We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

(RUMOR) Resident evil outbreak and Resident evil 6 remaster in development

short notes for those not reading all the forums
LeonSora

Re: (RUMOR) Resident evil outbreak and Resident evil 6 remaster in development

Postby LeonSora » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:40 am

The plot Thickens guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsHC2tb7l64

RE6 Will be in PS4&XONE!!
I've been keeping track of this Outbreak HD rumor and when this got announced, I made an account here just to talk about this. This is certainly something.

Astrodude55

Postby Astrodude55 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:31 am

http://www.capcom-unity.com/harrisony/b ... ng-in-2016
4, 5 and 6 are coming to next gen.
EDIT
I knew Capcom would be silly not to release at least 5, in the wake of this rumor. The plot thickens, indeed.
I'm all for more Resident Evil, don't get me wrong, but this is just silly. RE4 will be re-released for the Nth and to be quite frank I'm sick of RE4. I played RE5 to death. So much so, I still hear Sheva calling, "I'LL BE RIGHT THERE' as Chris dies, the noise of the Mercenaries hourglasses breaking and hallucinations of Chris punching boulders. As far as RE6 is concerned, I have no comment.
In the wake of the Action Trilogy confirmation, my- as well as some others- fears of Capcom getting the wrong message became one of the sad truths of reality. They don't understand why we bought REmake HD and RE0: HD. We didn't buy them because they were HD makeovers, we bought them because they're good. I understand the whole '2016 is the year of HDRs' thing, but this is just silly. As I stated before, Capcom wouldn't go without an official statement. They want to draw interest and create hype. They want all of this and some random no-name employee dropping a leak on a random RE fan site from some random, small-time company just isn't going to do that for them.
The big question now is, "Where's Outbreak HD?"
Time will tell.
Equipment:
NTSC-U phat PS2 model 3001 R w/ network adapter, FMCB+HDL, Seagate ST3160215ACE (160 gb, 7200RPM, 2mb cache)

blackcat

Postby blackcat » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:38 pm

^ ^ couldn't agree more like honestly re4 is so overrated how many times is capcom intending on releasing this game?
this shit is getting old really quick the only game that is worth a try is re5 ( yes i prefer it more than re4 ) story wise and the characters
are just way more interesting now on the other hand we have outbreak a forgotten game that i doubt if capcom even know about
creating this masterpiece now as much as i hope that we get file 3 of the game which wouldn't happen i'm thankful that we aren't
i mean getting a remaster ver of f1 AND F2 IS way beter with the online play of course because we are guaranteed to experience the
game as it meant to be no 3rd person shooter crap and finally we have re6 a huge mess with no potential to be a good game whatsoever :rolleyes:

MartinMilk

Postby MartinMilk » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:44 pm

I'm sure I am the only one happy about RE5 and 6 coming to PS4. I'm excited as hell.
System: PS2 NTSC-J Slim | YouTube: Milky-Hazard | PSN: Milky-Hazard | XBLive:Milky Hazard| NNID: MartinMilk

legendaryk

Postby legendaryk » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:12 am

Its still not outbreak. Still not caring.

Astrodude55

Postby Astrodude55 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:59 am

@Blackcat- I hear you on that one. Capcom thinks RE4 was good because it made them tons of cash, therefore by the that logic, it has to be good right? They just don't get it. We never asked for this, but we all saw it coming. It was only a matter of time before Capcom got their high from HDRs. If they added in new content for these games, I could justify the rebuy. I know they're not. They may add in a few throwback costumes to 5 and 6, but 4 is going to be largely untouched. On the subject of RE4, however, Capcom needs to allocate the assets to touching up RE4's textures and models. They're going to toss on some even better lighting and shadows (yay?), but leave the 2005/2006 models and textures as they are. Di-sgusting!

@MartinMilk- I'm excited for the people who haven't played them yet. If I see a few of my hardcore RE buddies playing 5 or 6 then I'll drop the cash on it to power through co-op with them. For 20 USD a pop, it's not a bad price considering everything you get with it.

@LegendaryK- If the rumor is to be believed, then it may make an appearance at E3 or- on a lesser chance- at EVO or the Capcom World Cup. Doubtful, given their history and attitude towards Outbreak.
Equipment:
NTSC-U phat PS2 model 3001 R w/ network adapter, FMCB+HDL, Seagate ST3160215ACE (160 gb, 7200RPM, 2mb cache)

Anthrax

Postby Anthrax » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:26 am

Capcom thinks RE4 was good because it made them tons of cash, therefore by the that logic, it has to be good right? They just don't get it.

And hence the great scientist Greg Muller said "Too much growth weakens an organization ,what should be important becomes overshadowed by greed"

alinho

Postby alinho » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:12 pm

honestly re4 is so overrated how many times is capcom intending on releasing this game?
As long as there's someone buying them, and there's a lot of people doing it. Fog included.
PS2 FAT HDD Player

blackcat

Postby blackcat » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:03 pm

honestly re4 is so overrated how many times is capcom intending on releasing this game?
As long as there's someone buying them, and there's a lot of people doing it. Fog included.
good for them but as for capcom that wont be for long you see after some time people will get tired of these releases
and stop caring and start bashing anything that has a ( remastered ) on it and the worst case scenario is if the remastered
game deserve a 2nd chance which happened with games like the last of us even though it's only released on 2 consoles

legendaryk

Postby legendaryk » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:13 pm

@LegendaryK- If the rumor is to be believed, then it may make an appearance at E3 or- on a lesser chance- at EVO or the Capcom World Cup. Doubtful, given their history and attitude towards Outbreak.
Evo and Capcom Cup? Lol wut, those are for fighting games. Outbreak has nothing to do with the fighting genre. It makes no sense to debut it there. E3 is a possibility but given E3's declining track record, Capcom is better off showing it at their own show or Sony convention.

LeonSora

Postby LeonSora » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:17 am

Well, I hate to bring this news, but here it is.

It's on page 4 of the thread, as well as the very first post.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/339340/di ... 377097768/

Apparently the Business and Community Manager from Creazn Studio came out and said that they weren't working on a Resident Evil title. It's kind of strange considering they teased it on their twitter account, but oh well. Who knows. The Resident Evil 6 thing seemed so legit, but maybe it was obvious they would rerelease it anyways.

StuntmanSnake

Postby StuntmanSnake » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:34 am

Well, I hate to bring this news, but here it is.

It's on page 4 of the thread, as well as the very first post.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/339340/di ... 377097768/

Apparently the Business and Community Manager from Creazn Studio came out and said that they weren't working on a Resident Evil title. It's kind of strange considering they teased it on their twitter account, but oh well. Who knows. The Resident Evil 6 thing seemed so legit, but maybe it was obvious they would rerelease it anyways.
This is more of a relief than anything else. Judging from the quality of their games (or lack thereof) and deceit they've shown on their Twitter account regarding this rumor, I'm glad they have nothing to do with it.

Here's the aforementioned tweet incase they delete it. This question was asked by someone on Twitter and this was their response. By leaving this here I'd like to immortalize their inability to act with integrity for the sake of attracting undeserved attention.

ID: MODDER | HN: StuntmanSnake | CHARACTER: RANDOM

the_fog

Postby the_fog » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:42 pm

What a questionable publicity stunt :o

TheMixedHerb

Postby TheMixedHerb » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:46 pm

Exactly the kind of person you don't want handling your PR.

alinho

Postby alinho » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:36 pm

Just call them what I've called 'em since day 1:
"Totally Not Attention Whores Studio"
PS2 FAT HDD Player

Return to “News”