We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Capcom to announce RE game at gamescon 2019

short notes for those not reading all the forums
the_fog

Re: Capcom to announce RE game at gamescon 2019

Postby the_fog » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:32 pm

As if I knew it :(

T-King-667

Postby T-King-667 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:41 pm

To be completely fair if anybody can make a 4v1 game that I would actually enjoy, it's Capcom. This seems similar in design to the Canceled "Fable legends" where the puppeteer player will spawn mobs on the team of players as they try to get through the level/area. Only this time at the end the puppeteer will act as the boss.

Seems interesting and will probably be good in its own way. But god damn when I seen one character in the trailer messing with the dials I just cringed.

StuntmanSnake

Postby StuntmanSnake » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:50 pm

I can’t say I’m surprised, but I am fairly interested.

I’ll wait until I see more before passing judgement.
ID: MODDER | HN: StuntmanSnake | CHARACTER: RANDOM

leotreves

Postby leotreves » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:54 pm

It looks like it will either be 4x1 or hallway progression where you kill all enemies in a room and proceeds to the next one until you meet a boss or something.

No scenario mode or any addition to the RE lore whatsoever Image

I really hope I'm wrong and this game turns out to be actually good cuz after RE2 I've been eager to love another RE title that is not a remake.
HN: Shepard

Useful links:

Getting started? Click here
Get a memcard with everything unlocked (File1 and File2)
Installing the emulated HDD (legacy)

PCSX2 using OPL/HDD
PC: Ryzen 5800X3D/64GB/RX 6800XT
PS2: SCPH 30000 2TB
PS3: CECHE01 1TB SSD

John28

Postby John28 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:59 pm

Just meh...

Your circumstances are dire!

ifffrt

Postby ifffrt » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:01 pm

LMFAO.

Mango

Postby Mango » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:30 pm

Someone go to Capcom headquarters and throw a copy of outbreak ... just in case they forgot the idea....?

Red-Dragon-Cro

Postby Red-Dragon-Cro » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:55 pm

Someone go to Capcom headquarters and throw a copy of outbreak ... just in case they forgot the idea....?
More like glue it to their forehead.

Herbivore

Postby Herbivore » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:27 pm

Greg might still show up as Dungeon Master!!! Or does this level of production clash with his boutique philosophy?
-Vote Joel Clemens for City Council

"What a weird Customer... what are you doing?!" - Will, Bartender / Cook at J's Bar, In memorial

Herbivore

Postby Herbivore » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:33 pm

As if I knew it :(
Thanks again for all the hard work & to the new owner. This is still only game I play.
-Vote Joel Clemens for City Council

"What a weird Customer... what are you doing?!" - Will, Bartender / Cook at J's Bar, In memorial

SHUTUPIts7Dust

Postby SHUTUPIts7Dust » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:25 pm

UlviFox

Postby UlviFox » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:14 pm

Just gotta keep in mind, that was only a teaser. It says nothing more than it's a co-op game. Hopefully not a 4vs1. I mean... come on. If Capcom was gonna make this into a L4D or Dead by Daylight. Then they have sunken down really low. They can't seriously make the same mistake as Umbrella Corps. They should have already learned their lesson. So we're gonna have to wait for the gameplay to appear before we say anything else.

As for me, the teaser was okay. It seem to take place around the time of Raccoon City. But some weird guy touching the small switches then wears some gloves that can control the Tyrant? That part felt really unnecessary to add on. There's no wonder why people get mixed feeling about this teaser might be hinting for 4vs1.

The only interesting character that caught my attention, was the girl who wears the yellow hoddie. Slowly made me think of Yoko for some reason. But that's just me :mrgreen:

Currently inside Mourning Time's backpack while chewing on her Charm :))

Rattus

Postby Rattus » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:16 pm

Please please please don't be a 4v1 "dead by daylight" style game, I just want something similar to outbreak please capcom... now to wait for an actual gameplay trailer... :'(

Ada

Postby Ada » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:56 pm

As for me, the teaser was okay. It seem to take place around the time of Raccoon City. But some weird guy touching the small switches then wears some gloves that can control the Tyrant? That part felt really unnecessary to add on. There's no wonder why people get mixed feeling about this teaser might be hinting for 4vs1.
I had the same feeling. Plus, this is quite advanced technology for 1998. They already made that mistake in the re2 remake, one of the many reasons I am not very satisfied with this remake, by the way...
But maybe the game doesn't take place in 1998, or in Raccoon City. We all thought this because of the jacket, but maybe it doesn't mean anything after all.
The only interesting character that caught my attention, was the girl who wears the yellow hoddie. Slowly made me think of Yoko for some reason. But that's just me :mrgreen:
No not just you, some of us thought of Yoko since the leak two weeks ago. She's the most recognizable Outbreak character of the 4.
She's a much better fighter than Yoko though, that kick was not like her at all lol.

Another similarity with a character from Outbreak : Jim likes sneakers. He was wearing a pair of Shaq Attack in Outbreak, and the guy from Project Resistance wears a pair of Jordan 1. Both famous basketball shoes. I think he is the only character in the game wearing shoes that really exists. This guy could have worn any shoes but no, they decided to make him wear basketball shoes, like Jim. This, plus the melee weapon, I think it may be intentional.
Last edited by Ada on Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:03 am

Yeah, I'm not impressed so far with the 4v1 or survival mode gameplay where you just kill progressively harder enemies every round.

Return to “News”