We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

new player etiquette?

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
Soulsman

new player etiquette?

Postby Soulsman » Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:55 am

how do u guys like new players who dont know anythin joining the games? do players get mad at new players, or does everybody expect random newbs to come in?

WolfMAK

Re: new player etiquette?

Postby WolfMAK » Tue May 23, 2023 8:18 pm

Nah I’m newer and don’t really know how to beat the scenarios. I’ve only completed outbreak and below freezing point on my own. I’m more than willing to explore and figure out how to beat the scenarios with other new players.

foxyareku

Postby foxyareku » Thu May 25, 2023 7:26 am

Don't join levels you've never done before on very hard, do easy or normal first. That's all I would say.

Take your time and learn the game.
Resident Fox and Cindy Main
Follow me on http://www.twitch.tv/foxyareku

xDrHellx

Postby xDrHellx » Thu May 25, 2023 10:00 am

Personally, i don't mind new players when playing, however i don't like carrying people because it usually ends up with everyone being dead.
I think new players joining very hard games is fine, however they should at least be capable of staying alive.

It doesn't take much:
- Keeping an herb on you
- Being careful
- Avoiding wasting ammo, instead going for the "tackle and dodge" option if possible

hobbes_182

Postby hobbes_182 » Fri May 26, 2023 5:55 am

I don't mind new players joining.

When a game starts I usually wait and see what the group will do. There's usually the one person who will run off as if they are on a countdown to try and beat the level as soon as possible.

The only thing that is actually annoying is joining a public game, then being told to "leave" or when the host cancels the game because they don't know you.

This happened all the time on the Capcom Servers. It has been creeping up here as well.

For me at least.

Obani

Postby Obani » Mon May 29, 2023 8:25 am

I always like to remind myself how I used to suck at this game and how some old players who I didnt know helped me beat scenarios , I really like to help my new teammates to beat the level but sometimes it is just imposibble, for me it adds to the thrill with the new players, when you play a match with 4 experienced players its pretty much a fixed match

Return to “Introduction”