We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Resistance has most of the assets necessary to be modded as an Outbreak remake.

short notes for those not reading all the forums
JNero

Resistance has most of the assets necessary to be modded as an Outbreak remake.

Postby JNero » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:38 pm

The characters even have a similar "tackle" animation for hitting doors. Granted, it feels so weak holding the "A" button and seeing a "damage meter" on the door...

If people can make custom environments and remove all of the ridiculous heads up display, then the assets of RE2/3/Resistance are enough to make an Outbreak remake.

I don't mod, but I'd give to a gofundme to pay a competent man to mod this.

Whose with me?
"Your best friend... could be... Your worst foe."

Silent Hell

Re: Resistance has most of the assets necessary to be modded as an Outbreak remake.

Postby Silent Hell » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:54 pm

I'd rather get an official game than get a mod, but it would be cool to see if possible, but I doubt it'll happen anytime soon.

JNero

Re: Resistance has most of the assets necessary to be modded as an Outbreak remake.

Postby JNero » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:45 pm

I agree, but we do have what it takes to "make it happen" since we've been waiting for... what now? 17 years since Outbreak came out?
"Your best friend... could be... Your worst foe."

Mourning Time

Postby Mourning Time » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:09 am

I'd rather get an official game than get a mod, but it would be cool to see if possible, but I doubt it'll happen anytime soon.
This.

Neoplasmic

Postby Neoplasmic » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:15 am

Official game is preferable to mod, but Capcom's Remake may not be as good as the original.

bartex98pl

Postby bartex98pl » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:16 pm

or just keep playing the og and give me dem hd mods

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:20 am

I'm not asking for an Outbreak remake. I'm asking for an original game.

leotreves

Postby leotreves » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:24 am

It even has the P2P lag we love so much.
HN: Shepard

Useful links:

Getting started? Click here
Get a memcard with everything unlocked (File1 and File2)
Installing the emulated HDD (legacy)

PCSX2 using OPL/HDD
PC: Ryzen 5800X3D/64GB/RX 6800XT
PS2: SCPH 30000 2TB
PS3: CECHE01 1TB SSD

Neoplasmic

Postby Neoplasmic » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:47 pm

I've come to realize i'm one of the few people that does not want an Outbreak remake, they will probably fuck it up like RE3.

blackcat

Postby blackcat » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:39 pm

I've come to realize i'm one of the few people that does not want an Outbreak remake, they will probably fuck it up like RE3.
True! while i liked the RE3 remake, i definitely felt that it was half-arsed. I don't want Capcom to reuse assets and go cheap on their remakes without trying to actually hide it like they did in the original RE3. I'd much rather Capcom taking their time to polish their games and focus on overall quality more.

Red-Dragon-Cro

Postby Red-Dragon-Cro » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:48 pm

Yup, Capcom has proven they have no clue what they are doing with all this.

dukemagus

Postby dukemagus » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:24 am

They could hire Isles as designer to make a good outbreak remake.
"HD technology does not make a game interesting. The quality of gameplay makes games interesting." - Keiji Inafune

foreverdead

Postby foreverdead » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:19 pm

new here but not new to outbreak and resident evil in general. but resistance is a terrible and broken game, they dont give you enough time to actually do anything in the game, especially if you have to try to do it by yourself cause you team is garbage, that and its very easy to get railroaded by a mastermind, i was disappointed that in practice mode there are no bosses spawned and the mastermind is always annette birkin. they do have offline mods if you really want them for practice mode, you can have carlos nikoli tyrell and i believe marvin. i was also disappointed that they went a different route and made this game a dead by daylight set in the RE universe. its not too much to ask that they make a half way decent spin off for RE? im pretty sure we will never see a HD remaster of outbreak even tho id like to see one with online support, this is the only game capcom ever made that i cared so much about i sacrificed years, money, and time trying to get people involved to convince capcom we want a remaster of this game, and now that the unity forums are gone, its even more unlikely. im trying to get back into outbreak but its a slow process because im not very good with tech stuff. i am very happy that these servers exist and that atleast in our minds this game has never faded away from us. :)

Return to “News”