We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Resident Evil Outbreak Remake?

short notes for those not reading all the forums
jeverly021

Resident Evil Outbreak Remake?

Postby jeverly021 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:01 am

Has anyone else noticed the similarities in the way that www.residenteviloutbreak.com has "OK" on the white page?

Residentevil2.com had this shortly before the site became live. It used to redirect to Capcom... the outbreak url also is registered by Capcom, it's pointing to their nameservers, and it was last updated a few months ago I believe.

Anyone think this game is going to get a reboot?

I've been driving Capcom nuts lately trying to get some answers...

T-King-667

Re: Resident Evil Outbreak Remake?

Postby T-King-667 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:34 am

www.monsterhuntercommunity.com
www.vscapcom.com

These domains are owned by the same guy that owns www.residentevil2.com and www.residenteviloutbreak.com and all 3 has the blank page with "OK"

While I would also like to see a remake, try not to "Drive Capcom nuts" there's a demand and they know that.

What do I think of this? It's hard to say because by the looks of it, it seems like Capcom just holds onto domains at random and it costs like 20$ a year for a domain which is peanuts to Capcom. But... http://www.capcom.com/reof2/main.html Outbreak file 2's official page is attached to Capcom's main site and is still running. So why pay however much a year to keep the original OB site running but go through the effort of tearing it down and slapping "OK" in the corner while keeping file 2's page running?

Not much of it makes sense but try not to hold your breath.

Neoplasmic

Postby Neoplasmic » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:57 am

An Outbreak Remake looks a bit less posible now that RE3 2020 will come out soon and Capcom must be burned of remakes, nevertheless i'm very happy with this server.

Red-Dragon-Cro

Postby Red-Dragon-Cro » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:15 pm

An Outbreak Remake looks a bit less posible now that RE3 2020 will come out soon and Capcom must be burned of remakes, nevertheless i'm very happy with this server.
I'd rather them not try to remake Outbreak and simply do a HD port, Capcom has proven that they have no idea how to make a proper remake with RE2 and RE3.

Neoplasmic

Postby Neoplasmic » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:10 am

I'd rather them not try to remake Outbreak and simply do a HD port, Capcom has proven that they have no idea how to make a proper remake with RE2 and RE3.
Yeah, they are not as good as the Remake of 2002.

Red-Dragon-Cro

Postby Red-Dragon-Cro » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:59 pm

Yeah, they are not as good as the Remake of 2002.
Not by a mile, RE2 was close but not good enough, RE3 is 10x worse.

nestea341

Postby nestea341 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:09 am

Resident Evil Outbreak Remake wouldn't sell well for Capcom. If you look at Resident Evil Resistance, people aren't playing that much at all. They would rather play next installment in the Resident Evil series.

xDrHellx

Postby xDrHellx » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:07 pm

REsistante died because the balancing was (still is) bad, they didn't work on it enough and it got worse with the Nicholai update
On PC they took way too long to fix things, this includes taking care of people cheating or lag switching

A RE Outbreak Remake wouldn't sell well unless they do it right (as in, like the old games or close to to the original Outbreak games), which is something they definitely aren't able to do nowadays

Return to “News”