We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Capcom requesting testers for another unannounced title via RE Ambassadors.

short notes for those not reading all the forums
T-King-667

Capcom requesting testers for another unannounced title via RE Ambassadors.

Postby T-King-667 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:18 am

Same deal as before: Capcom has sent an email to RE Ambassadors for playtesting an unannounced title. There's multiple sources confirming this and I'll include links at the bottom. I also got an email from Capcom so there's that.

So my guess is that this is yet again a multiplayer title, you don't need a boat load of testers for a single player title. Testers also needed for driving hype forward and if this is a multiplayer focused title they may try to get as much hype/positive press as they can early on. So my immediate guess is that this is going to be Outbreak related. Not just because I'm a blind biased fanboy but it also makes sense to a degree.

RE 2, 3 and Outbreak are all based in Raccoon city during the same timeline meaning they can share assets (Zombies, vehicles, buildings, the damn city itself and so on) which explains why each title is able to release on pretty much a yearly basis, back to back. I've shared a post before from a guy on gamefaqs who leaked project Resistance back in May (May being like 4 months before it was officially revealed) The game's placeholder name at the time was "The Outbreakers" he then went on and listed off a laundry list of info about it and everything involving the "Multiplayer mode" (Which of course turned out to be project resistance) was 100% accurate but everything single player/co-op related at the top of his post was nowhere to be found. This also explains why two of the P Resistance character's bio's directly link with Outbreak characters. My guess is that they separated the two titles to try and milk multiplayer RE as much as they could. One being Co-op and the other being Co-op PVP they probably felt they're different enough to sell separately

All of this could be wrong and it's actually Dino crisis. (Testers could just be used as a hype tool and not for actual testing) and Rev3 is a possibility, too.

Gamefaqs guy: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/17 ... reddit.com

Sources: https://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-new ... r-testers/

https://ca.ign.com/articles/2019/12/18/ ... unced-game

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/capcom-r ... s.1516132/

Neoplasmic

Re: Capcom requesting testers for another unannounced title via RE Ambassadors.

Postby Neoplasmic » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:58 am

Here's hoping it is Outbreak related.

Toxicfume619

Postby Toxicfume619 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:41 am

Can't do this anymore man, I'm not strong enough for another hypetrain.
I hope it's outbreak related but honestly I take no chances anymore.

T-King-667

Postby T-King-667 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:32 am

Can't do this anymore man, I'm not strong enough for another hypetrain.
I hope it's outbreak related but honestly I take no chances anymore.

What do you mean you can't naiveingly have hype built for any possibility despite being let down for almost 2 decades? You call yourself a fan? I'm kidding of course. But yeah, the more I think about it the more I think it's probably just going to be RE8 as a launch title for next gen (Though that would be huge)

Though I can't see them needing testers for a single player title? That's why initially it feels like it would be either Outbreak or Rev3 or something MP based entirely. But they may just want the "Testers" as a way to build hype and not actually test anything.

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:40 pm

Heads up, if you're interested in this program, it's required you connect some sort of social media account and basically asks for complete control of it.
Proof:

So basically, if you want to be a corporate shill with zero of the pay, you get to playtest games for them at the cost of your agency on your twitter/facebook/instagram. I know this may sound dramatic, but there really is no reason for Capcom to be policing your social media if they aren't even going to pay you to playtest games early.

Neoplasmic

Postby Neoplasmic » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:45 pm

IF the game turns out to be Outbreak eventually, i'm willing to either renew the PS+ plus subscription or upgrade my PC where i already play Outbreak, although the latter seems more likely.

We OB fans have been ignored for more than a decade, i have been buying very few games over the past 8 years as well.

RipRavage

Postby RipRavage » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:51 pm

Does everybody really think Capcom is going to release something Outbreak related with Resident Evil Resistance coming out? I'm pretty doubtful that they are going to being working on multiple multiplayer resident evil games at the same time, especially since they are probably going to use the same bland gameplay style they have been using for the remakes. I'm assuming all the hype over them updating the Outbreak websites or whatever it was is probably related to Resistance being developed, since it seems very similar in concept. Resistance probably started as a soft outbreak remake.

blackcat

Postby blackcat » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:18 am

What I really care about at this point with Capcom releases is quality. I'm Not taking chances with quick cash rushed titles.

Herbivore

Postby Herbivore » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:44 am

"RESIST!!!" now give us all of your private info and full access to all your friends & family. :rolleyes: Joel Clemens would not stand for this.
-Vote Joel Clemens for City Council

"What a weird Customer... what are you doing?!" - Will, Bartender / Cook at J's Bar, In memorial

Herbivore

Postby Herbivore » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:45 am

Heads up, if you're interested in this program, it's required you connect some sort of social media account and basically asks for complete control of it.
Proof:

So basically, if you want to be a corporate shill with zero of the pay, you get to playtest games for them at the cost of your agency on your twitter/facebook/instagram. I know this may sound dramatic, but there really is no reason for Capcom to be policing your social media if they aren't even going to pay you to playtest games early.
Resist! RESIST!!! Am I resisting right or am I doing this backwards?

"What a weird Customer... what are you doing?!" - Will, Bartender / Cook at J's Bar, In memorial

T-King-667

Postby T-King-667 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:11 am

Does everybody really think Capcom is going to release something Outbreak related with Resident Evil Resistance coming out? I'm pretty doubtful that they are going to being working on multiple multiplayer resident evil games at the same time, especially since they are probably going to use the same bland gameplay style they have been using for the remakes. I'm assuming all the hype over them updating the Outbreak websites or whatever it was is probably related to Resistance being developed, since it seems very similar in concept. Resistance probably started as a soft outbreak remake.
You make a fair point but honestly Resistance is a asymmetrical pvp game where you earn magical dollars through killing enemies that the 5th player spawns right in front of you. Using said dollars at a magic box that has limitless amounts of weapons and ammo all with severely limited exploration, 5 min timer and where you can also respawn. Outbreak is a Co-operative survival horror PVE experience where players are encouraged to make the decision to split up to quickly tackle more objectives or to safely stick together on large scale maps.

I don't think it's fair to simply assume that there's no room for Outbreak in late 2020/2021 just because it and a side mode in RE3 both have multiplayer.

But Capcom may look at it the same way that you are and think that it would be dumb to release both in the same timespan because both are multiplayer.

Either way it's probably RE8 which also might be VR so Capcom may want to get testers/hype peeps for that.

RipRavage

Postby RipRavage » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:17 pm

You make a fair point but honestly Resistance is a asymmetrical pvp game where you earn magical dollars through killing enemies that the 5th player spawns right in front of you. Using said dollars at a magic box that has limitless amounts of weapons and ammo all with severely limited exploration, 5 min timer and where you can also respawn. Outbreak is a Co-operative survival horror PVE experience where players are encouraged to make the decision to split up to quickly tackle more objectives or to safely stick together on large scale maps.

I don't think it's fair to simply assume that there's no room for Outbreak in late 2020/2021 just because it and a side mode in RE3 both have multiplayer.

But Capcom may look at it the same way that you are and think that it would be dumb to release both in the same timespan because both are multiplayer.

Either way it's probably RE8 which also might be VR so Capcom may want to get testers/hype peeps for that.
I'm not trying to dash anybody's hopes, I was just trying to think realistically how a large soulless corporation would think about a business strategy. It doesn't really matter if its asymmetrical multiplayer, a company is still going to look at it as their multiplayer title, which they are probably going to want to push a lifespan, community, and market for. It would hurt any base they have in Resistance if they dropped another similar multiplayer game in such a short timespan. Multiplayer titles nowadays are developed to suck micro transactions out of players and have long lifespans because of that, I'm not saying thats what Capcom is going to do, but if they follow the model this is going to be a long term cash grab for them.

Herbivore

Postby Herbivore » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:25 pm

I think both products would be competing for consumers too. Even though they're different. Honestly, it's going to be nearly 20 years soon & still no comparable game. There's just no market for Outbreak.

hill73n

Postby hill73n » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:35 pm

I think both products would be competing for consumers too. Even though they're different. Honestly, it's going to be nearly 20 years soon & still no comparable game. There's just no market for Outbreak.
One solution is to disassemble the games and figure out how to create mods/hacks or even completely new scenarios like has been done for other games. A big ask for sure i know, but there are some people who have explored quite a bit into the data files side of things.

I have started by creating a document that lists all the files on the game DVDs, but help of others will be needed to figure out what most of them actually do. See my post: viewtopic.php?f=39&p=47260#p47260.

Next step is listing all the archive files in the NETBIO00.DAT and NETBIO01.DAT files using AFSExplorer. There is already a list someone did for the xx.NBD files (character models). This will need to be a collaborative effort as my free time is limited and i can't help with programming or understanding programming side of things.

Is it possible to share the plain text documents somewhere on OBSRV.ORG so anyone interested can access and contribute?

Also i ask the moderators here to let me know if this is against OBSRV.ORG policies/rules because technically it could be considered copyright infringement, even no money will be made from it. (A lot of commercial software licences specifically forbid reverse engineering of programs for example, though this hasn't seemed to be a problem for other games that have had many hacks/mods made by fans.) In any case, if anything, it will increase interest in these games and perhaps that is more free publicity for Resident Evil/Biohazard and Capcom...

Herbivore

Postby Herbivore » Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:15 pm

If they're that good, all they have to do is download Unreal or Unity. It's practically drag & drop. No need to use "the" RE Engine. Come on. There's simply nobody interested.

Return to “News”