We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY ON USING TURBO/DISABLING THE FRAMELIMITER

short notes for those not reading all the forums
leotreves

Re: ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY ON USING TURBO/DISABLING THE FRAMELIMITER

Postby leotreves » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:15 am

Preach.
HN: Shepard

Useful links:

Getting started? Click here
Get a memcard with everything unlocked (File1 and File2)
Installing the emulated HDD (legacy)

PCSX2 using OPL/HDD
PC: Ryzen 5800X3D/64GB/RX 6800XT
PS2: SCPH 30000 2TB
PS3: CECHE01 1TB SSD

Kashimura

Postby Kashimura » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:18 pm

Yeah, I had seen some guys like that. I do not have joy to play like that. I can not do nothing to get the key items, when playing with "turbores". I can just follow he/she/them and help with some shots.

Yes me too, it suck when we have a team with "turbores" player without waiting or let other player to do something because it's a Co-Op game not lonelywolf mode.
These players are not using turbo. They are using a faster loading setup which is completely allowed and any one can do using PCSX2 emulator. It is called OPL+HDD (HDL install). It requires you to enable the emulated HDD, install the game discs using HDL (HDD Loader) and NOT the in-game "HDD Install" option. Additionally there is an option in OPL under the individual game settings to enable Video Skip (though i haven't noticed it to increase speed and it does not automatically skip videos - you still need to press the button to manually skip).

Again i repeat this set-up is allowed. If you do not want players with faster loading or HDL to join your room you could specify something like "No Fast loading" or "No HDL install" etc in your room title...

If you are playing on real PS2 console i suggest using a Fat PS2 with internal HDD with games installed using HDL.ELF. You will find you waste less of your playing time on loading screens and door transitions. And it is only slightly slower than the PCSX2 setup i mentioned above.

If you are playing on PS2 console using USB drive your load times will be even x3 longer than playing from DVD, so little wonder that others will appear to already be 2 rooms away from you by the time you have finished loading. I see this all the time and have seen players who take the same time to load as i do (so i know are not turboing, i.e. using F4 on PCSX2) accused aggressively by other players of cheating with turbo use. Server lag will often add to this effect and look like players/enemies are teleporting around.

I agree though that in some places players using fast loading set-ups need to be mindful that enemies may be waiting right next to slow loading players characters because of the delay. Hellfire start is one example of this. A fastload player will already have had time to enter Boiler Room, trigger cutscene and go through the door blocked by the zombie sitting against it before very slow loading players even load into the start room. If i see anyone is still loading up in this room when i come back in then i wait and keep the zombie away from them until they do load in and start moving...

In the end it is better, if you can, to just get a faster loading set-up and avoid having to complain about others making it difficult for you...;).

I have yet to witness personally any verified turbo using player, but that does not mean it doesn't happen...
I know about this setups, but I not just it. At Wild Things I catch when the zombies are close than me and faster get way. And like instantly teleported far from me and others. And I dcded two times when things like this happen. Well, I will pay more attention and keep my eyes opened.

IgusaTaro

Postby IgusaTaro » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:26 pm

That player is not necessarily using the turbo.
He may be using cheats.
With the turbo, the enemy moves fast for him.
It is possible to change the speed of the person's feet.
The videos are all played offline (single).
https://youtu.be/r9i4VyAARKg
It is possible make a person bigger
https://youtu.be/hqqYzPvUxcE

In that case, the person's stride becomes wider and he can run faster.
Even if the person's body gets bigger, it looks normal to other players.
If he used this cheat, he would jump like a time lag from your point of view.

He rejoices if you get angry.
The more players in the OBSRV, the more rogue players.
Laugh and have fun even if you find a rogue player.
They soon get bored and disappear.

hill73n

Postby hill73n » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:40 pm

That player is not necessarily using the turbo.
He may be using cheats.
With the turbo, the enemy moves fast for him.
It is possible to change the speed of the person's feet.
The videos are all played offline (single).
https://youtu.be/r9i4VyAARKg
It is possible make a person bigger
https://youtu.be/hqqYzPvUxcE

In that case, the person's stride becomes wider and he can run faster.
Even if the person's body gets bigger, it looks normal to other players.
If he used this cheat, he would jump like a time lag from your point of view.

He rejoices if you get angry.
The more players in the OBSRV, the more rogue players.
Laugh and have fun even if you find a rogue player.
They soon get bored and disappear.
Thanks for the explanation. Good to know...and good advice :)).
But i know that this is often not the case and is why i gave a lengthy explanation about fast-loading set-ups ;).

Lambada

Postby Lambada » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:43 am

States_FreezeCurrentSlot = Ctrl-F1
States_DefrostCurrentSlot = Ctrl-F3
States_DefrostCurrentSlotBackup = Ctrl-Shift-F3
States_CycleSlotForward = Ctrl-F2
States_CycleSlotBackward = Ctrl-Shift-F2

Frameskip_Toggle = Ctrl-Shift-F4
Framelimiter_TurboToggle = Ctrl-TAB
Framelimiter_SlomoToggle = Ctrl-Shift-TAB
Framelimiter_MasterToggle = Ctrl-F4

FullscreenToggle = Alt-ENTER

Sys_Suspend = PAUSE

Thanks for the tip!

I should add:
Sys_RecordingToggle = Ctrl-F12

That way I can use Steam to take a screenshot.

GabrielAksnes

Postby GabrielAksnes » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:20 am

e eu que liguei esse troço e nem sabia oq era KKKKKKKKKK mas agr aprendi a tirar :)

gorgonklinge

Postby gorgonklinge » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:52 am

It makes me wonder why that sh*t is actualy an option in the Emulator? I mean, for what logical reason would you need an Option to fast forward the Game? From what i understood so far, thats all the Turbo does.

wictorious

Postby wictorious » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:25 am

It makes me wonder why that sh*t is actualy an option in the Emulator? I mean, for what logical reason would you need an Option to fast forward the Game? From what i understood so far, thats all the Turbo does.
Its useful in games like RPGs where you want to quickly go through dialogue or menus or grind out battles faster than usual. It has its uses, OB just isn't one of them.
HN: Wictoriously || ID: DOCTOR

bobhasshotguns

Postby bobhasshotguns » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:32 pm

Really hope this is fixed, good luck while playing everyone! :D :D
5th anniversary since I made my OBSRV account! :D

Kovu

Postby Kovu » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:38 pm

I have no clue where to report people for this so I'm just going to post here.

I encountered cheaters today who used turbo to speed up the helicopter on EOTR, leaving me stranded.

Usernames were ZombieLaxitive (ID WADP5E) and HawkMoth (ID MORPHO). Helicopter left after only 50 seconds (just enough time for me to barely exit the warehouse with no zombie delay),
This site is home to the world's tiniest avatars.

alexevil

Postby alexevil » Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:41 am

I encountered cheaters today who used turbo to speed up the helicopter on EOTR, leaving me stranded.

Usernames were ZombieLaxitive (ID WADP5E) and HawkMoth (ID MORPHO). Helicopter left after only 50 seconds (just enough time for me to barely exit the warehouse with no zombie delay),
Unfortunately there is not much that can be done about it, admins and moderators don't pay attention to this anymore, I suggest you forget about it and try to avoid cheating players, don't give it more importance than it deserves.

Isles487

Postby Isles487 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:48 am

Unfortunately there is not much that can be done about it, admins and moderators don't pay attention to this anymore, I suggest you forget about it and try to avoid cheating players, don't give it more importance than it deserves.
A ban came down for it. I'd suggest other people not try it.

hill73n

Postby hill73n » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:40 am

As i just mentioned in the other Discord server you posted in:

i think you have misunderstood. I doubt there was cheating in this case. I've seen many a complaint about players trolling, cheating and turboing etc etc when they were actually not. The most laughable accusation is a PS2 user being accused of using turbo, which is of course impossible :rofl: . Get a faster loading method if you are finding such issue happening frequently. You can use the HDL.ELF HDD install method and use OPL.ELF to boot the game. For File 2 there is also a simple way to run a modified version of the executable file (SLPM_656.92) by copying all DVD/ISO contents to a HDD folder. This gives you the fastest loading time possible.

alexevil

Postby alexevil » Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:44 pm

As I mentioned before the administrators and moderators do not pay attention to this but I did not say why, I think that they do not pay much attention to this because of the enormous disparity in loading times that can occur due to differences in hardware, emulator settings and the quality of network access that can make it appear that someone is cheating, but apart from the fact that the positions of the players are not known at the time of the fact; I used to play this on ps2 and many times I was accused of using turbo when I was just going fast, so I think it's better to ignore these things and not give them more importance.

Kovu

Postby Kovu » Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:08 pm

As i just mentioned in the other Discord server you posted in:

i think you have misunderstood. I doubt there was cheating in this case. I've seen many a complaint about players trolling, cheating and turboing etc etc when they were actually not. The most laughable accusation is a PS2 user being accused of using turbo, which is of course impossible :rofl: . Get a faster loading method if you are finding such issue happening frequently. You can use the HDL.ELF HDD install method and use OPL.ELF to boot the game. For File 2 there is also a simple way to run a modified version of the executable file (SLPM_656.92) by copying all DVD/ISO contents to a HDD folder. This gives you the fastest loading time possible.
The player admitted to cheating, so he does not use ps2. I do use ps2 and have roughly 2 second loading times. Nice assumptions lol.
This site is home to the world's tiniest avatars.

Return to “News”