Plans to go open source

short notes for those not reading all the forums
hobbes_182

Re: Plans to go open source

Postby hobbes_182 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:54 pm

Can you help me to become available external Internet? Share raspberry pi image

I followed the pdf instructions on my Pi4(rasbian(deb11)). Locally the DNAS validation is passing. From outside world error -626

Generally understood). We write the external address everywhere except dnsmash.conf. I could not get the server on raspberry to work on deb11. I pulled the disk image and burned it to a physical machine and tweaked the settings a bit. I would be glad if someone shares the image for PI).
Hi. Sorry, but i did not set up that Raspberry Pi image. I just used the one that refan988 set up. I just configured the port forwarding (opening ports) as per my internet provider. I am not skilled in networking. I simply made a tutorial of the process that i needed to follow so others could hopefully get this working for them too.

I have heard that in some countries port 53 does not permit access, but it works no problem in my country.

I have 53 open). The problem is that I tried for a long time to get this to work on PI4. It is small and energy efficient. But unfortunately I had to use an old DELL laptop.
In any case, it was an interesting experience.

If anyone needs a RAW image based on the refan988. Write, I'll put it on the cloud.

Port forwarding was a complete pain in the ass for me, but finally got it to work.

I actually bought a raspberry Pi4 to host my Outbreak Server, but from what I read was that the Pi cannot run VM images. I did put it to work as a Plex server so not all was lost. I did end up buying a dedicated mini PC to run Outbreak.

Had it not been for hill73n's tutorial I would have still been daydreaming on hosting a server. :mrgreen:

Just curious, would that raw image run on a Pi?

ARnine

Postby ARnine » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:34 am

Hi. Sorry, but i did not set up that Raspberry Pi image. I just used the one that refan988 set up. I just configured the port forwarding (opening ports) as per my internet provider. I am not skilled in networking. I simply made a tutorial of the process that i needed to follow so others could hopefully get this working for them too.

I have heard that in some countries port 53 does not permit access, but it works no problem in my country.

I have 53 open). The problem is that I tried for a long time to get this to work on PI4. It is small and energy efficient. But unfortunately I had to use an old DELL laptop.
In any case, it was an interesting experience.

If anyone needs a RAW image based on the refan988. Write, I'll put it on the cloud.

Port forwarding was a complete pain in the ass for me, but finally got it to work.

I actually bought a raspberry Pi4 to host my Outbreak Server, but from what I read was that the Pi cannot run VM images. I did put it to work as a Plex server so not all was lost. I did end up buying a dedicated mini PC to run Outbreak.

Had it not been for hill73n's tutorial I would have still been daydreaming on hosting a server. :mrgreen:

Just curious, would that raw image run on a Pi?

Unfortunately no. But it can be deployed to any x86 PC
For PI, you need to assemble manually according to the instructions, but I did not succeed.((

Firewarrior565

Postby Firewarrior565 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:51 pm

Its been awhile since refan988 posted the ova file version. I'm curious does anyone have a version of it with a newer version of Raspberry Pi OS that can still take OS updates? Unfortunately, the certs are very much expired on the current one and I'd love to not worry about it being a security vulnerability. I tried to replicate it from the instructions and didn't have any luck :(

Cr1nale

Postby Cr1nale » Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:05 pm

Quick question I used to have a running server using my service provider by ATT everything was fine and dandy but now I swapped over to comcast and cant seem to join the server locally the odd part is that I can get people to join from outside my network just fine just not internal... does anyone have any advice on that? im running a issue where when im trying to join, the ports time out 443 8690 would it be my clrdev9 config?

under confighosts for login and dnas i have my outward facing ip address
and what happens is that when i go to network game and go through the menus it does not get to the fanmade outbreak splash screen and it says now loading until port 443 then times out this is the log through the pcsx2 debug console

then when i put my local ip address in both the dnas and login within clrdev9 it allows me to join the login but i cannot start a game it then kicks me out to the meeting room but when i see the pcsx2 console it timesout on port tcp 8690

something is super strange but i do have them port forwarded correctly since people from outside network seems to be able to join just not internal can join

edit: apprently comcast supplied hardware does not allow NAT loopback looks like ill need to get a new solution

hill73n

Postby hill73n » Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:59 am

Quick question I used to have a running server using my service provider by ATT everything was fine and dandy but now I swapped over to comcast and cant seem to join the server locally the odd part is that I can get people to join from outside my network just fine just not internal... does anyone have any advice on that? im running a issue where when im trying to join, the ports time out 443 8690 would it be my clrdev9 config?

under confighosts for login and dnas i have my outward facing ip address
and what happens is that when i go to network game and go through the menus it does not get to the fanmade outbreak splash screen and it says now loading until port 443 then times out this is the log through the pcsx2 debug console

then when i put my local ip address in both the dnas and login within clrdev9 it allows me to join the login but i cannot start a game it then kicks me out to the meeting room but when i see the pcsx2 console it timesout on port tcp 8690

something is super strange but i do have them port forwarded correctly since people from outside network seems to be able to join just not internal can join

edit: apprently comcast supplied hardware does not allow NAT loopback looks like ill need to get a new solution
If you have joined the Official OBSRV Discord then search in the #troubleshooting for comments by Master of Unlocking 19 and 20 April 2022. I also mentioned the solution that i used.

Return to “News”