We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Capcom to announce RE game at gamescon 2019

short notes for those not reading all the forums
AliTheZombie13

Re: Capcom to announce RE game at gamescon 2019

Postby AliTheZombie13 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:13 pm

I'll just say, if this is an Outbreak remake and these are the main characters redesigned, I can only say I'm disappointed. As it seems, only Leon and maybe Ada are allowed faithful depictions of their original incarnations........ and maybe the shorty-shorts zombie.

T-King-667

Postby T-King-667 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:22 pm

This very much could be a 4v1 or one vs all kind of game similar to the recent(ish) friday the 13th, dead by daylight upcoming predator and so on. Also doesn't help that they all look like they're in college. But, as you guys pointed out. As of today the Residenteviloutbreak.com website has been updated. Coincidence? Probably but wow, what a coincidence. Re7 prior to being officially announced was named "Kitchen" So there's that.
How has it been updated? It's been "OK" since forever.
https://web.archive.org/web/20190829090 ... break.com/

I've been keeping tabs on the domain and from this website it tells you exactly when the creator has made any change or any sort of action with the domain and they made a change today, which is just a snapshot... Which is what they've been doing since 2017 when the domain went live initially. But the fact that the site went down and updated on the same day that this thing is teased? May be coincidence.

gorisensei

Postby gorisensei » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:34 pm

I'll just say, if this is an Outbreak remake and these are the main characters redesigned, I can only say I'm disappointed. As it seems, only Leon and maybe Ada are allowed faithful depictions of their original incarnations........ and maybe the shorty-shorts zombie.
I think taking some creative liberties is fine since they are aiming a bit more for realism / relatability etc. Especially if they are not really remaking it but taking the same approach to it as they did with RE2 where they are reimagining it. We don't know more details about the game, but if they kept the same exact characters, it might look weird if there are more new characters added, and constrains them if they decide to add more or change their abilities / professions up a bit so they have new abilities etc. more suited and enjoyable game design wise for the new engine

Mango

Postby Mango » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:54 pm

if you look closely at the leaked thumbnails you can see a young woman with the exact same heairstyle as alyssa ashcroft.. i dont know it could be an outbreak

AlphaSky

Postby AlphaSky » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:50 pm

Oh my gosh, I can't wait to see more.

Here's an alternative take, but the story might be set in modern day, and about an older Alyssa helping young adults survive an outbreak. Keep in mind, if the story is set in 2020, then it would be 22 years since Raccoon City. Some of the cast could very be the children of the Outbreak cast.

I don't know if this theory is true tho, since the "Alyssa" character looks older in the close-up, and younger in the other photo. The "Raccoon" shirt also throws me off, and makes me think it might be a re-imagining.

T-King-667

Postby T-King-667 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:10 pm

Oh my gosh, I can't wait to see more.

Here's an alternative take, but the story might be set in modern day, and about an older Alyssa helping young adults survive an outbreak. Keep in mind, if the story is set in 2020, then it would be 22 years since Raccoon City. Some of the cast could very be the children of the Outbreak cast.

I don't know if this theory is true tho, since the "Alyssa" character looks older in the close-up, and younger in the other photo. The "Raccoon" shirt also throws me off, and makes me think it might be a re-imagining.
Also the lead guy with the shotgun looks fairly old despite wearing what looks to be a Raccoon High school/college shirt. The other two characters may look a lot older close up, as well.

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:40 pm

I stand corrected. This is definitely RE related. But somewhere deep inside, I can't shake this feeling I'm going to be severely disappointed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNooq8OIVGw

Project REsistance could be some stupid military shooter, or it could be a play on viral resistance, in which case, Outbreak may be possible.

Red-Dragon-Cro

Postby Red-Dragon-Cro » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:43 pm

Another thing to make notice of is that 2 of the characters carry melee weapons, a baseball bat and a piece of wood, possibly a 4x2(or whatever people call those wood plank pieces)

Find it unlikely that it would be a 4vs1 mode, as something like that would be more fitting of a minigame when it comes to RE.(like in RE6 with Ustanak, can't remember what the mode was called)

AliTheZombie13

Postby AliTheZombie13 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:51 am

ifffrt

Postby ifffrt » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:45 am

I predict this one will be another RE game that I'll play and kind of like, but then after all is said and done I'll struggle to come up with a single memorable moment when other people ask me "So how was it?"

jochs

Postby jochs » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:13 pm

Two theories:
A) This is an Outbreak spiritual successor.
B) This is Outbreak and these are the redesigns for Yoko, Jim, Kevin & Alyssa.
I think you are right on both points, each character vaguely resembles their OB counterpart.
Both female protagonists also have similar stances to their presumed original Outbreak counterparts in-game.

Isles487

Postby Isles487 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:01 pm

I keep seeing "4v1" speculation, but literally nothing has been confirmed, so I don't know why that keeps being thrown around.

jochs

Postby jochs » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:05 pm

I keep seeing "4v1" speculation, but literally nothing has been confirmed, so I don't know why that keeps being thrown around.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/reside ... ak.137907/

Yeah, I have no idea why people are taking this as substantiated. Actually kind of frustrating.

Isles487

Postby Isles487 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:11 pm

https://www.resetera.com/threads/reside ... ak.137907/

Yeah, I have no idea why people are taking this as substantiated. Actually kind of frustrating.
It seems implausible to me that no one else would be able to report this detail except a moderator on a forum. And of course that's all it takes for a rumor to spread like wildfire.

They might be right, but there's just nothing to back that up right now.

leotreves

Postby leotreves » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:03 pm

Also, 4x1 with survivors having guns? That would be a first :geek:
HN: Shepard

Useful links:

Getting started? Click here
Get a memcard with everything unlocked (File1 and File2)
Installing the emulated HDD (legacy)

PCSX2 using OPL/HDD
PC: Ryzen 5800X3D/64GB/RX 6800XT
PS2: SCPH 30000 2TB
PS3: CECHE01 1TB SSD

Return to “News”