We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Resident Evil 7 / Biohazard 7

short notes for those not reading all the forums
Meio

Resident Evil 7 / Biohazard 7

Postby Meio » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:35 pm

I have made video footage of the teaser demo. If anyone curious watching it, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7ax85f_XD8

RE/Bio changed gameplay once more, seems it will be first-person horror (no, not action horror). This may be the very first RE/Bio game that wont have any serious action gameplay and scenes like the previous titles. Of course we do not know how the final game will be look like. My opinions about this game so far is... I like the graphics and atmosphere. Graphics is stunning and greatly improved, looking lot better than RE6 and Revelations 2. Game is running on 1080p60fps (no pixel and frame rate fluctations), although the video is in 30 fps. I recorded the gameplay with the PS4's record device, unfortunately it is not have 60 fps record. The atmosphere is creepy and very horroristic (at least to me). About gameplay, i cannot judge it yet. Im sure it will be lot different in the final version. First-person camera is big change. Im not against the idea of this camera angle, and i think it is fitting to this new "style". Last thoughts. As always im not disappointed, more like i cannot wait the full version. Otherwise i hope there will be co-op play. Would not mind if the story will not be playable in coop, but something else that is multi play would be really nice. After RE5 and RE6, no co-op would be a major loss in my opinion.

I have done my part, it is time to you to share your thoughts. :D

alinho

Re: Resident Evil 7 / Biohazard 7

Postby alinho » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:50 pm

They said in their Twitch the demo and trailer won't reflect what's RE7 gonna be.
PS2 FAT HDD Player

legendaryk

Postby legendaryk » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:18 pm

Outbreak REmake still isnt happening.

Meio

Postby Meio » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:28 pm

They said in their Twitch the demo and trailer won't reflect what's RE7 gonna be.
Well the gameplay wont be changed, it will remain like this for sure. Only changes probably from demo will be is the combat, weapons and linear story, not expect anything much else.

Blake

Postby Blake » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:09 am

I only got 2 different endings in the demo.
IGN/HN: Blake
Favorite Scenarios: DD, EOTR, UB
Most Used Characters: Kevin, Cindy, David and Yoko (In that order).
PS2 or Emu? Both

darkreaver

Postby darkreaver » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:11 am

so far i hate this new re7 change..this game is changing to outlast / silent hill pt vibe..yes the developer went b to its horror root..but this is not the root that i <3 from the first game or outbreak perhaps..its not the horror that i like..i want the critical situation where u feel hopeless fighting zombies / bow or surrounded by it..why not going for 3rd person view..every single Re game i attach to the character..now i dunno what to say..n lastly why the eff theres ghost in a fuking resident evil game T^T ggwp

Meio

Postby Meio » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:30 pm

Wanted to tell before. What i always see is people complaining about. It is getting old. They even complaining for their own requested game. People must be naive to think there is perfect game. Nothing can be perfect. Just like at RE3, people wanted change for gameplay and style, because they got bored of classic gameplay. And what happened? RE4 had indeed change and people complained about it lately. I do not want sound very meanie, but not Capcom is the one who behind of falling apart RE, but those people or fans. They requesting something then complaining afterwards. This starts over and over. Capcom never listens? They always listen. People should learn to accept their requested gifts than declining. Well, they cannot. They should make their own gifts for themselves in that case. No offense.

Not wanted to hurt anyone with this. I just wanted to tell the true reason why RE is changing.

AssassinMan23

Postby AssassinMan23 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:05 pm

I never got bored with the classic gameplay. Thats the reason I play here. OB is old as shit at this point, but I keep coming back because the gameplay is amazing. I go back to RE2 and RE3 every now and again for the same reason. RE4 was fun, I enjoyed it a lot. As a matter of fact I go back and play through it now and again just like 2 and 3. I just want a game thats more horror oriented.

I think I might be one of the few who actually thinks RE7 might not be that bad. I saw the teaser and intend to play it myself at some point soon. That teaser could be wrongfully interpreted by fans. The WHOLE game may NOT be like that. Maybe there are 3rd person combat sequences or there might be an option to toggle between 1st and 3rd person POVs and options to have both over the shoulder and fixed camera angles. You never know.

My hopes arent extremely high for RE7 to turn out to be a great game but after what I saw, I think I would be willing to give it a shot.
Mark main and Bob's Champion of the Multiverse

MrCreamy

Postby MrCreamy » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:27 pm

It's highly likely at this point in time that the full game will be in 1st person. It was stated that the change was necessary in accomodating VR. Regardless, there are already a handful of indications that firearms will be featured. The fact that the development team went out of their way to suggest combat in an otherwise entirely "atmospheric" teaser is a great sign for the final product. This is much more of a "step in the right direction" than the Revelations games ever were, in my humble opinion.

darkreaver

Postby darkreaver » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:36 pm

then the developer listen to the worst fanbase i think..lel
im a fan but not a blind fanboy..im sorry..but this game looks terrible n not suit my taste
*my opinion though

Unibrow mann

Postby Unibrow mann » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:15 pm

I honestly enjoyed the teaser. I liked that it had a slow build up and it was tense. It actually made me a tad nervous to see what could possible be around the corner. That's something I haven't felt with an RE title for quite a while.

Meio

Postby Meio » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:27 pm

It's highly likely at this point in time that the full game will be in 1st person. It was stated that the change was necessary in accomodating VR. Regardless, there are already a handful of indications that firearms will be featured. The fact that the development team went out of their way to suggest combat in an otherwise entirely "atmospheric" teaser is a great sign for the final product. This is much more of a "step in the right direction" than the Revelations games ever were, in my humble opinion.
First-person camera always suited horror games in my opinion. :D
then the developer listen to the worst fanbase i think..lel
im a fan but not a blind fanboy..im sorry..but this game looks terrible n not suit my taste
*my opinion though
Well if they have not listened, probably the games were still in classic gameplay. Still i accept the changes, i cannot hate the series because of that. Also it is too early to judge the game which is not even got released. :-P

Blake

Postby Blake » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:36 pm

Been reading the comments, but it has been confirmed that the demo is not part of the final game. I'm sure if you google it you can find the developers statement. (I heard it through the E3 Developer Interview Livestream)
IGN/HN: Blake
Favorite Scenarios: DD, EOTR, UB
Most Used Characters: Kevin, Cindy, David and Yoko (In that order).
PS2 or Emu? Both

MrCreamy

Postby MrCreamy » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:49 pm

Already stated in the posts before your own. Aside from the scenario, the mechanics will without a doubt be transferred.

Herbivore

Postby Herbivore » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:01 pm

It's funny how all the homogenization in games is always presented as fresh and new. Fresh and new, now just like everything else on the market.
-Vote Joel Clemens for City Council

"What a weird Customer... what are you doing?!" - Will, Bartender / Cook at J's Bar, In memorial

Return to “News”