We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Resident Evil Outbreak listed under Geforce Now Leak

short notes for those not reading all the forums
T-King-667

Re: Resident Evil Outbreak listed under Geforce Now Leak

Postby T-King-667 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:03 am

Just decided to look up the Capcom hack/leak from last year and the Outbreak/Outrage/Revelations 3/whatever the fuck title was due to release Q4 2021 (So basically now) Which now that I think about it could have been RE 4 VR?

Either way, assuming that the project was internally pushed back to Q1 2022 that would line up with the NVIDIA leak for Outbreak. I honestly can't imagine both leaks being mistranslated in the exact same way when it was supposed to be Revelations 3? If it was a mistranslation wouldn't the number "3" be in the title?

And when would this be announced anyway? The video game awards? Lol. I know the OG Outbreak was announced at TGS in 2002/03 but that event already come and gone this year and I don't think TGS garners enough traction for Capcom to want to do big reveals at anyway.

But seriously: March isn't that far off and Capcom has a tendency to announce shit at events rather than on a whim. I know Playstation has a show in December and the game awards also has theirs in December. Capcom likes to announce stuff at Sony's shows so it would probably be there if it does exist. But if not then I doubt we'll see anything announced before March.

RastY12P

Postby RastY12P » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:09 pm

Also on the website of resident evil appears a redesign of the cover of resident evil file 2

https://game.capcom.com/residentevil/en ... e_20211126

T-King-667

Postby T-King-667 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:29 am

Also on the website of resident evil appears a redesign of the cover of resident evil file 2

https://game.capcom.com/residentevil/en ... e_20211126

It's interesting how you can now see the standing character's other arm and with the image being much lighter overall you can obviously tell from the pants and boots that the character is Kevin. This was probably already obvious for most who saw the original cover but with the editing and proper image lighting this is the first time it's ever occurred to me that it's definitely him. It's also now possible to make out that the image takes place in a tunnel, I always thought it took place up on the streets (That's where my mind goes when I think of a manhole)

I just tried looking around the web and all the other "File 2 cover" images I could find are much darker and the other arm is never visible (from what I could find anyway) So it seems like they went out of their way to dig up the old original file 2 cover art to tweak with the cropping, lighting and font for the timeline placement.

Edit: I Lied, you can vaguely see the other arm on the PAL version's cover (White background)

Even if it doesn't mean anything it's cool that they went out of their way and put the extra effort in. Though, I find it odd that they left File 1 as the default Pal version with no changes.

Nice find, regardless!

gorisensei

Postby gorisensei » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:16 pm

From a business point of view, Outbreak remaster (i assume that's what they would be going for?) i'd say, to them looks like a pretty risky investment based on how the original ones sold. They'd have to re-do the whole codebase, update the textures to HD and what not. And then likely end up having not that many people buy the game. Yeah sure, i'd buy it, probably 90% of the people here would buy it. But likely not enough sales to turn a profit. It's something i want, but i understand it not being a safe enough investment for Capcom to do. They seem to be vying for some sort of E-sports potential in their recent online game ventures.

T-King-667

Postby T-King-667 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:31 pm

From a business point of view, Outbreak remaster (i assume that's what they would be going for?) i'd say, to them looks like a pretty risky investment based on how the original ones sold. They'd have to re-do the whole codebase, update the textures to HD and what not. And then likely end up having not that many people buy the game. Yeah sure, i'd buy it, probably 90% of the people here would buy it. But likely not enough sales to turn a profit. It's something i want, but i understand it not being a safe enough investment for Capcom to do. They seem to be vying for some sort of E-sports potential in their recent online game ventures.
To be fair: Outbreak's sales being low was drawn from a number of things. Everything from only releasing on one system to being advertised and sold as an Online game during a time where 1/10 houses actually had internet. Not to mention that the PS2 was the bigger pain in the ass online console to work with at the time. But despite that: The first Outbreak still sold well enough to warrant a sequel. File 2 failed in sales because of Capcom's own incompetence. They sold it within a few months of RE4 and you want to know which game I seen advertised over and over leading up to it's release? It sure as shit wasn't file2. I had to find out about that from a guy on the first game lol. A remaster with actual proper advertising across the XBone/SX,PS4/5,Switch and PC I think would easily surpass the PS2 sales from back in 03/04

I agree about Capcom trying to go esport/trend chase but how's that been working out for them? ORC seemed like their answer to Left 4 Dead and it was received poorly. Umbrella corps was their cheap attempt at an esports shooter and that sold and was received extremely poorly. Resistance was their answer to Dead by Daylight and was received poorly. REVerse is another arena style shooter that was received so poorly in beta that they didn't even bother releasing it when they initially planned to.

All of that should be a wakeup call for Capcom to make a RE Multiplayer experience that they know works with the franchise. To do what they know best and not do what works best for OTHER FRANCHISES. But Capcom is stubborn so we'll see.

Herbivore

Postby Herbivore » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:43 am

You had to buy the HDD to play it + the network adapter. Sony USA & Europe etc refused to release the HDD. Japan was the only market that had it... It's pretty simple why the first game failed. Nobody is going to wait on the file 1 DVD load times + issues. On top of that, the very first scenario crashes halfway through & that was it. I also wonder if the more blank screens in the first game were for downloadable extra games? Because they kept it looking like you could unlock more scenarios past DD. + that Mikami only wanted RE on Nintendo? iirc So I think the game wuz sort of sabotaged
-Vote Joel Clemens for City Council

"What a weird Customer... what are you doing?!" - Will, Bartender / Cook at J's Bar, In memorial

gorisensei

Postby gorisensei » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:38 pm

To be fair: Outbreak's sales being low was drawn from a number of things. Everything from only releasing on one system to being advertised and sold as an Online game during a time where 1/10 houses actually had internet. Not to mention that the PS2 was the bigger pain in the ass online console to work with at the time. But despite that: The first Outbreak still sold well enough to warrant a sequel. File 2 failed in sales because of Capcom's own incompetence. They sold it within a few months of RE4 and you want to know which game I seen advertised over and over leading up to it's release? It sure as shit wasn't file2. I had to find out about that from a guy on the first game lol. A remaster with actual proper advertising across the XBone/SX,PS4/5,Switch and PC I think would easily surpass the PS2 sales from back in 03/04

I agree about Capcom trying to go esport/trend chase but how's that been working out for them? ORC seemed like their answer to Left 4 Dead and it was received poorly. Umbrella corps was their cheap attempt at an esports shooter and that sold and was received extremely poorly. Resistance was their answer to Dead by Daylight and was received poorly. REVerse is another arena style shooter that was received so poorly in beta that they didn't even bother releasing it when they initially planned to.

All of that should be a wakeup call for Capcom to make a RE Multiplayer experience that they know works with the franchise. To do what they know best and not do what works best for OTHER FRANCHISES. But Capcom is stubborn so we'll see.
Honestly i'd have been so happy if they just made RE Resistance but PVE and more outbreak-like scenario progression instead of the same 3 stages

Leny77

Postby Leny77 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:46 am

You had to buy the HDD to play it + the network adapter. Sony USA & Europe etc refused to release the HDD. Japan was the only market that had it... It's pretty simple why the first game failed. Nobody is going to wait on the file 1 DVD load times + issues. On top of that, the very first scenario crashes halfway through & that was it. I also wonder if the more blank screens in the first game were for downloadable extra games? Because they kept it looking like you could unlock more scenarios past DD. + that Mikami only wanted RE on Nintendo? iirc So I think the game wuz sort of sabotaged
you always make the weirdest comments ever....

Herbivore

Postby Herbivore » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:20 pm

-Normal people played Outbreak File 1 on DVD solo at home.
-Load times were extra long, the timers were buggy etc.
-First scenario crashes if Alyssa is there & you have to buy a network adapter to fix it.

That's why File 1 failed outside of Japan & normal people hated it.

It was made for the HDD. And only Japan got the HDD. Final Fantasy only working with HDD is only reason it was released outside of Japan.

"What a weird Customer... what are you doing?!" - Will, Bartender / Cook at J's Bar, In memorial

T-King-667

Postby T-King-667 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:49 pm

https://twitter.com/aestheticgamer1/sta ... 69?lang=en

So the godfather of RE leaks Dusk Golem spoke about the Nvidia leak a bit. Originally when the Capcom hack happened last year Dusk came out and stated that the Outbreak/Outrage leak was actually Revelations 3 and that it wasn't Outbreak. And now in regards to the Nvidia leak he hasn't heard of an Outbreak in the works but isn't denying it either. I do find it odd that he never mentioned anything about Revelations since according to him and the hack, that should be releasing when NIVIDIA's "Outbreak" is.

Edit: Forgot to mention that this is based on the early Nvidia leak back in September and not the new updated list.

Isles487

Postby Isles487 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:28 am

If this turned out to be a remaster I'd be very surprised. For this to work it would need to be released in the $20-30 range, combine all scenarios together, offer voice chat, remove any type of loading delays, and more just to have a shot. We all know many of us would be buying it, but there aren't/weren't enough huge Outbreak fans to bring in the kind of sales RE2R and RE8 have. A look back to a previous type of gameplay, no matter how awesome for us, would be a tough sell to the fairly substantial base of players that have joined since games like RE2R, and I think Capcom would view it as a risky move, our views notwithstanding.

So we'll see, indeed. Won't be surprised if it never happens, but will be very pleasantly surprised if it does.

HippyTesla

Postby HippyTesla » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:17 am

-First scenario crashes if Alyssa is there & you have to buy a network adapter to fix it.

It was made for the HDD. And only Japan got the HDD. Final Fantasy only working with HDD is only reason it was released outside of Japan.
Pardon me for reviving a dead topic, but US did get the HDD, as well as Browser 2.0. Outbreak games were among a few in the US that had the "Install to HDD" option. After all, Final Fantasy XI absolutely required the HDD, and it was kind of big in the US.

Europe did not get the standard HDD, but we did gat the Linux kit (yaaay?). It was Sony's attempt at circumventing high UK taxes for gaming consoles by marketing it as a personal computer. As such, we got offline-only Outbreak while File #2 did have network support, and a lot of improvements over the JP version. Final Fantasy XI also never got a PS2 version in PAL regions due to this.

Herbivore

Postby Herbivore » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:08 pm

Pardon me for reviving a dead topic, but US did get the HDD, as well as Browser 2.0. Outbreak games were among a few in the US that had the "Install to HDD" option. After all, Final Fantasy XI absolutely required the HDD, and it was kind of big in the US.

Europe did not get the standard HDD, but we did gat the Linux kit (yaaay?). It was Sony's attempt at circumventing high UK taxes for gaming consoles by marketing it as a personal computer. As such, we got offline-only Outbreak while File #2 did have network support, and a lot of improvements over the JP version. Final Fantasy XI also never got a PS2 version in PAL regions due to this.

Outbreak literally had no chance of succeeding outside of Japan. File 1 was unplayable on DVD unless you were a hardcore fan. I wouldn't have played the first game without being introduced to it on the HDD first.

Oubtreak is a good game! Outbreak did nothing wrong! It was SONY!

HippyTesla

Postby HippyTesla » Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:44 pm

Outbreak literally had no chance of succeeding outside of Japan. File 1 was unplayable on DVD unless you were a hardcore fan. I wouldn't have played the first game without being introduced to it on the HDD first.

Oubtreak is a good game! Outbreak did nothing wrong! It was SONY!
Agreed. Half Sony, half Capcom's brilliant marketing and timing.

Anthrax

Postby Anthrax » Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:36 pm

A new rumor has emerged from reddit saying that Outbreak is coming.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAnd ... ries_info/

Return to “News”