We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY ON USING TURBO/DISABLING THE FRAMELIMITER

short notes for those not reading all the forums
UlviFox

Re: ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY ON USING TURBO/DISABLING THE FRAMELIMITER

Postby UlviFox » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:51 pm

I would like to mention: Those who use the tracker. If you by any point not being able to skip cutscene, nor could anyone else, but the tracker is showing someone is still going from room to room and picking up items, taking damage all the sudden (not the same room of course but elsewhere). It's a sign that they are using Turbo to skip past the cutscene. Always make sure to look at your tracker if the cutscene isn't moving. Unless all 3 other players could move but not you. Which has been happening few times on File#1 s:

Currently inside Mourning Time's backpack while chewing on her Charm :))

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:06 am

I would like to point out that it's not entirely out of the question for someone to skip a cutscene and everyone else not being able to. Back when I was on PS2, I'd be able to skip the cutscene while my friends could not.

leotreves

Postby leotreves » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:34 pm

This tends to happen A LOT on File 1

Herbivore

Postby Herbivore » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:12 pm

This tends to happen A LOT on File 1
If you load into a File 1 portal as a cutscene starts, you won't be able to skip but everyone else will.
-Vote Joel Clemens for City Council

"What a weird Customer... what are you doing?!" - Will, Bartender / Cook at J's Bar, In memorial

Tenebris Vega

Postby Tenebris Vega » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:22 pm

oooooohhhhhh I figured as much, reminds me of AndySussanto he used turbo in the CGIs and charge ahead, but that was 3-4 years ago, we didn't even had CLR DEV9 and EMUs where shunned in the server for the ZS. there's so many methods for faster loading that turbo is an no go, its retarded and the hammer should be dropped for sure.
Last edited by Tenebris Vega on Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ID: 9IPHGW | HN: Tenebris Vega | Character: ALL
Platform: PCSX2 1.7.0 HDD OPL

leotreves

Postby leotreves » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:52 pm

reminds me of AndySussanto he used ti turbo the CGIs and charge ahead
lmao but Andy was sooooooo helpful Image
HN: Shepard

Useful links:

Getting started? Click here
Get a memcard with everything unlocked (File1 and File2)
Installing the emulated HDD (legacy)

PCSX2 using OPL/HDD
PC: Ryzen 5800X3D/64GB/RX 6800XT
PS2: SCPH 30000 2TB
PS3: CECHE01 1TB SSD

Tenebris Vega

Postby Tenebris Vega » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:13 pm

reminds me of AndySussanto he used ti turbo the CGIs and charge ahead
lmao but Andy was sooooooo helpful Image
LMAO :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
ID: 9IPHGW | HN: Tenebris Vega | Character: ALL
Platform: PCSX2 1.7.0 HDD OPL

Koblasco

Postby Koblasco » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:39 pm

I didn't even know this was a thing.
How widespread is it?

Kashimura

Postby Kashimura » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:20 pm

I played with some players that have a very good speed when pass by the door. Is like an instantly teleport. When I open I need to wait the load, but they (I mean the users) at the same time which open them is at the other side. This is turbo/framelimit or any modified ISO?

leotreves

Postby leotreves » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:13 am

I played with some players that have a very good speed when pass by the door. Is like an instantly teleport. When I open I need to wait the load, but they (I mean the users) at the same time which open them is at the other side. This is turbo/framelimit or any modified ISO?
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3848
HN: Shepard

Useful links:

Getting started? Click here
Get a memcard with everything unlocked (File1 and File2)
Installing the emulated HDD (legacy)

PCSX2 using OPL/HDD
PC: Ryzen 5800X3D/64GB/RX 6800XT
PS2: SCPH 30000 2TB
PS3: CECHE01 1TB SSD

Noel Erlando

Postby Noel Erlando » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:16 am

They probably using HDD Loader, if you wanna see a turboing player... you should see they running with you in the same place, If that player running like a ghost rider and so fast like a vampire, they probably turbo it.
"Hey, you know I always keep my promises."

Noel Erlando

Postby Noel Erlando » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:16 am

They probably using HDD Loader, if you wanna see a turboing player... you should see they running with you in the same place, If that player running like a ghost rider and so fast like a vampire, they probably turbo it.

Kashimura

Postby Kashimura » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:26 pm

Yeah, I had seen some guys like that. I do not have joy to play like that. I can not do nothing to get the key items, when playing with "turbores". I can just follow he/she/them and help with some shots.

Noel Erlando

Postby Noel Erlando » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:38 am

Yeah, I had seen some guys like that. I do not have joy to play like that. I can not do nothing to get the key items, when playing with "turbores". I can just follow he/she/them and help with some shots.

Yes me too, it suck when we have a team with "turbores" player without waiting or let other player to do something because it's a Co-Op game not lonelywolf mode.

hill73n

Postby hill73n » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:30 am

Yes me too, it suck when we have a team with "turbores" player without waiting or let other player to do something because it's a Co-Op game not lonelywolf mode.
These players are not using turbo. They are using a faster loading setup which is completely allowed and any one can do using PCSX2 emulator. It is called OPL+HDD (HDL install). It requires you to enable the emulated HDD, install the game discs using HDL (HDD Loader) and NOT the in-game "HDD Install" option. Additionally there is an option in OPL under the individual game settings to enable Video Skip (though i haven't noticed it to increase speed and it does not automatically skip videos - you still need to press the button to manually skip).

Again i repeat this set-up is allowed. If you do not want players with faster loading or HDL to join your room you could specify something like "No Fast loading" or "No HDL install" etc in your room title...

If you are playing on real PS2 console i suggest using a Fat PS2 with internal HDD with games installed using HDL.ELF. You will find you waste less of your playing time on loading screens and door transitions. And it is only slightly slower than the PCSX2 setup i mentioned above.

If you are playing on PS2 console using USB drive your load times will be even x3 longer than playing from DVD, so little wonder that others will appear to already be 2 rooms away from you by the time you have finished loading. I see this all the time and have seen players who take the same time to load as i do (so i know are not turboing, i.e. using F4 on PCSX2) accused aggressively by other players of cheating with turbo use. Server lag will often add to this effect and look like players/enemies are teleporting around.

I agree though that in some places players using fast loading set-ups need to be mindful that enemies may be waiting right next to slow loading players characters because of the delay. Hellfire start is one example of this. A fastload player will already have had time to enter Boiler Room, trigger cutscene and go through the door blocked by the zombie sitting against it before very slow loading players even load into the start room. If i see anyone is still loading up in this room when i come back in then i wait and keep the zombie away from them until they do load in and start moving...

In the end it is better, if you can, to just get a faster loading set-up and avoid having to complain about others making it difficult for you...;).

I have yet to witness personally any verified turbo using player, but that does not mean it doesn't happen...

Return to “News”