Has anyone tried logging into their open source server with an actual PlayStation 2?
I can log in successfully on emu, but I am having no luck on console
On emu I have the DNS1 setup to 192.0.2.1 and edited my .ini file to reflect the server's IP.
I have played a few maps and emu and everything runs smoothly.
Here is my server info incase someone wants to try connecting on console:
Code: Select all
DNS 1 - 192.0.2.1
IP - 18.104.22.168
Hey hobbes. Nice work!
Yes. Logging in via PS2 console on the private servers is possible. I've done it and so have several others. But there is a catch: the console players need to install the OutbreakServer image on a PC connected locally to their router and run just the DNS server part.
So the process is this:
1. Import OutbreakServerGUI.ova into VirtualBox
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... yKYt-T3K94
2. Note down that Local Server's IP. You can find this quickly by hovering the cursor over the blue up/down arrows icon at the top right of the Server window. It will look something like 192.168.0.122
3. Execute in Terminal local-dns-config.sh and change the IPs in there to the Public IPv4 of the server you want to login to, then press Shift+X to exit and Y to save changes
4. Execute in Terminal the restart-dns-server.sh
PS2 Console setup
5. Run Outbreak File 1 or File 2 and go to NETWORK PLAY and select the NET CONNECTION (top) option.
6. Create a new NET CONNECTION setting and put that Local Server IP (from YOUR local server) that you got in step 2. above as the PRIMARY DNS. (You only need to do this once! If you do it for File 1 then just go to NET CONNECTION option again for File 1 or 2 and select that server's setting to login. For any future games just use PREV CONNECTION. But if you want to change to another server then go to NET CONNECTION option again and select the correct server setting for that server.)
Then you should be able to connect same as logging in to obsrv, except you will need to create a new account User ID and Password (use only a-z A-Z 0-9 as other characters are not supported). You will only need to do this once for each game using the right boxes. In future just login with you user ID and password in the left boxes.