We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Ryamatsu Reporting In

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
Ryamatsu

Ryamatsu Reporting In

Postby Ryamatsu » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:36 pm

Hey all,

Long-time RE fan just like everyone else here. I replay every RE game once a year in a marathon but RE:Outbreak and File #2 I have never really played. So, this is a new and exciting experience for me :)

I'm more excited about this than I was for RE: 5 or 6. (no surprise there though, huh?)

Unfortunately, my PS2 fat died on me so I'm having to play with the Emu along with my wife. She has a 2013 model of iMac and for some reason hers never freezes. However, I have a fairly beefy computer and I have frozen 3 times just last night, very strange.

I'm going to start shopping around for a Japanese PS2 and find a way to burn the english patch to play on the Japanese PS2 (probably going to be slim).

My in-game name is Rya and my wife is Aero. Obviously we're both newbies so if you play with us I apologize in advance if we're terrible.

Thanks again for bringing us this server. This is a day to remember for any true RE fan!

Ryamatsu

Re: Ryamatsu Reporting In

Postby Ryamatsu » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:43 pm

Btw, I love to Play as Yoko so far. I'm a pack rat by nature.

frostlight

Postby frostlight » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:38 pm

Hey, Welcome o/

Enjoy the game, and I don't like Yoko so much, but she's a good pick. ^^

Dchaps

Postby Dchaps » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:29 am

Welcome, just so u know you dont need a japanese ps2 to play, you can use an american one if u can find a way to get around the region lock (swap magic, softmod)

Isles487

Postby Isles487 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:53 am

Welcome, just so u know you dont need a japanese ps2 to play, you can use an american one if u can find a way to get around the region lock (swap magic, softmod)
Good advice. I recommend that you spring for a "fat" PS2 so that you can install an HDD. You'll find the loading times to be unpleasant otherwise.

Ryamatsu

Postby Ryamatsu » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:10 pm

Good advice. I recommend that you spring for a "fat" PS2 so that you can install an HDD. You'll find the loading times to be unpleasant otherwise.
That's what I keep hearing. I'll probably just check local pawn shops for a fatty first before I look online.

BTW, my wife and I finished Outbreak last night without a freeze ^_^. We both turned off *all* hacks and switched audio to DIRECT SOUND and left resolution at 1080p full-screen. It still ran smooth without the hacks thankfully and no freezing or time stretches. The zombies occasionally warp on you but I reckon that's just normal server lag. Hopefully our good luck will continue on the emulator.

Thanks guys, hope to see you around.

Return to “Introduction”