Jarnold » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:58 am

haha... yeah this guy is full of himself. If he's doing it to be funny that's fine, but he's certainly not better than everybody.

if there is someone better than everybody it's the_fog, who brought online play back.

pirajacinto

Postby pirajacinto » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:42 am

Wait.....DarksideHazuki....I remember that name from GameFAQs.....
HN: PIRA
Player since 2004!
http://www.youtube.com/user/PJAStudios

gizmo1992

Postby gizmo1992 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:21 am

can i play this game online without a japannese copy of the game? on my ps2?

re4leon

Postby re4leon » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:37 am

Unfortunately no, as far as my knowledge goes, the japanese version of the game and a japanese ps2 are needed in order to play through the server, either that or emulator. You could also buy swap magic for your current ps2, this is a method to trick the ps2 into reading japanese games and having you play them, but you do need the game itself, that is a definite requirement.

Anomaladox

Postby Anomaladox » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:39 am

can i play this game online without a japannese copy of the game? on my ps2?
No, please refer to page 1 of this FAQ.
US PlayStation®2 - Fat 50000 /N Series - 120GB HDD - Loader: Open PS2 Loader 1.0.0
US PlayStation®2 - Slim 75000 Series - Loader: Open PS2 Loader 1.1.0
JP PSX - DVR/Console DESR-5700 Series - Loader: Open PS2 Loader 1.2.0

HN: Anomaladox
ID: GLITCH

New to the server?
Frequently Asked Questions
Current OBSRV DNS: 208.72.237.31

ImageClick me?

Return to “Introduction”