We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Capcom to announce RE game at gamescon 2019

short notes for those not reading all the forums
T-King-667

Capcom to announce RE game at gamescon 2019

Postby T-King-667 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:15 am

From the 20th-25th Gamescon is taking place in Germany. Capcom has sent emails to Japanese and US Ambassadors members about the opportunity to play a new RE title that's in development in September. Meaning that chances are this mystery title will be announced at gamescon and not TGS (two of the test dates is prior to TGS so I can't imagine Capcom risking premature leaks) After surfing Reddit and Youtube like a mindless hooligan the majority of fans drummed it up to be one of these 5.

Resident evil 8
Remake 3
Dino Crisis
Revelations 3
Outbreak remake/file 3

what do you guys think?

RE 8: I highly doubt that they're going to announce this so soon. I'm betting that this will be saved for next gen+Next gen VR (If they went for VR again)

Remake 3: I think it's also too soon to chuck out another main series remake. Only reason I could see them remaking and re-releasing this so soon after RE2 is if they wanted to follow the same release schedule as they did back in 98-99. Only thing is: Sony wanted another playstation RE game before the PS2 launched, that's the only reason why we have the RE3 that we got. Now with Capcom being in their current position where no company (that we know of) is on their back I doubt they would make and release this so soon.

Dino Crisis: While this would be cool, the ambassador program stated that the title is RE related. So I can't see Capcom doing some sort of bait and switch with this. While I know most classic RE fans would love to play a DC remake I don't see Capcom tricking the fanbase.

Revelations 3: This seems more of a possibility because it's multiplayer and needing a boatload of testers makes it seem that the title in question is multiplayer focused. On top of the fact that Rev has a solid track record in terms of fan reception, reviews and sales.

Outbreak Remake/file 3: This seems like it's most likely to be the case and no, I'm not saying that out of fanboy obligation/Bias. I've been burned just as many times as the rest of you over the past 10+ years. Like Rev, this is also a MP focused title which also explains the abundance of testers to give feed back and spread news about the title so why this instead of Rev 3? Players already know what to expect with a Rev 3 but if all they show at Con is a CG trailer for OB then nobody is gonna know what to expect. So the abundance of testers guarentees more coverage and lessens the possibility of a second File 2 sales disaster (Despite it being Capcom's screw up releasing it within weeks of RE4) It's also Outbreak's 15th bday this year if that means absolutely anything (probably not) Capcom Capitalizing on OB being in Raccoon city allows for the title to take assets from Re 2 and lend assets to the inevitable RE3. Also find it strange that both RE7 and RE2 has OB references while no main or spin-off title prior had a single reference. What does that mean? *Wears tinfoil hat* Well, it's been stated that RE2 was in development at the same time as RE7 and if this announcement is indeed OB that would mean that it has also been in development or at least in the planning stages as the other two titles which explains why Re7 suddenly decided to make the OB games officially Canon and RE2 had a huge backstory laid out about Rita (we will probably experience that and what lead to Marvin getting wounded) And let's not forget the Rat sequence in the RE2 announcement trailer being a blatant Outbreak Throwback.

Another thing worth noting is that the majority of upvotes and guesses are OB related (That I've seen on forums/Youtube and I swear I'm not biased) Not that it confirms anything but it's nice to see that there are a lot of people rooting for this.

Or everything I said is nonsense and it's ORC2

Neoplasmic

Re: Capcom to announce RE game at gamescon 2019

Postby Neoplasmic » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:30 am

I'm positive it will be an Outbreak related game, given that Capcom has been hinting in recent games and even put the "OK" in the main website just like they did with RE2.

I don't even care if it has OTS view tbh.

T-King-667

Postby T-King-667 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:26 am

I'm positive it will be an Outbreak related game, given that Capcom has been hinting in recent games and even put the "OK" in the main website just like they did with RE2.

I don't even care if it has OTS view tbh.
I damn well hope so. Though, there's many sites that Capcom owns that has "Ok" in the corner of a blank page for years so it's hard to say.

And honestly I'd love to see a Remake 2 style done with Outbreak, OTS or not. Melee weapons might be tricky to do with an OTS camera but I'm sure current Capcom can pull it off.

RiZzO_420X

Postby RiZzO_420X » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:29 am

It'll be RE8 I bet lol still haven't even touched RE7. As much as I'd like Revelations 3 or File 3 lol it's 2019. Don't exactly see that happening at this point, but that'd be sicc. They'll ruin it tho. :| :((
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

ACJProd

Postby ACJProd » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:09 pm

Maybe this time we will see something about outbreak, I mean, it can be outbreak or revelations 3. But I thinking.. if they remaster both outbreak with online enabled, they will ask for shut down this server? But due to many recent references to otb, in re2 remake and re7, Capcom for sure not forgotten about outbreak. We can only hope
YouTube - ACJ Productions

leotreves

Postby leotreves » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:03 pm

Too soon for a main series I think. RE2 is still brand new, the DLCs came out only a few months ago. It will probably be another shooter spin-off.
HN: Shepard

Useful links:

Getting started? Click here
Get a memcard with everything unlocked (File1 and File2)
Installing the emulated HDD (legacy)

PCSX2 using OPL/HDD
PC: Ryzen 5800X3D/64GB/RX 6800XT
PS2: SCPH 30000 2TB
PS3: CECHE01 1TB SSD

Neoplasmic

Postby Neoplasmic » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:16 pm

Too soon for a main series I think. RE2 is still brand new, the DLCs came out only a few months ago. It will probably be another shooter spin-off.
After the Umbrella Corps fiasco not again, i think. Capcom knows that the general public wants survival horror.

StuntmanSnake

Postby StuntmanSnake » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:10 pm

I’m pretty confident this new RE game will be multiplayer focused in some way. The odds of it being a new Outbreak seem higher than they’ve ever been, but it could very well be a new game entirely.

Guess we’ll find out soon.
ID: MODDER | HN: StuntmanSnake | CHARACTER: RANDOM

T-King-667

Postby T-King-667 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:22 pm

I’m pretty confident this new RE game will be multiplayer focused in some way. The odds of it being a new Outbreak seem higher than they’ve ever been, but it could very well be a new game entirely.

Guess we’ll find out soon.
My unbiased senses tell me that the majority of this is pointing to Outbreak. But my fanboy side (mind you my fanboy side has been through hell and back, and I know for a fact that you've been through it all with me) is telling me that it's somehow going to be something completely different and unrelated. The amount of conflicting emotions I have about this is actually uncomfortable haha.

Remember when Kenji infume (I hope I got that right) Made a video when he was still with Capcom talking about working on a third game to a series that he felt was ahead of its time? We all lost our minds, we knew he was talking about us because he worked on RE games in the past... Then he revealed that he was talking about Megaman legends 3. What a colossal punch to our faces that was and Legends 3 ended up being canned anyway which was salt in the wound if anything especially for that fanbase.

The roller coaster that was the Capcom forums. But thanks for dropping by, it's good seeing you again, man!

T-King-667

Postby T-King-667 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:32 pm

Accidentally quoted myself instead of editing my previous post. Woo.

Adngel

Postby Adngel » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:35 pm

Surelly another single player game of 6-7 hours length,
with a casting of random people whose some of their names casually are like the ones from Resident Evil characters,
few enemies variety,
narrating another separated story or "what if" scenario,
and with the background music as another external DLC.

An awesome game to play a weekend and leave in the shelf.

Nop, my hope and hype for RE future is not on its best moments. :geek: But at least, this trick of the testers may help a bit more to increase the fandom activity, lets see.

leotreves

Postby leotreves » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:03 am

Surelly another single player game of 6-7 hours length,
with a casting of random people whose some of their names casually are like the ones from Resident Evil characters,
few enemies variety,
narrating another separated story or "what if" scenario,
and with the background music as another external DLC.

An awesome game to play a weekend and leave in the shelf.

Nop, my hope and hype for RE future is not on its best moments. :geek: But at least, this trick of the testers may help a bit more to increase the fandom activity, lets see.
lmaooooooo yes
HN: Shepard

Useful links:

Getting started? Click here
Get a memcard with everything unlocked (File1 and File2)
Installing the emulated HDD (legacy)

PCSX2 using OPL/HDD
PC: Ryzen 5800X3D/64GB/RX 6800XT
PS2: SCPH 30000 2TB
PS3: CECHE01 1TB SSD

Isles487

Postby Isles487 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:15 pm

Regarding another Outbreak, or anything like it: would be nice, but we've been down this road of anticipating one for years. When it happens I'll be interested, otherwise I'm inclined to still think it's unlikely.

T-King-667

Postby T-King-667 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:33 pm

Regarding another Outbreak, or anything like it: would be nice, but we've been down this road of anticipating one for years. When it happens I'll be interested, otherwise I'm inclined to still think it's unlikely.
I agree, trust me. I mean I guess there's a chance that this title is Valiant Raid since as far as I know that's a VR Arcade title so it's possible that it may come to PS VR? That's grasping at straws especially where it's already released.

Either way: Apparently the only chance RE anything can be announced at gamescom is tomorrow at the Pre-show event. The entire schedule from the 20th-25th beyond that is all SFV or MH related. Except for the "Game show" sections which takes place at 4 pm everyday from the 20th to the 25th. But if anything that might just be more MH/SFV related stuff. So Capcom's "Mystery new content unveiling" for gamescom Might just be DLC.

Capcom's schedule for gamescom... https://www.vgchartz.com/article/439996 ... -schedule/

But: This RE game has to be unveiled prior to the Japanese test dates to avoid the title getting leaked unless if they postpone the test dates to after TGS or during it. Or they're gonna Yolo it and let the players play it before it's revealed in the hopes that they won't leak it.

Isles487

Postby Isles487 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:21 pm

I agree, trust me. I mean I guess there's a chance that this title is Valiant Raid since as far as I know that's a VR Arcade title so it's possible that it may come to PS VR? That's grasping at straws especially where it's already released.

Either way: Apparently the only chance RE anything can be announced at gamescom is tomorrow at the Pre-show event. The entire schedule from the 20th-25th beyond that is all SFV or MH related. Except for the "Game show" sections which takes place at 4 pm everyday from the 20th to the 25th. But if anything that might just be more MH/SFV related stuff. So Capcom's "Mystery new content unveiling" for gamescom Might just be DLC.

Capcom's schedule for gamescom... https://www.vgchartz.com/article/439996 ... -schedule/

But: This RE game has to be unveiled prior to the Japanese test dates to avoid the title getting leaked unless if they postpone the test dates to after TGS or during it. Or they're gonna Yolo it and let the players play it before it's revealed in the hopes that they won't leak it.
At this point, I would just be so damn ecstatic if Capcom could give us an "HD" remaster version of Outbreak - literally nothing other than fixing load times, removing the "wall of death" when another character is going through a door, and adding a PC version. Some netcode optimizations so that you don't need to be room master to not have crazy zombie and monster warping would be fantastic.

Return to “News”