We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Capcom to announce RE game at gamescon 2019

short notes for those not reading all the forums
Godot

Re: Capcom to announce RE game at gamescon 2019

Postby Godot » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:15 am

While I'll wait for some gameplay videos until I pass full judgement on this, I'll say that I'm not very hyped about it.
The Tyrant controlling part made me think that they're going to throw some kind of VR gimmick into the mix.
And if it ends up being a co-op wave survival game... welp, can't say I'm excited for something like that. So much for the main team working on this project...

For now, I'll wait until I see some gameplay. Who knows, maybe I'll end up liking it. Time will tell.

Herbivore

Postby Herbivore » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:16 am

Reminds me of that multiplayer arcade game like House of the Dead except that it had 3rd person camera?
-Vote Joel Clemens for City Council

"What a weird Customer... what are you doing?!" - Will, Bartender / Cook at J's Bar, In memorial

blackcat

Postby blackcat » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:39 am

I mean it could be a potential guilty pleasure lol, but let's hope Capcom is not gonna pull another Operation Raccoon City with this one. Good CGI but the gameplay is wack :~

ifffrt

Postby ifffrt » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:22 pm

I mean it could be a potential guilty pleasure lol, but let's hope Capcom is not gonna pull another Operation Raccoon City with this one. Good CGI but the gameplay is wack :~
My thought exactly.

T-King-667

Postby T-King-667 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:53 pm

But... They didn't even show gameplay? Regardless, they're gonna have a 40 min presentation tomorrow night on it so I guess we might get some actual gameplay then?

Edit: Disregard this entire post. I misread what you said. My bad.

Herbivore

Postby Herbivore » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:25 am

But... They didn't even show gameplay? Regardless, they're gonna have a 40 min presentation tomorrow night on it so I guess we might get some actual gameplay then?

Edit: Disregard this entire post. I misread what you said. My bad.
It could be a fun quick reflexes arcade game. It sure seems better than Last Year which wound up being yet another HalfLife or whatever skin #9898982.

"What a weird Customer... what are you doing?!" - Will, Bartender / Cook at J's Bar, In memorial

StuntmanSnake

Postby StuntmanSnake » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:24 am

Game details via IGN:

Project Resistance is a new Resident Evil spinoff that takes place on the outskirts of Raccoon City. Similar to games like Friday the 13th and Dead by Daylight, the four “survivor” characters are controlled by players who must work together and escape three levels. All while overcoming the zombies and traps placed by a fifth player who’s playing as the Mastermind.

The four-player characters are controlled in the third person, and each one has a unique ability according to their class. Here are the four survivor characters revealed so far:

Valerie – A support character who can heal others.

January – A hacker who can disable security cameras and impede the Mastermind.

Tyrone – A tank that can knock down enemies with a powerful kick.

Samuel - An attacker who can land a barrage of punches on enemies.

The mastermind is not playable in the third person. Instead, the fifth player controls a series of security cameras that overlook the level and can summon traps and zombies in strategic locations. Eventually, the Mastermind can also summon a Mr. X Tyrant and control him. Unlike the Mastermind Mr. X is playable in the third-person.

Mr. X has a variety of moves like punches, grabs, and tackles. However, the Mastermind can only control the Tyrant for a limited amount of time before reverting back to behind the many security cameras.

Project Resistance is running on the RE Engine, the same engine that powered past Resident Evil games like Resident Evil 7 and Resident Evil 2 Remake. The RE Engine was also used for Devil May Cry 5.

During our hands-on preview with Project Resistance, Capcom confirmed that the game is not a full product, but rather “an experiment,” to try out and gauge player interest. It’s unclear what this means for Project Resistance’s eventual release.

Capcom also confirmed that Project Resistance is coming to PS4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam.

New TGS screenshots:

Last edited by StuntmanSnake on Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
ID: MODDER | HN: StuntmanSnake | CHARACTER: RANDOM

AliTheZombie13

Postby AliTheZombie13 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:31 am

Well, we were partially right. The hacker chick who looks like Alyssa is a journalist, the nerd girl with a backpack is also an Umbrella employee whose colleague (prolly Yoko) got amnesia. Maybe these characters aren't the Outbreak cast, but clearly inspired by them.

T-King-667

Postby T-King-667 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:54 am

Just saw a bit of gameplay from a preview on their live stream and damn it looks mediocre. I was expecting/hoping RE2 but with a 5th player that acts as a puppeteer but the animations for both the player characters and zombies just looks bad? I'm not saying any of this in some sort of biased way because I'm upset that we never got an Outbreak. It simply just doesn't look good, the way the zombies fall after being hit is actually laughable. It's easy to see why this is an "experiment" title.

Although since this is an "Experiment" it seems like it would be a mode in a full game though that would also mean the animations in this "full game" would also be terrible. Not looking too good for me so far.

ifffrt

Postby ifffrt » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:08 am

Looks boring. The only thing that interested me was the shout out to Yoko and Alyssa in the character bios in the trailer.

Herbivore

Postby Herbivore » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:38 am

Just saw a bit of gameplay from a preview on their live stream and damn it looks mediocre. I was expecting/hoping RE2 but with a 5th player that acts as a puppeteer but the animations for both the player characters and zombies just looks bad? I'm not saying any of this in some sort of biased way because I'm upset that we never got an Outbreak. It simply just doesn't look good, the way the zombies fall after being hit is actually laughable. It's easy to see why this is an "experiment" title.

Although since this is an "Experiment" it seems like it would be a mode in a full game though that would also mean the animations in this "full game" would also be terrible. Not looking too good for me so far.
Well the trailer was fun & it was free.

T-King-667

Postby T-King-667 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:49 am

For you, maybe. For me however, it depressing and I paid a piece of my soul for it. Pray 4 me.

leotreves

Postby leotreves » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:52 am

omg rippppppppppppppppp
HN: Shepard

Useful links:

Getting started? Click here
Get a memcard with everything unlocked (File1 and File2)
Installing the emulated HDD (legacy)

PCSX2 using OPL/HDD
PC: Ryzen 5800X3D/64GB/RX 6800XT
PS2: SCPH 30000 2TB
PS3: CECHE01 1TB SSD

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:05 am

Of course the black guy's name is Tyrone. lol

Herbivore

Postby Herbivore » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:11 am

For you, maybe. For me however, it depressing and I paid a piece of my soul for it. Pray 4 me.

I believe you can survive.

Return to “News”