We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

The Comprehensive Outbreak Server FAQ (Updated 12/18/19)

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
Isles487

Re: The Comprehensive Outbreak Server FAQ (Updated 12/27/13)

Postby Isles487 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:34 am

Updated to improve readability.

Isles487

Re: The Comprehensive Outbreak Server FAQ (Updated 1/4/13)

Postby Isles487 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:27 pm

Updated to include information regarding new login system.

Isles487

Re: The Comprehensive Outbreak Server FAQ (Updated 1/5/13)

Postby Isles487 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:03 pm

Updated to include information regarding users that cannot log in.

SolidSnake11

Postby SolidSnake11 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:53 am

Good FAQ :)
You should add also what modem ports you need to open

Mourning Time

Postby Mourning Time » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:41 am

Okay, so people have stated that emulators are not the way to go, so I'll avoid that route. What I am going to do is buy a Japanese copy of File #2, and use what they call swap magic to trick it into thinking it is a USA region disc, much like the below video. This a legit and valid way you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqNwWEW0xcA

Isles487

Postby Isles487 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:48 am

Okay, so people have stated that emulators are not the way to go, so I'll avoid that route. What I am going to do is buy a Japanese copy of File #2, and use what they call swap magic to trick it into thinking it is a USA region disc, much like the below video. This a legit and valid way you guys think?

Some people have complete success with emulators, but generally they are subject to freezing and disconnects much more often than PS2 hardware.

You could also look for other ways to "soft mod" your PS2 in order to play games from other regions.

Mourning Time

Postby Mourning Time » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:55 am

Some people have complete success with emulators, but generally they are subject to freezing and disconnects much more often than PS2 hardware.

You could also look for other ways to "soft mod" your PS2 in order to play games from other regions.
Eh, I don't wanna have to deal with all the issues that could happen... it would annoy me and not to mention the other people playing. I just ordered everything I needed. God I can't wait.

Isles487

Postby Isles487 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:59 am

Eh, I don't wanna have to deal with all the issues that could happen... it would annoy me and not to mention the other people playing. I just ordered everything I needed. God I can't wait.
Sounds great man! You won't regret it. Of course, let us know if you run into any issues, but it should all be fairly straightforward from here on out.

Mourning Time

Postby Mourning Time » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:04 am

Will do! Can't tell you how happy I am to finally get the chance to play this online! Hope I get the chance to play a few with you guys!

StuntmanSnake

Postby StuntmanSnake » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:28 pm

Just a suggestion - why not add a Can I play Outbreak in English? section to the FAQ as to not scare away newcomers that may not know about the English patch? You could add a link to the most up to date version or simply make a mention to PM Silent Hell to obtain it. I've been seeing a lot of people in the comments from the articles covering this say that they wish they could understand Japanese so that they could play.

This might be a good idea to do. 8)
ID: MODDER | HN: StuntmanSnake | CHARACTER: RANDOM

Anomaladox

Postby Anomaladox » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:40 pm

Just a suggestion - why not add a Can I play Outbreak in English? section to the FAQ as to not scare away newcomers that may not know about the English patch? You could add a link to the most up to date version or simply make a mention to PM Silent Hell to obtain it. I've been seeing a lot of people in the comments from the articles covering this say that they wish they could understand Japanese so that they could play.

This might be a good idea to do. 8)
Well they are not really associated in anyway with the English patch, technically they could add Can I play Outbreak in English? but I don't know if that would be the best idea.
US PlayStation®2 - Fat 50000 /N Series - 120GB HDD - Loader: Open PS2 Loader 1.0.0
US PlayStation®2 - Slim 75000 Series - Loader: Open PS2 Loader 1.1.0
JP PSX - DVR/Console DESR-5700 Series - Loader: Open PS2 Loader 1.2.0

HN: Anomaladox
ID: GLITCH

New to the server?
Frequently Asked Questions
Current OBSRV DNS: 208.72.237.31

ImageClick me?

the_fog

Postby the_fog » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:41 pm

The thing is that we do not officially support any patches to the games.

StuntmanSnake

Postby StuntmanSnake » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:53 pm

Ah, I see. Well then, hopefully they'll run into this conversation and learn about their existence.
ID: MODDER | HN: StuntmanSnake | CHARACTER: RANDOM

EmotionalDaisy

Postby EmotionalDaisy » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:24 pm

This is some amazing work :D keep up the awesomeness! ^_^

I learned about and bought outbreak about a year after they officially closed down the servers. It sucked some major butt,I was looking forward to playing it with other people. I mean, cpus are fun..But they're not all that bright.

I can't rly afford to get a Japanese copy/console, so I'll just root for you guys to be able to get Snap servers up eventually. (I'm rly rooting for ya, I am so excited and I can't even play it lol) I realize it might be a while before that happens but you guys at least gave me the hope that ill be able to play it someday. That hopes better than what it was, I had already accepted that I'd never have the chance. (I can't believe capcom doesn't wanna do anymore outbreak anything)

So thank you, again, for all this work and hope you guys continue to exceed my expectations :D

Gothic-as-HeII

Postby Gothic-as-HeII » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:28 am

Thank You! :D

Return to “Introduction”