We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Introduction and some thoughts.

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
k_recao

Postby k_recao » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:33 am

Hi, guys.
This is my first post here at the community.

I\'m not good at introductions, so... I\'ll just write here some thoughts I got when watched Fog\'s video about Sn@p bypass and that index page showed on the private server...

I wonder: Since the major authentications were bypassed, there could be some way to exploit a manner to connect client consoles the same way services like XLink Kai, Leaf and XbConnect ? Maybe knowing how those services works, could give an idea on how to start a similar peer-to-peer section using \"RE:Outbreak\".

What do you guys think ? Sounds like bullsh*t ? Not ? :D

k_recao

the_fog

Postby the_fog » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:36 am

The difference between SN@P, KDDI and services like XLink etc. is that for XLink your game needs LAN capabilities for them. Unfortunately REO/BO lacks of those. For SN@P and KDDI the entire server structure (login server, lobby server, game server) has to be emulated. It\'s a completeley different infrastructure and that makes server resurrection so difficult and time consuming.

camjam

Postby camjam » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:55 am

This may be a bit edgy, but you should make contact with \"vulpes zedra\". In only 1 month, he coded an entire patch and fake server and made it so simcity 2013, which is designed to ONLY play online, lets you play offline now. He might be able to help somehow.
In the words of Bunifa latifa halifa sharifa jackson...

"WHAT DID I DO?!?!"

Return to “Introduction”