We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Capcom requesting testers for another unannounced title via RE Ambassadors.

short notes for those not reading all the forums
RipRavage

Re: Capcom requesting testers for another unannounced title via RE Ambassadors.

Postby RipRavage » Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:00 am

If they're that good, all they have to do is download Unreal or Unity. It's practically drag & drop. No need to use "the" RE Engine. Come on. There's simply nobody interested.
Well its resident evil, they literally smack that title on it and casuals will buy it just for that, but to sit there and expect a company to spend time developing a completely different game for old school fans when they can just shovel more garbage like usual is the part that is wishful thinking.

hill73n

Postby hill73n » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:39 am

If they're that good, all they have to do is download Unreal or Unity. It's practically drag & drop. No need to use "the" RE Engine. Come on. There's simply nobody interested.
Yes, agree with you in principle, but that doesn't mean there won't be somebody interested in future ;). I'm interested but lack the skills to do it myself. The best way to encourage is for more people to show they would like it to happen and to lay out the foundation for it to happen. So identifying as much as possible what the files do and their structure will make a much easier time for someone with the technical skills.

And even so Unreal or Unity will still need to be able to interface with OBSRV.ORG server for online play to work, which may or may not be simple??

In any case i'm just trying to break it all down into it's components, so that IF interested people with the right skills show up, it can be a coordinated effort. Just like happens with the PCSX2 and Dolphin emulator communities ;).

Herbivore

Postby Herbivore » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:50 pm

And even so Unreal or Unity will still need to be able to interface with OBSRV.ORG server for online play to work, which may or may not be simple??
Those engines are both complete packages that allow online multiplayer. It's literally just a few settings to tweak. Then you tell the camera to be in 3rd person, set up the cameras and so on. Why would you actually be able to rewrite whatever RE engine used but could not connect some boxes in Unreal?

https://couchlearn.com/multiplayer-sess ... ne-4-game/
-Vote Joel Clemens for City Council

"What a weird Customer... what are you doing?!" - Will, Bartender / Cook at J's Bar, In memorial

hill73n

Postby hill73n » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:13 pm

Those engines are both complete packages that allow online multiplayer. It's literally just a few settings to tweak. Then you tell the camera to be in 3rd person, set up the cameras and so on. Why would you actually be able to rewrite whatever RE engine used but could not connect some boxes in Unreal?

https://couchlearn.com/multiplayer-sess ... ne-4-game/
Ok. I'll look into this then. Thanks for clarification.

Like i said i'm not that knowledgeable are modern computer technology and what can be done.

I'm probably the oldest fart in this forum ;). Hell, you could still buy a new Commodore 64 computer when i finished high school, and i only used internet the first time in 1999 :)).

Red-Dragon-Cro

Postby Red-Dragon-Cro » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:51 am

They are looking for testers for another run it seems.

Nick314

Postby Nick314 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:00 pm

Dino Crisis Would be Dope.

Loved Dino Crisis 2

Adngel

Postby Adngel » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:05 pm

It may be that Battle Royale style ambiented in RE that was hinted some weeks ago from the leaks.

SpeedZone

Postby SpeedZone » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:07 am

I'm giving a chance to this, hope something great comes up :D

Tenebris Vega

Postby Tenebris Vega » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:30 am

it's probably something related to Resistence, don't get any hopes up don't do that to yourself
ID: 9IPHGW | HN: Tenebris Vega | Character: ALL
Platform: PCSX2 1.7.0 HDD OPL

dukemagus

Postby dukemagus » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:51 pm

Heads up, if you're interested in this program, it's required you connect some sort of social media account and basically asks for complete control of it.
Proof:

So basically, if you want to be a corporate shill with zero of the pay, you get to playtest games for them at the cost of your agency on your twitter/facebook/instagram. I know this may sound dramatic, but there really is no reason for Capcom to be policing your social media if they aren't even going to pay you to playtest games early.
add to that this agilemedia company is listed was blocked by more than one adblock lists and maybe Capcom chose the wrong partner to do this event.

this is really weird...

If anyone will jump in, use a throwaway account or revoke access as soon as the test is over.
"HD technology does not make a game interesting. The quality of gameplay makes games interesting." - Keiji Inafune

Return to “News”