We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Resident Evil 3 Remake Megathread (Spoilers/Leaks Ahead)

short notes for those not reading all the forums
AliTheZombie13

Re: Resident Evil 3 Remake Megathread (Spoilers/Leaks Ahead)

Postby AliTheZombie13 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:32 pm

Album with a bunch of new screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/xVX2yXT

Andromada

Postby Andromada » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:57 pm

Personally, what has me pretty bummed with this new trailer is that they didn't show any of the monsters (except for the hunter β), so at this point it's pretty much confirmed that the drain deimos, the brain sucker, the hunter γ and the grave digger have all been cut, on top of the giant spiders and the crows that were already cut from RE2make. On top of that, thanks to the screenshots provided by AliTheZombie, I was able to see that they managed to screw up the design of the only monster they kept: the hunter doesn't even have the tumorous growths all over it's head and back, it's just not the same without it, even if they kept the left claw being bigger than the right.

I don't want to spoil anyone's hype though, this is probably going to be an amazing game, it's just that the monsters were one of the things that really made those games scary for me.

Godlis

Postby Godlis » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:31 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXM0VzI2N4U&t=7s

You can hear a sound clip from resident evil outbreak. it's cindy saying "come on"

AliTheZombie13

Postby AliTheZombie13 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:58 pm

You can hear a sound clip from resident evil outbreak. it's cindy saying "come on"
That doesn't sound like neither Cindy voice actresses.

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:14 am

I updated the OP will new images from Capcom's official sites. Seeing Nemesis in motion is nice to see. He doesn't look as pissed and angry as I like him in the original, but overall I'm not disappointed. One interesting tidbit is Nemesis's face is covered while he's in the apartment.

I would add the rest of the screenshots, but I guess those are on their instagram which I cannot view, cuz I don't got one. Also, I'm loving the new shops.

RipRavage

Postby RipRavage » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:38 am

I updated the OP will new images from Capcom's official sites. Seeing Nemesis in motion is nice to see. He doesn't look as pissed and angry as I like him in the original, but overall I'm not disappointed. One interesting tidbit is Nemesis's face is covered while he's in the apartment.

I would add the rest of the screenshots, but I guess those are on their instagram which I cannot view, cuz I don't got one. Also, I'm loving the new shops.
When I first saw this I was very confused as to why Nemesis was wearing a gimp outfit. I think its really goofy that he's not actually wearing a leather jacket, but instead wrapped in some weird plastic bag instead that seems to get progressively blown off.

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:43 am

Playstation blog has more pictures showing the streets and the subway + more Nemesis.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/playstati ... 381855246/

dukemagus

Postby dukemagus » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:53 am

This one will hurt a lot
"HD technology does not make a game interesting. The quality of gameplay makes games interesting." - Keiji Inafune

AliTheZombie13

Postby AliTheZombie13 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:09 am

This one will hurt a lot
If they even have the courage to do that.
Probably a cutscene, because RE2 didn't have any gory death animations, they were all censored.

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:32 am

It's going to be a RE5/RE6 situation where the camera pans in a way that it doesn't show the gore.

leotreves

Postby leotreves » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:29 am

Similar to what we already have in RE2make with Mr X crushing the player's head when grabbed in low health.
HN: Shepard

Useful links:

Getting started? Click here
Get a memcard with everything unlocked (File1 and File2)
Installing the emulated HDD (legacy)

PCSX2 using OPL/HDD
PC: Ryzen 5800X3D/64GB/RX 6800XT
PS2: SCPH 30000 2TB
PS3: CECHE01 1TB SSD

RipRavage

Postby RipRavage » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:54 pm

I have a sneaking suspicion Doomsday's full outfit from Superman might be the inspiration for Nemesis' weird gimp outfit. Doomsday also has the pipes all over him and his costume also gets gradually blown off as the comic progresses.

RipRavage

Postby RipRavage » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:22 pm

This one will hurt a lot
If they even have the courage to do that.
Probably a cutscene, because RE2 didn't have any gory death animations, they were all censored.
You know the thing that is hilarious about this is that if you fired a missile launcher at point blank range at somebody, you are not only going to probably kill yourself in the explosion, but you are also going to set off the other missiles that are inside of launcher most likely causing on top of a larger explosion the shards of the resulting barrel explosion to shred you. They better show nemesis' taking some heavy battle damage from this like they did when Carlos causes his Stinger to explode in the original.

In the original at the the very least Nemesis had a weird modified FIM Stinger that somehow carried multiple rockets even though most of them are single shot launchers. I'm assuming the remakes version will have the multiple rockets too so point blank firing is going to be just as ill advised.

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:20 am

His bindings appear to be another form of limiter coat. Perhaps Nemesis's mutations are more severe and drastic as if you look at other screenshots, Nemesis's muscles begin to bulge out more from torn wrappings.

Neoplasmic

Postby Neoplasmic » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:29 pm

New images from twitt Image

Return to “News”