We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Hello out there

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
SpclAgentHunk

Hello out there

Postby SpclAgentHunk » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:42 pm

Been years since I’ve played Outbreak online! Those pesky HDD players would always boot my DVD-ROM playing butt. My stats from my 3 total hours of playing are still saved on my memory card, what a trip!

Anyway, I am currently trying my darnedest to get Outbreak to play online through my fat or slim ps2. So far I have heard that the game will run through an hdd in my fat ps2 but what about putting the game on usb and playing through my slim? I’m currently waiting for HDLoader and Codebreaker to come in the mail so I can access the usb through the ps2. Now, this is not piracy, right? I’m ripping my own disc into an iso image. Don’t want to be banned!

Thanks for any help!

Tegato

Re: Hello out there

Postby Tegato » Fri May 01, 2020 6:46 am

Welcome aboard! In my opinion, if you're to go the console route, the best is probably running the game through an HDD on a fat ps2. You can put the game on a usb and play it through a slim but the load times will be about as long as if you were to run it from a disc and there's a file limit with FAT32 USBs so I'm not sure OB will fit. Are you purchasing a Free Mcboot Memory card, it's super easy to set up everything using that!
Console Player:
HN: Blubs
Childhood Playstation 2 (SCPH-50000) and Sony HDD (40G) with OPL
PlayStation 3 4X (2 CECHA01 60G Launch, CECHB01 1 TB, CECHE01 1 TB)

SpclAgentHunk

Postby SpclAgentHunk » Fri May 01, 2020 10:35 pm

Welcome aboard! In my opinion, if you're to go the console route, the best is probably running the game through an HDD on a fat ps2. You can put the game on a usb and play it through a slim but the load times will be about as long as if you were to run it from a disc and there's a file limit with FAT32 USBs so I'm not sure OB will fit. Are you purchasing a Free Mcboot Memory card, it's super easy to set up everything using that!
Thanks for the reply! Good to know on the usb route. Im currently waiting for a Free McBoot card to come in the mail. I thought I had set one up years ago but I guess I was only running HD Advance 3.0 or Pelican Codebreaker. Sadly can’t find those discs and the ps2 doesn’t boot like I remember so the memory card must not have Free McBoot.

I recently was recc’d to dl USBUtil and it looks like it’s capable of DNAS patching. Is that what I use to patch my iso before installing on the hdd? Also, can I install with a crossover cable?

Anomaladox

Postby Anomaladox » Mon May 04, 2020 12:27 am

You could install a FHDB Image to your hard drive however I myself have not tested that out before. It should work flawlessly but who knows.
US PlayStation®2 - Fat 50000 /N Series - 120GB HDD - Loader: Open PS2 Loader 1.0.0
US PlayStation®2 - Slim 75000 Series - Loader: Open PS2 Loader 1.1.0
JP PSX - DVR/Console DESR-5700 Series - Loader: Open PS2 Loader 1.2.0

HN: Anomaladox
ID: GLITCH

New to the server?
Frequently Asked Questions
Current OBSRV DNS: 208.72.237.31

ImageClick me?

SpclAgentHunk

Postby SpclAgentHunk » Mon May 04, 2020 2:04 am

You could install a FHDB Image to your hard drive however I myself have not tested that out before. It should work flawlessly but who knows.
I just need to Patch my jap ISO’s to English, do you know how this is done?

Ji29

Postby Ji29 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:41 pm

Hi SpclAgentHunk!

From my understanding a crossover cable directly from PS2 to your PC will work without the need for a router.
I did want to ask a question regarding USBUtil and if you used the DNAS patch?

I am currently switching from Emulator to PS2 Hardware. Got my iso setup on my hard drive and works flawlessly with the network adaptor however I am trying USBUtil to gain speeds transferring from USB than via network as I'd prefer to keep the ISO on my hard drive.

I did see the DNAS patching included but havent tried it yet and not sure if that is suitable with Obsrv.

There are plenty of threads on this forum about applying the translation patch from Silenthell.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=4819

Hope this helps!

Neoplasmic

Postby Neoplasmic » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:33 pm

I patched my ISOs in Resident evil Outbreak translation project website and it works like a charm.

Return to “Introduction”