We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY ON USING TURBO/DISABLING THE FRAMELIMITER

short notes for those not reading all the forums
Silent Hell

Re: ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY ON USING TURBO/DISABLING THE FRAMELIMITER

Postby Silent Hell » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:15 am

As I mentioned before the administrators and moderators do not pay attention to this but I did not say why, I think that they do not pay much attention to this because of the enormous disparity in loading times that can occur due to differences in hardware, emulator settings and the quality of network access that can make it appear that someone is cheating, but apart from the fact that the positions of the players are not known at the time of the fact; I used to play this on ps2 and many times I was accused of using turbo when I was just going fast, so I think it's better to ignore these things and not give them more importance.
I have responded to the above issue, just because you don't see it, doesn't me we do too. :)

hill73n

Postby hill73n » Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:48 pm

The player admitted to cheating, so he does not use ps2. I do use ps2 and have roughly 2 second loading times. Nice assumptions lol.
Well if the player admitted to cheating then there really is no issue. Avoid playing with them or banlist them. But my apparently wrong assumptions were based on some chat comments i'd seen from one of those players.

Good on you for sticking with original hardware 8) ! My PS2 controllers never lasted long playing OB, so i stick to PCSX2, which lets me use wired PS4 style controllers that are far more robust. Also since i only play difficult mods these days it is a pain to frequently transfer .ISOs to PS2. And i have no means to record or stream from console either.

Herbivore

Postby Herbivore » Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:43 pm

My PS2 controllers never lasted long playing OB
Even when I didn't abuse them (I might have thrown a few at walls or floor when I was young), they'd break down so fast. It was a joke.
-Vote Joel Clemens for City Council

"What a weird Customer... what are you doing?!" - Will, Bartender / Cook at J's Bar, In memorial

Jaqi

Postby Jaqi » Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:17 pm

:ninja:

Return to “News”