We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

RESIDENT EVIL 2 REMAKE DEMO

short notes for those not reading all the forums
FlowerTears

RESIDENT EVIL 2 REMAKE DEMO

Postby FlowerTears » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:01 pm

Played the demo on a NZ account I made. Here are impressions based off two runs each about 10-15 minutes:

* Game looks incredible on my base PS4. Runs very smoothly with no dips and looks visually stunning. RE engine is a god

* INCREDIBLY atmospheric. The hallways with no lights on are very tense and creepy and even though you have a flashlight you can’t see that much around you

* Character models look great. Didn’t see a single zombie twice (though some did look similar but in different clothes). Leon and Marvin look very good and the voice acting as we know is top notch.

* Aiming took a little getting used to for me as I kept missing because of the zombies constant movement, but if you keep calm and don’t go too crazy aiming all over it’s great. Basically, if you work with it it’ll work with you.

* One little nitpick is that you have to like double tap to pick up an item which can be annoying as you can easily miss things and leave thinking you picked it up. I almost missed the knife the first time because I thought I took it but I didn’t.

* The little touches in the RPD are so good. I randomly saw a poster on my second run of Marvin being Officer of the month that I totally missed the first time * The gore is VISCERAL. Mutilated bodies, blown off heads, people ripped in half etc. It’s so good.

* The overall package just feels like absolute quality. On their own these things are cool but together in one it just looks and feels incredible. Capcom honestly knocked it out the park here and I’ve only played 30 minutes of it.
In a coat of gold or a coat of red
A lion still has claws
And mine, are long and sharp, my lord
As long and sharp as yours."
And so he spoke, and so he spoke

T-King-667

Re: RESIDENT EVIL 2 REMAKE DEMO

Postby T-King-667 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:49 am

Mind me asking where you seen Marvin's officer of the month poster? Was it in his office?

ifffrt

Re: RESIDENT EVIL 2 REMAKE DEMO

Postby ifffrt » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:51 am

I'm so hyped. Hopefully making multiple Steam accounts will let you play it more than once. Cuz I need this to tie me over until the release day instead of potentially getting spoiled non-stop on Reddit.

Return to “News”