We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Plan B for this server !

short notes for those not reading all the forums
the_fog

Re: Plan B for this server !

Postby the_fog » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:07 pm

I wasn't worried about the server being shutdown. I was worried about the users using a plain vanilla setup.

When Sony closed their DNAS gateways it wasn't possible to bypass the DNAS checks without altering the discs (patching the checks out). That would've locked out most of our japanese playerbase. Luckily, I was possible to emulate DNAS before the gateways finally disappeared.

So, with the server's software, DNAS emulation and PCSX2 it is technically possible to run Outbreak online forever.

Isles487

Postby Isles487 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:43 pm

I wasn't worried about the server being shutdown. I was worried about the users using a plain vanilla setup.

When Sony closed their DNAS gateways it wasn't possible to bypass the DNAS checks without altering the discs (patching the checks out). That would've locked out most of our japanese playerbase. Luckily, I was possible to emulate DNAS before the gateways finally disappeared.

So, with the server's software, DNAS emulation and PCSX2 it is technically possible to run Outbreak online forever.
This. Fog's DNAS breakthrough was just as big as the servers.

Nick314

Postby Nick314 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:34 pm

I would hope that they would release the gameserver source code if capcom did try to shut this site down. So that someone else would host

MartinMilk

Postby MartinMilk » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:55 pm

As i'm the only person who still play it on vanilla setup.. thank you!
System: PS2 NTSC-J Slim | YouTube: Milky-Hazard | PSN: Milky-Hazard | XBLive:Milky Hazard| NNID: MartinMilk

the_fog

Postby the_fog » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:30 pm

As i'm the only person who still play it on vanilla setup.. thank you!
Haha.. no, you aren't the only one 8)

alinho

Postby alinho » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:04 am

But what's gonna happen when the computer standards switch to IPV6?
PS2 FAT HDD Player

Isles487

Postby Isles487 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:53 am

But what's gonna happen when the computer standards switch to IPV6?
I've taken a look into this, and it shouldn't be a huge issue. Dual stack is going to be an option on local networks for a very long time, even after ISPs stop carrying IPv4 packets (which itself will be a very long time away). The IPv4 packets can be encapsulated over IPv6 and relayed between IPv6 hosts using a tool as simple as socat. I've tested it on my home network.

Return to “News”