We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Plan B for this server !

short notes for those not reading all the forums
Isles487

Re: Plan B for this server !

Postby Isles487 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:36 pm

Capcom can request that we shut down the site - but at this point, we've been public and well-known (at least among the RE community) for nearly 4 years. In the event that something happens though, we'll make sure this isn't the end for Outbreak.

Limey

Postby Limey » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:43 am

I'm sure they have contingencies, but I think an aspect of that would be public deniability. The team here are smart guys - have trust, they did support/enable this project being alive after all as the only successful people!

(Typed this as having my morning coffee, some lovely Gajah Mountain Sumatra! <3)
Visit The Yurei Discord, horror fans: https://discord.gg/jkAq6Yk

ss4gogeta0

Postby ss4gogeta0 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:25 am

Capcom can request that we shut down the site - but at this point, we've been public and well-known (at least among the RE community) for nearly 4 years. In the event that something happens though, we'll make sure this isn't the end for Outbreak.
Didnt some capcom employees say we could do whatever we wanted with this game at some point as long as we dont do anything illegal?

I swear it was said on the Capcom forums

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:45 am

Pretty sure Brandon or Brendan or whatever his name is said that. Then again, Capcom is a company, meaning at the end of the day, some dude who moderates and takes part in events at a Capcom forum doesn't really have any power. They can shut us down at any moment, for any reason really. The chances of them taking any actions against us are pretty low, so I'm not worried. They probably think we're a godsend to have taken away so many people begging for a re-release. In fact, the only time they'd probably ever go after us is when they actually go through with another Outbreak game or a port. But again, those chances are even lower.

But yes, at the end of the day, we have a contingency plan.

MrCreamy

Postby MrCreamy » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:50 pm

I personally think the chance of another Outbreak game is quite a lot higher than I would have suspected a year ago. In the relatively near future, even.

Dchaps

Postby Dchaps » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:12 pm

I agree with creamy, I really don't think this place went completely under the radar
I think its safe to assume

- capcom noticed this place
- they see a demand for it
- its probably just a matter of time

Isles487

Postby Isles487 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:16 pm

Nothing I'd love more than a remaster with maybe a few fixes and enhancements if possible:

-Get rid of of the "wall of death" when one character has recently passed through a door and another can't immediately follow
-Native widescreen support
-PC Support
-Near-instantaneous loading times, or pre-loading so that moving between areas can be instant - no loading screen
-All scenarios in one distribution

Let's hope Capcom comes to their senses.

Limey

Postby Limey » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:22 pm

I was unaware this was ever a concern! Their PR department will take priority with respecting fans, especially harmless behaviour to current economic activity, over pointlessly asserting legalities - staff have always done their best to never, ever abuse the intellectual property of Capcom, whether unscrupulous interest with financial gain to attract condemnation or endorsing illegal methods as a technicality for justified action. However, if someone endeavored to profit from the Outbreak brand, they might become *more* vigilant, be it a spiritual successor that tries to leech the image or a server for their inactive IP that's actively profiting, indirectly or directly.
Visit The Yurei Discord, horror fans: https://discord.gg/jkAq6Yk

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:03 pm

I too would love a remaster, but only if they fix their fucking typos and give an ad-lib volume slider instead of trashing ad-libs completely.

ss4gogeta0

Postby ss4gogeta0 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:28 am

Pretty sure Brandon or Brendan or whatever his name is said that. Then again, Capcom is a company, meaning at the end of the day, some dude who moderates and takes part in events at a Capcom forum doesn't really have any power. They can shut us down at any moment, for any reason really. The chances of them taking any actions against us are pretty low, so I'm not worried. They probably think we're a godsend to have taken away so many people begging for a re-release. In fact, the only time they'd probably ever go after us is when they actually go through with another Outbreak game or a port. But again, those chances are even lower.

But yes, at the end of the day, we have a contingency plan.
thanks Drew, forgot Brandon was the guys name. I doubt capcom would really shut this place down, even if a Outbreak remaster were done.

blackcat

Postby blackcat » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:03 pm

My highest concern with an outbreak remaster is having online play, and if online play wasn't included, at least keep the network option functional. Like the original, so fans would play online via OBSRV. A pc port is a must!

xDrHellx

Postby xDrHellx » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:35 pm

My highest concern with an outbreak remaster is having online play, and if online play wasn't included, at least keep the network option functional. Like the original, so fans would play online via OBSRV. A pc port is a must!
I kinda feel the same way about a remaster.
But i think the main problem would be : knowing capcom, online would be separated (as in, PS4 only plays with PS4, PC with PC, and so on), wich i think is not okay for outbreak.

It wouldn't be okay because i doubt outbreak would have many players, also, for a game that mostly focuses on multiplayer (even if it has an offline mode, outbreak IS a multiplayer-game first), it wouldn't feel right to separate the players that way imo.

Also, i think if they remaster the games, they should add DLCs or something similar to it (unlocked File 3 characters, extra scenarios that weren't in the PS2 games, etc).

blackcat

Postby blackcat » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:51 pm

I kinda feel the same way about a remaster.
But i think the main problem would be : knowing capcom, online would be separated (as in, PS4 only plays with PS4, PC with PC, and so on), wich i think is not okay for outbreak.

It wouldn't be okay because i doubt outbreak would have many players, also, for a game that mostly focuses on multiplayer (even if it has an offline mode, outbreak IS a multiplayer-game first), it wouldn't feel right to separate the players that way imo.

Also, i think if they remaster the games, they should add DLCs or something similar to it (unlocked File 3 characters, extra scenarios that weren't in the PS2 games, etc).
I like your thinking, I wouldn't think that having a separated online is a problem tho not in this generation when some games have cross- platform like rocket league. Heck our server is cross- platform lol. I would also encourage capcom to take inspiration from Crash n sane trio DLC wise or as a whole. With the right marketing, Outbreak should be as successful as the remake remaster.

MartinMilk

Postby MartinMilk » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:19 pm

I honestly belive that we eventually will see a remaster for this game. It would suck not to be able to play the original game anymore.. But I'd survive. I don't play this much anymore anyway.
System: PS2 NTSC-J Slim | YouTube: Milky-Hazard | PSN: Milky-Hazard | XBLive:Milky Hazard| NNID: MartinMilk

Leny

Postby Leny » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:58 pm

DNAS is broken, otherwise this server would of shutdown a few years back. I remember the_fog was worried of this server shutting down, because Socom 3 private servers shutdown in 2015 or 2016 due to the DNAS.. I am not sure what cause the shutdown of the DNAS, but it's certain that it will not happen on Outbreak. Good job in delivering the sufficient tools for the production of this server.

Return to “News”