We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Resident Evil 3 Remake Megathread (Spoilers/Leaks Ahead)

short notes for those not reading all the forums
Silent Hell

Re: Resident Evil 3 Remake Megathread (Spoilers/Leaks Ahead)

Postby Silent Hell » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:58 am

Nemesis still has his brain in RE3, though. How he has it even after losing his head in the acid disposal room, I couldn't tell you. But according to the citationless wiki, it acts as a secondary brain, hijacking the brain stem. They didn't remove his brain. And don't worry, /v/ will change its tune exactly like they did when the game comes out. They consistently shat all over RE2make, but a month after it came out, it turned into Claire posting. I want to see Nemesis in movement before I judge anything.

RipRavage

Postby RipRavage » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:44 am

Nemesis still has his brain in RE3, though. How he has it even after losing his head in the acid disposal room, I couldn't tell you. But according to the citationless wiki, it acts as a secondary brain, hijacking the brain stem. They didn't remove his brain. And don't worry, /v/ will change its tune exactly like they did when the game comes out. They consistently shat all over RE2make, but a month after it came out, it turned into Claire posting. I want to see Nemesis in movement before I judge anything.
I think the wiki says its from the japanese official guidebook conquest of nemesis that the parasite replaces the tyrants brain, but since I cant read japanese I will just have to take their word for it. I always assumed that when you blow or melt Nemesis' head off in the dumping room and after his nasty acid bath the parasite went feral and was acting on pure instinct. If the tentacle are part of the parasite its core could be anywhere in nemesis' body, even though his head staples and missing eye indicates they removed his original brain or at the very least put the parasite in his skull cavity.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, I'm just upset that I will never get to see a Nemesis remake in the classic style like the gamecube remake of Resident Evil. Everybody always goes on the same tired argument that classic resident evil is too hard for casuals, but if thats the case why not make the remake a first person shooter, that style is by far the most popular video game format at this point and all the normals would eat it up. Capcom just has a hard on for the over the shoulder 4 and up style and it is depressing when you are a huge fan of the classic fixed camera style games. You know, they make a bunch of different types of Mario games, but nintendo still does classic side scroller titles for the old school fanbase, and they still sell pretty well. I wish Capcom would use that mentality and give us a fair shake at a modern resident evil game in the style of classic series. Nemesis is my favorite game in the series and I really wish they would give it the respect I think it deserves.

I guess I'm just thankful there is a place like this that I can play a gamestyle I love with other people instead of just running 1- outbreak 2 by myself over and over again.
Last edited by RipRavage on Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

RipRavage

Postby RipRavage » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:53 am

This is supposedly the translation from the official japanese guide on how the parasite works
Then, the parasite "NE-α Type" was developed--- known as Nemesis. When this was transplanted into the spinal cord of a Bio Organic Weapon at a cellular level, it would absorb the internal T-Virus cells and grow, then form a unique brain near the medulla oblongata. At the same time, it erodes the central nervous system and destroys the host's frontal lobe, modifying the neural network to link its own brain with all remaining brain functions. Through this, Nemesis becomes responsible for cerebration in place of the host and completely controls the body as its own.
got it from this website
http://projectumbrella.net/articles/BIO ... YPEPage081

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:18 am

Then, the parasite "NE-α Type" was developed--- known as Nemesis. When this was transplanted into the spinal cord of a Bio Organic Weapon at a cellular level, it would absorb the internal T-Virus cells and grow, then form a unique brain near the medulla oblongata. At the same time, it erodes the central nervous system and destroys the host's frontal lobe, modifying the neural network to link its own brain with all remaining brain functions. Through this, Nemesis becomes responsible for cerebration in place of the host and completely controls the body as its own.
No brain was removed. It simply takes over the previous one. It implies that this process wouldn't even work if Nemesis didn't have a brain. The only reason Nemesis "functions" after losing his head is that his brain stem is still most likely attached which is where the parasite is focused.

I understand the frustrations of feeling in the minority or having an "unpopular opinion". But I was merely stating that RE3 is my favorite Resident Evil as well, but I WANT RE3make to be different, because I don't want the RE3make to replace it, and it won't. The game is being advertised as something new and different, so the most we can do is encourage newer fans to still play the originals, which I've always advocated since REmake.

RipRavage

Postby RipRavage » Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:25 am

I think they were trying to say it destroys all parts of the brain not related to basic motor functions and that the parasite is solely responsible for thinking for the Tyrant. I mean, in the fight his entire head plops off, and he is still staggering around, so I'm assuming the head has minimal importance other than helping with basic motor functions and maybe sight.

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:31 am

It destroys it's CNS so mainly the spinal cord, and the frontal lobe specifically. Either way, the point is no brain was removed. Your medulla oblongata controls your involuntary actions like heartbeat and breathing. It's located in the brain stem, so if his brain fell off it might have a chance at survival. After all, a literal real life chicken survived quite a long time without its head. And Nemesis loses his sight because he's attacking aimlessly at that point in the fight. The parasite is localized mostly in the CNS and brain stem and only overtakes part of the main host brain, the part of the brain associated with critical thinking and problem solving. Again, there is no retcon. Just an addition to the lore.

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:04 am

I found another link to potentially the same guy but from December 6th. The info he mentions is conflicting with the other one's statements, but some elements are the same. This may very well be a fake leak.
https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/487892581/#487904902

RipRavage

Postby RipRavage » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:03 pm

I found another link to potentially the same guy but from December 6th. The info he mentions is conflicting with the other one's statements, but some elements are the same. This may very well be a fake leak.
https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/487892581/#487904902
I don’t know, the fake out intro thing seems a bit far fetched to me, I can’t imagine Capcom putting in that work just to drop a punchline of “You thought this was going to be like 7, but it’s not!”, especially since I assume they will go back to that style one day. I doubt they would go through that just to crap on their own work.

AlphaSky

Postby AlphaSky » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:49 pm

So we got some official details (I'm not even going to bother linking anything else, might as well assume it's fake):
-Nemesis will use an improved version of the AI developed for the Tyrant of Resident Evil 2 Remake.
-Sound will be very important in a city like Raccoon City, you will have to rely on it to anticipate dangers lying in wait around the corner.
-Confirmation that we will visit the streets, the shops, the Stagla petrol station, the Raccoon Press offices, the hospital. Not open world, but far more open then the original title.
-Nemesis was created in real life to be able to be scanned via photogrammetry.
-Mercenaries mode will not return, replaced by Project Resistance.
-The mutant worms are back.
-Carlos will be playable.
-There will not be the action choice mechanism as in the original, which could give different sequences of the game afterwards or an advantage over a danger.
I'm so sad to say it (RE3 was my favorite of the classic trilogy, and also part of my childhood, so it really hurts to say it), but the lack of Mercs and Live Selection has killed a lot of my hype. It's proof the devs are rushing the game, just like they rushed the lack of A/B scenario stuff in RE2make. This game needs more time to bake in the oven, but they're trying to rush it out in April ASAP. They didn't even bother shooting for September 28th. I thought they might've learned with RE2make, but it looks like there's issues are still showing. There's too many red flags:

- Didn't bother to contact Julia Voth for a face scan
- Reinvented Nemesis' look, with no option (AFAIK) to include original look, much to fan controversy, even though it wasn't necessary to reinvent his look at all
- No Mercs/Live Selection
- They decided to have a 4 vs 1 coop mode, instead of appeasing Outbreak fans
- They have the gall to lock Jill's classic look behind a paywall/pre-order bonus (I only pre-ordered RE2make in fear that the original soundtrack wouldn't be available later. Turns out it was, so their lack of mentioning that the costume will be available as paid DLC later reminds me of these nasty sales tactics.) People should be able to use the classic costume for free *and* at the beginning of the game, it shouldn't be an unlockable *or* paywalled.
- They haven't even confirmed yet if the original RE3 soundtrack will be available yet

Now don't get me wrong, I'm certain it's going to be a great game, but it's not the "perfect" RE3 I wanted.
I'll just watch the cutscenes when it comes out, and buy it with a price drop later in the year.
By then, the game should be more polished with less bugs.

I originally got RE2make and gave Capcom a day one sale because I had no idea what to expect and wanted to show support for an RE3make, and RE7 was well done imo. I enjoyed RE2make, but they messed a lot up. Seeing that *these* are their decisions have made me lose faith in these remake developers, and I doubt they'll be able to handle a Code Veronica remake with finesse.

It just really sucks. :|

RipRavage

Postby RipRavage » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:05 pm

I'm disappointed by almost everything about this remake, but its going to be hilarious when the remake code veronica because they are going to have to castrate that game after they neutered nemesis so hard. With their focus on realism over some of the more over the top aspects of the classic series I'm very curious as to how the are going to deal with corny cackling British kids cross dressing and some of the other ridiculous stuff from code veronica.

Herbivore

Postby Herbivore » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:16 am

I'm disappointed by almost everything about this remake, but its going to be hilarious when the remake code veronica because they are going to have to castrate that game after they neutered nemesis so hard. With their focus on realism over some of the more over the top aspects of the classic series I'm very curious as to how the are going to deal with corny cackling British kids cross dressing and some of the other ridiculous stuff from code veronica.
Claire starts offering Brazilian Waxes from home & Alfred sues her for denial of service.
-Vote Joel Clemens for City Council

"What a weird Customer... what are you doing?!" - Will, Bartender / Cook at J's Bar, In memorial

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:01 am

I expected them to have a singular story given what they did for RE2make. The lack of decisions is also disappointing. They could have, at the very least, made subtle decisions like two paths leading to the same outcome changing a minor aspect of the story. Tossing out mercenaries sucks if not only for the fact that they aren't including single player minigames and supplement it with a multiplayer game that will probably die within a couple months unless they support it. RE2make including 4th survivor also kinda sours their reasons for ditching it. Still, can't say I was the biggest fan of the original mercs anyway. Not including Julia Voth seems rather trivial. I think it's pretty obvious with the style and dedication they put into actually creating authentic monsters/people that they are looking for models that are the same age as the intended character. Just because REmake Jill's face was based off of a real person doesn't necessarily mean that it is cemented. They kinda stopped using her face anyway with Revelations and every other character has had different faces/voice actors. People's contracts expire and people use the resources at hand. People also hated Mr. X when he first showed up in screenshots, but then he become a loved meme. Can't say I'm happy about classic costumes being behind a paywall either, but it's still infinitely better than what RE2make deluxe edition did. I already pre purchased the game on Steam, so that makes it a non issue for me, but it's still stingy regardless. Even with these issues, I think RE3make will turn out better than RE2make because it only has a single story. RE2make is hampered by the fact that it has little to no replay value. They ditched A/B scenarios and used the same bosses in all 4 runs of the game and turned out less replayable for it. RE3's replayability came mostly from randomized gunpowder and enemy sets and supplemented replayability through small choices that could affect smaller story cutscenes, but ultimately the ending boiled down to pushing Nemesis off a bridge or falling in yourself. The extensive gunpowder system allowed you to customize your weapon loadout to a massive extent. You could focus on handgun and shotgun round, or try and make enhanced ammo, or grenade rounds, or mix powder directly with grenade rounds, or Magnum rounds. As long as RE3make still allows decent ammo customization and an element of RNG with items and enemies, it'll still be an amazing game for me. Still, I have doubts they'll pull that off. Yet even with all that, I'm confident I can enjoy the remake for what it is, because I never went into it expecting the same game but slightly different. I wanted a different game with the same overall story. That's exactly what I got with RE2make and I was satisfied overall. I consider RE2make an 8.5/10 for me and am still hyped for RE3make. I've been replaying RE3 almost weekly and am up to 10 playthroughs since mid December. It, too, is my favorite classic RE, but I never wanted the RE3make to replace it, which is why I'm happy they are making the effort to make it different.

...Still Capcom, you could have fuckin' kept mercs and not put cosmetics behind a paywall ya cunts. Image

Neoplasmic

Postby Neoplasmic » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:14 pm

So we got some official details (I'm not even going to bother linking anything else, might as well assume it's fake):
-Nemesis will use an improved version of the AI developed for the Tyrant of Resident Evil 2 Remake.
-Sound will be very important in a city like Raccoon City, you will have to rely on it to anticipate dangers lying in wait around the corner.
-Confirmation that we will visit the streets, the shops, the Stagla petrol station, the Raccoon Press offices, the hospital. Not open world, but far more open then the original title.
-Nemesis was created in real life to be able to be scanned via photogrammetry.
-Mercenaries mode will not return, replaced by Project Resistance.
-The mutant worms are back.
-Carlos will be playable.
-There will not be the action choice mechanism as in the original, which could give different sequences of the game afterwards or an advantage over a danger.
I'm so sad to say it (RE3 was my favorite of the classic trilogy, and also part of my childhood, so it really hurts to say it), but the lack of Mercs and Live Selection has killed a lot of my hype. It's proof the devs are rushing the game, just like they rushed the lack of A/B scenario stuff in RE2make. This game needs more time to bake in the oven, but they're trying to rush it out in April ASAP. They didn't even bother shooting for September 28th. I thought they might've learned with RE2make, but it looks like there's issues are still showing. There's too many red flags:

- Didn't bother to contact Julia Voth for a face scan
- Reinvented Nemesis' look, with no option (AFAIK) to include original look, much to fan controversy, even though it wasn't necessary to reinvent his look at all
- No Mercs/Live Selection
- They decided to have a 4 vs 1 coop mode, instead of appeasing Outbreak fans
- They have the gall to lock Jill's classic look behind a paywall/pre-order bonus (I only pre-ordered RE2make in fear that the original soundtrack wouldn't be available later. Turns out it was, so their lack of mentioning that the costume will be available as paid DLC later reminds me of these nasty sales tactics.) People should be able to use the classic costume for free *and* at the beginning of the game, it shouldn't be an unlockable *or* paywalled.
- They haven't even confirmed yet if the original RE3 soundtrack will be available yet

Now don't get me wrong, I'm certain it's going to be a great game, but it's not the "perfect" RE3 I wanted.
I'll just watch the cutscenes when it comes out, and buy it with a price drop later in the year.
By then, the game should be more polished with less bugs.

I originally got RE2make and gave Capcom a day one sale because I had no idea what to expect and wanted to show support for an RE3make, and RE7 was well done imo. I enjoyed RE2make, but they messed a lot up. Seeing that *these* are their decisions have made me lose faith in these remake developers, and I doubt they'll be able to handle a Code Veronica remake with finesse.

It just really sucks. :|
Launch RE2 wasnt that different from 2020 RE2 that it is now.

AliTheZombie13

Postby AliTheZombie13 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:11 am

Meh. I didn't ask for these remakes, because I knew from day one they would disrespect the fuck out of the originals, so nothing surprising. Not even the fact they're replacing Mercenaries for that lame Outbreak knockoff or how there'll be no multiple endings or live decisions. Just try to enjoy this game for what it is, because if RE2 is anything to go by, the last thing we should expect is any respect for the source material.

On the positive side, I'm still hyped for it and I'm just happy this is not another Resident Evil 4. What I really want, if possible, is for them to finally acknowledge Rebecca being alive (something they didn't in RE2, when the original confirmed her survival) and maybe give her an epilogue.

Plus, if RE3 is successful, I hope they remake Zero and Code Veronica, because these two sucked and are actually the ones that deserve to be remade, not the good ones.

AliTheZombie13

Postby AliTheZombie13 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:06 pm

New Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TN3l5BQ5E4

OK, remember that part I said about being hyped for this? That I was just glad it wasn't another RE4? Scratch it, my hype just went down the drain. From the trailer, it looks like they're taking a nose dive into action, giving Nemesis more arsenal, changing the plot of the original from "the entire unit was wiped out, now our only mission is to survive" to "go rescue other civilians."

I damn sure hope I'm wrong, because I pre-ordered this shit hoping it'd be like RE2.
If it turns out it's another RE6, there better be a refund button.

Return to “News”