We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Resident Evil 3 Remake Megathread (Spoilers/Leaks Ahead)

short notes for those not reading all the forums
Silent Hell

Resident Evil 3 Remake Megathread (Spoilers/Leaks Ahead)

Postby Silent Hell » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:20 am

As mentioned in the previous thread, Resident Evil 3 remake was leaked on the Playstation Network early. The game wasn't officially announced until the Playstation Nintendo Direct where it was revealed that Project Resistance, now Resident Evil Resistance would be bundled with RE3make and will release April 3rd of 2020. It appears that development has been outsourced to M-Two Inc. who work as a 2nd party developer to Capcom similarly to how Retro Studios was to Nintendo for Metroid Prime. This is their first developed game so we can only hope for the best, but from what was shown in the two current videos on the announcement, it looks promising.

https://youtu.be/HJWWu8h7xZU

https://youtu.be/U2TGigdVVMg

https://youtu.be/0TN3l5BQ5E4

Key art:

Character Renders:

Screenshots:
New model looking to be Sasha Zotova who confirmed on her Instagram she is indeed the model for Jill Valentine.

Ditto.

New Carlos model.

Jill along with Mikhail and Carlos.

Brad motioning Jill to run.

Jill not reloading a Samurai Edge, but a Glock of sorts.

Jill in the sewers. Notice she is already equipped with the holsters, is considerably dirty (lategame?) and has what appears to be the infinite knife from RE2make. Her handgun also appears to have an extended magazine.

Zombies against a barricade in the streets.

Closeup of zombies against the barricade.

Same streets as before, however this appears to be the area where Brad was motioning to Jill. Also notice Nemesis's capsule toward center right, which may be what causes Brad to panic.

Possibly Jill's apartment where she is connecting the dots to Umbrella's connections. Notice Annette Birkin in the picture and the classic S.T.A.R.S. photo.

Jill in the same street as above. Bar Jack is located across from the hotel. Bar Jack was actually first mentioned in Resident Evil 3 on a memo in the Hospital. The pictured Bar may in fact just be Bar Black Jack where Jill meets Brad originally.

Civilians running in panic. This is the same street from the developer message video. Stagla gas station appears to be a block over and this street even appears to feature a possible deli with FREE DELIVERY. Now where have we seen that before?

Claire meeting with Carlos at the subway station, which appears to substitute the tram station from the original.

Carlos fighting a hunter in the hospital. This hunter appears drastically different from the original Hunter β.

Mikhail pulling Jill down the train isle. Based on the Nemesis trailer, Nemesis may have killed the survivors in the train car and Mikhail may be trying to stop Jill from playing the hero. The way the scene is lit implies there is a fire happening in front of Jill.

Nemesis with his new rocket launcher. His coat also appears damaged.

Nemesis brandishing his tentacle. He's also carrying his new flamethrower.

Carlos and Tyrell at the R.P.D.

Closeup of Nicholai's Shit eating grin.

Wounded Mikhail.

Tyrell looking up information. Based on the blurred text on the top right, this may very well be in the hospital.

Wounded Murphy.

Dario Rosso.

Neoplasmic

Re: Resident Evil 3 Remake Megathread (Spoilers Ahead)

Postby Neoplasmic » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:20 am

Not a Samurai Edge but a Glock 19 Gen 2.

Nice detail about Nemesis drop capsule though.

Isles487

Postby Isles487 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:58 pm

Color pallette for outside is more saturated/brighter than RE2.

Article about M-two: https://www.videogameschronicle.com/new ... -3-studio/. The CEO is Tatsuya Minami, who formerly worked at Capcom.
Minami has a long history with Capcom, having started out as a designer on Street Fighter II Turbo and Super Ghouls and Ghosts, before producing games in the Resident Evil, Mega Man and Devil May Cry series.
VGC understands that M-Two has been in operation for over a year and is comprised of several former Platinum and Capcom employees. An M-Two Inc logo is visible at the end of the Resident Evil 3 trailer.
Some sources indicated that Minami had initially planned to approach his former colleague and Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami to co-found the startup, thus giving the firm its name ‘M-Two’ (Minami / Mikami).

However, it seems the Resident Evil designer decided to remain at Bethesda-owned Tango Gameworks. Minami and Mikami were previously colleagues at both Capcom and PlatinumGames.

leotreves

Postby leotreves » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:01 pm

Jill in the sewers. Notice she is already equipped with the holsters, is considerably dirty (lategame?) and has what appears to be the infinite knife from RE2make.
This is either: the clock tower hallway with the spiders, the small route below the park with the gears and fountain puzzle or the tunnel with that giant worm.
HN: Shepard

Useful links:

Getting started? Click here
Get a memcard with everything unlocked (File1 and File2)
Installing the emulated HDD (legacy)

PCSX2 using OPL/HDD
PC: Ryzen 5800X3D/64GB/RX 6800XT
PS2: SCPH 30000 2TB
PS3: CECHE01 1TB SSD

RiZzO_420X

Postby RiZzO_420X » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:18 am

It will probably be most interesting to see The Hive scenario area from Outbreak hehe. :twisted:
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:19 am

I can only imagine it will now be the size of an actual hospital, or a smaller one.

leotreves

Postby leotreves » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:18 pm

super cool
HN: Shepard

Useful links:

Getting started? Click here
Get a memcard with everything unlocked (File1 and File2)
Installing the emulated HDD (legacy)

PCSX2 using OPL/HDD
PC: Ryzen 5800X3D/64GB/RX 6800XT
PS2: SCPH 30000 2TB
PS3: CECHE01 1TB SSD

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:40 pm

The model for Jill Valentine is apparently Sasha Zotova, a Russian model. https://www.instagram.com/shuzolotova/

RipRavage

Postby RipRavage » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:03 pm

Man, on top of being disappointed that they are remaking another classic game in the style of RE4 I'm just so taken aback at how much they managed to mess up nemesis. Marvel vs Capcom managed to do the only decent nemesis in the style of the original on a modern system I've ever seen, and yet capcom manages to screw up Nemesis with a smushed piggy nose and a freaking pipe in place of his tentacle vains. I don't know why its so hard for them to make something like this, its in the style of the original, but its high detail even if it is much slimmer than the original nemesis.

I really wish they would have just skipped the remake of 3, because now every casual RE fan is going to be using the crap from this remake in references.

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:28 pm

Except RE4 uses tank controls. ;)
My theory is that the metal pipes are actually shielding the parasite, and that we won't see the extra tentacles until his first mutation.

RipRavage

Postby RipRavage » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:40 pm

Except RE4 uses tank controls. ;)
My theory is that the metal pipes are actually shielding the parasite, and that we won't see the extra tentacles until his first mutation.
It looks like its leads down to a heart cover or something, and I dont remember nemesis having an enlarged heart like other tyrants in any of his forms. I think they took way too many artistic liberties with this one. I'm assuming theyre going with some weird bane type thing where it's pumping him with something.

Silent Hell

Re: Resident Evil 3 Remake Megathread (Spoilers/Leaks Ahead)

Postby Silent Hell » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:54 am

So while browsing /v/ a couple of days ago, I noticed someone posting "leaks" about playtesting RE3 about 4 months ago or so. I didn't take much notice of it because I didn't want to spoil myself and I thought it would just be fake. Today I caved and looked back at it and it's rather detailed. It includes very specific details of certain story events, how certain key items are obtained, and even gameplay mechanics. Basically, if it is fake, it could be easily discredited. But if one or two of the more specific leaks actually occur, it's very likely that this might be true.

Obviously I'm not going to discuss this for obvious reasons, but I will leave you an archived link. The leaker spoilered all his text, so it should be easy to find.

http://archive.today/KqraK

RipRavage

Postby RipRavage » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:23 am

So while browsing /v/ a couple of days ago, I noticed someone posting "leaks" about playtesting RE3 about 4 months ago or so. I didn't take much notice of it because I didn't want to spoil myself and I thought it would just be fake. Today I caved and looked back at it and it's rather detailed. It includes very specific details of certain story events, how certain key items are obtained, and even gameplay mechanics. Basically, if it is fake, it could be easily discredited. But if one or two of the more specific leaks actually occur, it's very likely that this might be true.

Obviously I'm not going to discuss this for obvious reasons, but I will leave you an archived link. The leaker spoilered all his text, so it should be easy to find.

http://archive.today/KqraK
The link is dead for me.
EDIT
Never mind, it was my DNS blocking the link for some reason.

RipRavage

Postby RipRavage » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:25 am

I just got to the part you were talking about with the Parasite, and I think that kinda goes against the established lore a bit since I think i remember it being stated that the NE-α Type parasite is supposed to completely replace the Tyrants brain.

After reading through that whole thread I'm glad to see I'm not the only one upset by the piggy nose or the yellow stickers all over nemesis' jacket. What were they thinking with that caution crap.

The only thing that could save this for me is a classic skin for nemesis too, but I doubt they are going to put that effort it.

Return to “News”