We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

(SPOILERS AHEAD) Resident Evil 2 Remake Megathread

short notes for those not reading all the forums
alinho

Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Megathread

Postby alinho » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:23 pm

This game immediately became trash in my eyes when they announced RE4 style gameplay. I am not a fan of that style at all.
Me too. I'm willing to give this a chance because I think the E3 presentation looked great, and I want to see what they can do with the perspective.
Let's have a trip down memory lane, shall we?
It's almost like nobody had seen this coming...

SENSELESS PESSIMISM
PS2 FAT HDD Player

StuntmanSnake

Postby StuntmanSnake » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:06 pm

Everything I’ve seen so far from RE2 Remake looks absolutely incredible and I still stand by my original statement. People will always have the original game to play if the remake’s camera perspective is really that much of a deal breaker. The consensus between fans both new and old seems to be that they’re hyped despite the camera placement, so it appears Capcom made the right move. Sure, not everyone is pleased by their decision, but that was inevitable no matter what they chose.

I must be a bit of an anomaly since I didn't care at all what type of camera perspective they used. I’d play the hell out of the game regardless. The location of the camera is not the sole reason why I enjoy this series and I’m a fan who’s been playing since its inception.

Besides, the game is coming to PC. I wouldn’t be surprised if people end up modding the game to play with fixed cameras some time down the line. Assuming Capcom doesn’t already have some special way of enabling them like they did with RE5’s Lost in Nightmares DLC, that is.
Last edited by StuntmanSnake on Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ID: MODDER | HN: StuntmanSnake | CHARACTER: RANDOM

alinho

Postby alinho » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:23 am

Besides, the game is coming to PC. I wouldn’t be surprised if people end up modding the game to play with fixed cameras some time down the line. Assuming Capcom doesn’t already have some special way of enabling them like they did with RE5’s Lost in Nightmares DLC, that is.
It's unplayable, they'd either have to reprogram the entire game or change the camera back to OTS while you're aiming.
PS2 FAT HDD Player

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:02 am

I choose to remain optimistic.

StuntmanSnake

Postby StuntmanSnake » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:10 pm

It's unplayable, they'd either have to reprogram the entire game or change the camera back to OTS while you're aiming.
I can see Capcom and/or modders doing the latter. The RE5 DLC fixed cameras were manageable, but it was terribly difficult to aim properly.
ID: MODDER | HN: StuntmanSnake | CHARACTER: RANDOM

Isles487

Postby Isles487 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:25 pm

It's the first RE game I'm looking forward to in years. Believe it or not I was somewhat looking forward to RE6, was constantly checking for reviews, and when I saw it pretty much universally panned, it was a letdown. Same with ORC - that was a pair of disappointments, and pretty close in time to each other too. Bad times.

ifffrt

Postby ifffrt » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:25 am

New Claire gameplay:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=6sJ3kWv94ac

I think Claire looks great in this one.

Hojo

Postby Hojo » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:34 pm

New Claire gameplay:

Looks great in action and that boss fight with Birkin is way more intense than the old RE2 boss fight with him which was I think 6 grenades into him and he dies before getting near you.
Voice acting is a little wooden when she is getting bop'd in the head by Birkin's pipe.
Also hope the whole game doesn't have slow down and walk/talk moments like after the boss fight as it makes the game feel more like its ripping off The Last of Us and not being a classic Resident Evil game.
Bryan Irons looks more crazy and they seem to be doing more with him than just you see him 3 times and he dies which is nice as well.

leotreves

Postby leotreves » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:12 pm

I wanna see THIS remade

Last edited by leotreves on Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HN: Shepard

Useful links:

Getting started? Click here
Get a memcard with everything unlocked (File1 and File2)
Installing the emulated HDD (legacy)

PCSX2 using OPL/HDD
PC: Ryzen 5800X3D/64GB/RX 6800XT
PS2: SCPH 30000 2TB
PS3: CECHE01 1TB SSD

Unibrow mann

Postby Unibrow mann » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:00 pm

New Claire gameplay:

Man Sherry looks like she has seen some SHIT. So it looks like we’ll be getting more than the knife as a defensive item.

Yubari

Postby Yubari » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:00 pm

Since the Resident Evil 2 remake's reveal during E3, it'd probably be fitting to create a single thread to discuss the game, your hopes, your dreams, stupid theories, and complaints about faces.

Here are a couple links to get started:
Official Website
Youtube Page
Twitter
Facebook
Capcom Dev 1 Twitter Account

Footage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8_ovw0QaUM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahu9VmQ6RcY
Resident Evil 2 ... One of the best games in the series in my opinion. I liked this remake!!

alinho

Postby alinho » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:55 am

I love Claire's voice actress, she has as much determination and emotion as the previous one. Which is zero.
*Gets whacked with a hammer twice* "Oh noooo.... what the hell is that?' *Gets whacked again* "It's like... um.... (I forgot my line)... a nightmare... (am I getting paid for this?)"

This is also why I hate in-game dialogue. The characters might as well be dead already, but they'll continue talking as if there's nothing going on, which is a real pain in the ass for a horror game. Specially when you have such wonderfully written dialogue like "What the hell is that? Shit! Asshole! Fuck!" It's like they think the player's dumb and they have to teach us how to feel about the whole thing instead of letting us do it by ourselves.
PS2 FAT HDD Player

leotreves

Postby leotreves » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:07 pm

I love Claire's voice actress, she has as much determination and emotion as the previous one. Which is zero.
*Gets whacked with a hammer twice* "Oh noooo.... what the hell is that?' *Gets whacked again* "It's like... um.... (I forgot my line)... a nightmare... (am I getting paid for this?)"

This is also why I hate in-game dialogue. The characters might as well be dead already, but they'll continue talking as if there's nothing going on, which is a real pain in the ass for a horror game. Specially when you have such wonderfully written dialogue like "What the hell is that? Shit! Asshole! Fuck!" It's like they think the player's dumb and they have to teach us how to feel about the whole thing instead of letting us do it by ourselves.
I have to agree.
HN: Shepard

Useful links:

Getting started? Click here
Get a memcard with everything unlocked (File1 and File2)
Installing the emulated HDD (legacy)

PCSX2 using OPL/HDD
PC: Ryzen 5800X3D/64GB/RX 6800XT
PS2: SCPH 30000 2TB
PS3: CECHE01 1TB SSD

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:22 pm

I like the grenade. :3

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:26 pm

Here is a longer, uncut Claire gameplay. It shows extra footage leading up to the Birkin battle, and footage of the aftermath leading into the underground parking lot scene with Irons. I'm assuming from the Leon gameplay that the area with Birkin is where the statue relief leads to that Rita took.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iD97vdWd_I

Return to “News”