We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Hi~! I'm new.

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
o^_^o

Hi~! I'm new.

Postby o^_^o » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:14 pm

:D I decided today I would try to get this set up for online. I will do this for my laptop too, so me and my sister can play this together but that doesn't mean other players won't be able to play with us (If this works for me). Eitherway, I will probably play this alone too since I live alone. Anywho, I figured to say something now. Since I'm new and hopefully make a few friends here to play with. :-P Say hi, if you see me online. I'm not sure what my ID will be but I'll let u know later on. See ya!

Last edited by o^_^o on Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

o^_^o

Re: Hi~! I'm new.

Postby o^_^o » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:18 pm

Oh and btw, I'll be using an Emulator. I can run it without any lagg. But i'm unsure about my laptop but its good good specs too. So i'm not worried too much. Uh, I also won't bother to play in very hard mode since I know that's a rule you all seem to impose and will most likely start my own games mostly. Again, this saying. The online server and my set up works for this. I'm sure it will. Okay, enough talk from me. See ya again. :)

Last edited by o^_^o on Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leotreves

Postby leotreves » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:13 pm

Hello, welcome! Always nice seeing a new friendly face.
Make sure you check the Playing with emulator section for any setup help you might need.
As for the games itself, I wouldn't bother playing on VH with someone new. You will learn your stuff eventually. Hit me up if you wanna play ;)
HN: Shepard

Useful links:

Getting started? Click here
Get a memcard with everything unlocked (File1 and File2)
Installing the emulated HDD (legacy)

PCSX2 using OPL/HDD
PC: Ryzen 5800X3D/64GB/RX 6800XT
PS2: SCPH 30000 2TB
PS3: CECHE01 1TB SSD

o^_^o

Postby o^_^o » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:35 pm

Realizing it'd be meta for me to make another account (for this website). I'll have my sister make her own forum username and such so it's not meta or alting.. Eitherway, thanks for the shoutout and I hope to see everyone online soon. Working on the installation now. & thanks for the info. :D

Last edited by o^_^o on Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

o^_^o

Postby o^_^o » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:17 pm

:| I've got some good news and some bad news. First the good news. My pc plays this game flawlessly without any real speed issues. I was able to get online and play the game without any real lagg either. Overall it's been great.

Now the bad news. I tried it out on my laptop and it plays the game but is about 50% slowly than on my pc which plays the game at 100% speed whereas my laptop averages about 45% speed.

So I guess, no problems really just I can't play with my sister. Which is fine. I suppose we could take turns playing online but now I will have to find other ppl to play with. So I guess whenever anyone is around. Msg me and I'll help you. I'm usually a Yoko or Alyssa player. ;)

Last edited by o^_^o on Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

o^_^o

Postby o^_^o » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:19 pm

:idea: Oh! One last thing. ID is TOFU87 and I got both Outbreak 1 & 2 for play online. So I hope that helps. See you later.

darkzero2835

Postby darkzero2835 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:27 pm

bienvenido al chat y al juego esperamos nuevos resultados con el paso del tiempo y invitarlo a jugar a full MISSION very hard nigthmare puede contactar conmigo que siempre estoy en linea =) saludos amigo nos vemos en el juego atte: DARKZERO2835

leotreves

Postby leotreves » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:48 pm

Now the bad news. I tried it out on my laptop and it plays the game but is about 50% slowly than on my pc which plays the game at 100% speed whereas my laptop averages about 45% speed.
I'm pretty sure you can follow the image below and get 100% performance at 30FPS with frameskipping.
fpsskip.jpg
fpsskip.jpg (155.26 KiB) Viewed 12698 times
If it doesn't work, adjust the fields Frames to Draw and Frames to Skip until you can get the game to be playable.
HN: Shepard

Useful links:

Getting started? Click here
Get a memcard with everything unlocked (File1 and File2)
Installing the emulated HDD (legacy)

PCSX2 using OPL/HDD
PC: Ryzen 5800X3D/64GB/RX 6800XT
PS2: SCPH 30000 2TB
PS3: CECHE01 1TB SSD

o^_^o

Postby o^_^o » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:10 am

Thank you soo much! I will try this. :D

ultima132

Postby ultima132 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:54 am

Welcome to OBSRV <3

If you see me online, don't hesitate to ask me to play <3

nextjen1996

Postby nextjen1996 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:07 am

Hello, I'm new too, hoping u can get ur problem fixed and we can play together soon :D :D

o^_^o

Postby o^_^o » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:16 am

I'm pretty sure you can follow the image below and get 100% performance at 30FPS with frameskipping.
fpsskip.jpg
If it doesn't work, adjust the fields Frames to Draw and Frames to Skip until you can get the game to be playable.
I didn't realize that having the presettings enabled will grey out all the options until I googled it. Sorry for any false alarm. I did edit this post with that question in mind. I will see about fixing this situation. Thanks again for all the help. you people are so wonderful. 8)

Return to “Introduction”