We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

New member / player here.

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
HeroWolfMod

New member / player here.

Postby HeroWolfMod » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:26 pm

Hellol everyone. I'm HeroWolfMod, an italian PS2 player that comes from PS2OnlineGaming. I was keeping in mind the idea to get Resident Evil Outbreak one day, so, to prepare myself, I created an account here.

I got some quick questions tho. You're free to not answer them, but it would help me a lot if you could use some seconds of your time to help me with the equipment. :'(

1) I saw in a page that you can use an HDD. Does something change if I play with a Slim PS2 (without HDD support)?
2) What Resident Evil OutBreak game should I get to play online? File1 or File2?
3) If I'm correct, I have to use the Japanese NTSC versions of the games, right?

Early thank you for answering if you do so.
Hellol, just an italian member here! Just call me RicoStation2, I can't change username here.

Equipment: PlayStation 2 Slim and Fat, [Free McBooted] Memory Card, Open PS2 Launcher

StuntmanSnake

Re: New member / player here.

Postby StuntmanSnake » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:39 pm

1) If you're going to be playing on console, you will want to play using an HDD. If you don't, your load times will be terribly slow. This topic can help you get what you need: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2588

2) I suggest getting both. File 2 is much more active, so if you have to pick just one, I'd go with File 2.

3) Correct.

Welcome to the forum.
ID: MODDER | HN: StuntmanSnake | CHARACTER: RANDOM

alexevil

Postby alexevil » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:51 pm

1) I saw in a page that you can use an HDD. Does something change if I play with a Slim PS2 (without HDD support)?
I think the thin ps2 method is acceptable as long as you run the game from the floppy drive do not even think of using the usb method; it's awful. Using the disk method you will feel left behind and by usb .... :exclaim:
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And the universe I'm not sure

HeroWolfMod

Postby HeroWolfMod » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:32 pm

1) If you're going to be playing on console, you will want to play using an HDD. If you don't, your load times will be terribly slow. This topic can help you get what you need: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2588

2) I suggest getting both. File 2 is much more active, so if you have to pick just one, I'd go with File 2.

3) Correct.

Welcome to the forum.

Allright, got it! Thank you, Snake.
Hellol, just an italian member here! Just call me RicoStation2, I can't change username here.

Equipment: PlayStation 2 Slim and Fat, [Free McBooted] Memory Card, Open PS2 Launcher

HeroWolfMod

Postby HeroWolfMod » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:40 pm

I think the thin ps2 method is acceptable as long as you run the game from the floppy drive do not even think of using the usb method; it's awful. Using the disk method you will feel left behind and by usb .... :exclaim:
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And the universe I'm not sure

Don't worry, I wasn't planning on trying to play REOB in a USB Flash Drive. Already felt the pain of long loadings of MK Deception in a USB Flash Drive thanks to a group of players that refuse to play it on disc.
Anyway, yes, I'll probably get quick loadings with the HDD, but how's the average time using a disc, without installing the game files in the HDD?

alexevil

Postby alexevil » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:29 pm

Don't worry, I wasn't planning on trying to play REOB in a USB Flash Drive. Already felt the pain of long loadings of MK Deception in a USB Flash Drive thanks to a group of players that refuse to play it on disc.
Anyway, yes, I'll probably get quick loadings with the HDD, but how's the average time using a disc, without installing the game files in the HDD?
In my experience and as a user of ps2 these have been the results in the loading times of my console.
HDD IDE interface: 3 to 5 heartbeats each time I cross a gate (these times may vary slightly depending on whether it is IDE, SATA or SSD).
Optical disc: from 7 to 9 heartbeats.
USB: no less than 12 beats heart or infinity and beyond.

HeroWolfMod

Postby HeroWolfMod » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:50 pm

In my experience and as a user of ps2 these have been the results in the loading times of my console.
HDD IDE interface: 3 to 5 heartbeats each time I cross a gate (these times may vary slightly depending on whether it is IDE, SATA or SSD).
Optical disc: from 7 to 9 heartbeats.
USB: no less than 12 beats heart or infinity and beyond.

Saw a gameplay video. The beats are kinda short, I could take 2 extra beats. But I'll try to get the HDD one anyway.

rantor60

Postby rantor60 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:50 pm

Welcome to the forum :D

HeroWolfMod

Postby HeroWolfMod » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:11 am

Welcome to the forum :D
Thank you!

HeroWolfMod

Postby HeroWolfMod » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:00 am

Hellol everyone. I'm HeroWolfMod, an italian PS2 player that comes from PS2OnlineGaming. I was keeping in mind the idea to get Resident Evil Outbreak one day, so, to prepare myself, I created an account here.
Hi HeroWolfMod, welcome!

Thanks!

Return to “Introduction”