We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Hey there!

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
Xenobeagle

Hey there!

Postby Xenobeagle » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:17 pm

Hello fellow believers, my name is Shalyn.

I am a huge nut for oldschool resident evil and specifically Resident Evil Outbreak, so when I saw this forum I knew i needed to sign up. My online name on Resident Evil Outbreak was \"Chris_Mcaleb\" (a character from a Resident Evil Mod). I actually signed into the forum about a week ago, but I never gave an intro sooo here it is I guess!

My favorite character in Outbreak was Kevin Ryman and my favorite scenario would have to be either Decisions Decisions, Desperate times, or maybe End of the Road... it\'s a huge tossup for me since i loved most the scenarios. Honestly I only got to play the 1st Outbreak online since file 2 was offline before I got an internet adapter. On steam my display name is \"The True Mask\" and it has the same avatar of Asuka Langley Soryu from Neon Genesis Evangelion (I\'m a geek for that too). I tell all my friends Outbreak is the best coop game every created and they think I\'m full of it, so I\'m stoked at the possibility of this coming back so they can see 1st hand that it truly is the masterpiece I say it is.
Last edited by Xenobeagle on Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-The self has always been composed of 2 selves, the self which observes others, and the self which observes ones self.-

Hunk_4TH

Hey there!

Postby Hunk_4TH » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:22 pm

Hey, welcome aboard! Nice to see more are joining. I love Kevin too and Kevin types!

the_fog

Hey there!

Postby the_fog » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:43 pm

Welcome to the board, Christopher. Nice signature ;)

GeorgeHamilton

Hey there!

Postby GeorgeHamilton » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:47 pm

Welcome! :) Decisions, Decisions is also one of my favorites.
Last edited by GeorgeHamilton on Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cool, calm, collected.

Recently came back to play. Might still be rusty at times.

Xenobeagle

Hey there!

Postby Xenobeagle » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:21 am

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Hopefully we\'ll all be able to play outbreak again sometime, my old slim ps2 I played it on had a wierd issue where it would skip cutscenes automatically, so others were forced to load cutscenes while I was in game defending them xD. Pretty bad problem with my hardware but luckily I got a new one so that shouldn\'t be an issue anymore. I actually lonewolfed decisions decisions as Kevin on Very Hard once xD It was such a pain! Lol, such a fun game with so much replay value! Also glad you appreciate the signature fog, it\'s one of my favorites! :).
Last edited by Xenobeagle on Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
-The self has always been composed of 2 selves, the self which observes others, and the self which observes ones self.-

NateWolf

Hey there!

Postby NateWolf » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:14 am

Chris, didn\'t we play Outbreak together before? I was nearly always Alyssa.

Xenobeagle

Hey there!

Postby Xenobeagle » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:29 am

It\'s highly likely, I played nonstop the last few months before outbreak was shut down.

NateWolf

Hey there!

Postby NateWolf » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:55 am

Back on the US servers my username was NateWolf and on the JP servers it was なて-おかみ.

Xenobeagle

Hey there!

Postby Xenobeagle » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:28 pm

If you ever played with FoxyAreku, then chances are we definately played together, I played a lot of matches with Foxy... don\'t remember a lot of other names as Foxy is the only one I\'ve somewhat kept in touch with since it\'s shutdown years ago.

Tofu

Hey there!

Postby Tofu » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:23 pm

It would be nice someone warn these guys who used to play outbreak online about the server, there are some really good players that used to post their gameplay videos on youtube, like FoxyAreku, SairentoZ7, Seraph22x, krw703...

NateWolf

Hey there!

Postby NateWolf » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:39 am

Tofu, I know Seraph and krew among some more players I used to play with. I have a number of them on my PSN friends list. Also to that regard, I have some youtube videos of my last few gameplay on the JP servers. It was recorded by my buddy komaru.

Dchaps

Hey there!

Postby Dchaps » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:22 pm

Chatzy

the_fog

Hey there!

Postby the_fog » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:45 pm

[quote="OBSERV"]
Chatzy
[/quote]
????

Xenobeagle

Hey there!

Postby Xenobeagle » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:09 am

I guess Chatzy must\'ve been another Outbreak player back in the day? Not sure myself xD Did any of you guys ever do RE:Outbreak Deathmatch? I used to get frustrated by players who joined and tried to turn it into deathmatch maybe thinking they were proving if they were better than others... but killing your teamates really can\'t prove your the better Outbreak player since it\'s a COOP experience... it really only proved they were not as good of team players lol. I never grasped the purpose of Deathmatch in RE:Outbreak.

myabsolution

Hey there!

Postby myabsolution » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:18 am

I didnt like doing deathmatchs, but it was always funny having one team killer or recluse in your game... spiced things up a bit.

In Outbreak they would hold doors closed so you couldn\'t get through, or not pick you up once you\'d fallen.

A common funny scenario:

\"Cindy.... help\" (crawling on ground/dying)

Cindy replies: Kevin.... NO. (Cindy starts kicking the ground)

Mind you outbreak 1 didnt really have any true support for it (IIRC no friendly fire), but it was such a popular player created mode that capcom decided to include friendly fire and promote this \"mode\" in events for file 2.

I think TKO was the \"Clan\" dedicated to DM.
Last edited by myabsolution on Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
「ID: ADMIN3「Handle: Absolution「Platform: PS2 40GB HDD

Return to “Introduction”