We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

In Memoriam: Shoutbox

short notes for those not reading all the forums
RiZzO_420X

Re: In Memoriam: Shoutbox

Postby RiZzO_420X » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:59 am

Shoutbox: The Return.

Coming.
That would be sick. Which makes one wonder - what's stopping 'em from just making a new one lol? xD
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Isles487

Postby Isles487 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:20 pm

Coming.
That would be sick. Which makes one wonder - what's stopping 'em from just making a new one lol? xD
Not to spoil anything, but... nothing ;)

RiZzO_420X

Postby RiZzO_420X » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:36 pm

Coming.
Oh shit, son! :eek:

carloscntv

Postby carloscntv » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:06 am

and I thought my ad blocker was at it again :))

Doesn't Discord allow you to at least put a channel's messages on a website? It was very cool to see who was online at a glance, also, the gif shenanigans and random yt videos made a couple days for me :mrgreen:
Carlos' Outbreak Site
If you're a beginner, or lost, this may help

Isles487

Postby Isles487 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:13 am

When somebody says I should get used to Discord:

RiZzO_420X

Postby RiZzO_420X » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:02 am

When somebody says I should get used to Discord:

lol

Neoplasmic

Postby Neoplasmic » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:11 pm

I wish the shoutbox could come back because of auto login, i dunno what happened but now i cannot log in automatically, it's annoying.

RiZzO_420X

Postby RiZzO_420X » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:13 am

Come to think of it, I don't even see what the point of a new shoutbox is if I'm just gonna get accused of stuff that isn't necessarily true by everyone and get banned when I go to stick up for myself lulz that'd just be ridiculous. Nobody should have to take the abuse. x'D

Rise

Postby Rise » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:05 am

ah hell, that sucks. was wondering where it went.

Isles487

Postby Isles487 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:19 pm

ah hell, that sucks. was wondering where it went.
Not for too long though!

hill73n

Postby hill73n » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:22 pm

Not for too long though!
Great to hear!

Manual login every time using controller and virtual keyboard is a real pain lol.
Having to frequently re-login to view he server status screen is getting extremely annoying too...i presume that is a server issue at the moment?

Thanks for all your great work with the old shoutbox @Isles487. Looking forward to seeing and using the new one when it is up and running 8)

Isles487

Postby Isles487 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:12 pm

Not for too long though!
Great to hear!

Manual login every time using controller and virtual keyboard is a real pain lol.
Having to frequently re-login to view he server status screen is getting extremely annoying too...i presume that is a server issue at the moment?

Thanks for all your great work with the old shoutbox @Isles487. Looking forward to seeing and using the new one when it is up and running 8)
On the first point, completely understood. Are you using a PS2 or the emulator? There is a plugin for PCSX2 that allows you to use your keyboard that's pretty helpful, it might be called Nuvee, can someone chime in? It's been a little while since I used the emulator.

On the second point, we've always had login as a requirement to view the server list, but you might not have noticed it because you previously logged into the forum for the autologin.

I appreciate the thanks, but it's AliTZ that did the work on the shoutbox and is working on the replacement, and we're very grateful!

hill73n

Postby hill73n » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:19 pm

Not for too long though!
Great to hear!

On the first point, completely understood. Are you using a PS2 or the emulator? There is a plugin for PCSX2 that allows you to use your keyboard that's pretty helpful, it might be called Nuvee, can someone chime in? It's been a little while since I used the emulator.

On the second point, we've always had login as a requirement to view the server list, but you might not have noticed it because you previously logged into the forum for the autologin.

I appreciate the thanks, but it's AliTZ that did the work on the shoutbox and is working on the replacement, and we're very grateful!
Thanks for the info.

I play on PCSX2 and i know there is a keyboard plugin for it.

The second point is actually what has been frustrating me most. The issue is it appears i keep timing out from access to obsrv.org so i frequently have to login in again when i refresh the page to see an updated status screen so i can see who is online in a game or a lobby. This never happened prior to the shoutbox being removed...but as you hinted maybe due to the autologin being removed as well. I'm just not tech-savvy enough to know how these things operate ;).

On the third point. Sorry AliTZ...Yes it is you of course that i intended to thank for the old shoutbox and the eagerly awaited new super-duper one :)) .

Finally, i'm grateful to everyone who has contributed to giving the OB community here this emulated server so we can still enjoy this great cooperation-centred game, and also for all the additions that have enhanced the experience even more (i.e. shoutbox, OB Tracker, all the great helpful members etc etc).

So thank you everyone! Work together and keep safe and sane during these challenging times ;).

BiffVonBowflex

Postby BiffVonBowflex » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:12 am

Taken from us too soon.

Return to “News”