We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

(RUMOR) Resident evil outbreak and Resident evil 6 remaster in development

short notes for those not reading all the forums
T-King-667

Re: (RUMOR) Resident evil outbreak and Resident evil 6 remaster in development

Postby T-King-667 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:44 pm

An unknown indie dev studio?? Nope...

I still think this who rumoured RE Outbreak HD is the same person with different names who did in 2010, 2013, 2014 and 2015. Not sure though. I having serious doubts about we will get any official news and announcement in this year and next years. We know Capcom stated after first HD remaster, they will bringing more HD Remastered classics. I having a feeling the remaining classic title after Zero is only Code Veronica. Capcom did not much liked Gun Survivor and Outbreak titles. I still hope they intend to remaster Dead Aim and Outbreak Files, but in my opinion we cannot much hope any real good from Capcom.
Capcom said they were interested in porting more of the popular classic REgames. They have already did a hd port of CV to PS3 and 360 if I'm not mistaken so that's out of the question. So for Capcom to say that they wanted to Remaster more classic RE games when they had already remastered pretty much all of them leaves me to believe that the only real direction they can turn to after RE0 is either outbreak or dead aim. With the Classic Re's being fresh in everybody's mind it would only make sense to Remaster an RE classic that also has online play. As shown here...http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Best_selling_Capcom_games, File1 actually sold well for its time and would probably be considered as a successful classic in Capcoms eyes.

We're just gonna have to wait and see I suppose.

Meio

Postby Meio » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:03 pm

Since when this list got updated last time because Biohazard/Resident Evil 6 is the top seller without doubts.

Also Code Veronica was not even a remastered like Biohazard/Resident Evil 4, it only got rereleased with HD resolution, saturation change and leaderboards. :| I seen no difference between PS2 and PS3 version in graphics. It is pretty same if you do same setup on a ps2 emulator. I still having in faith they remaster all PS2 and GC titles, but it wont happen soon as the rumours says even if it is true.

T-King-667

Postby T-King-667 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:51 pm

Since when this list got updated last time because Biohazard/Resident Evil 6 is the top seller without doubts.
What does this have to do with any of it? Even if RE6 was slightly ahead the point I was trying to make was about outbreak not RE6 And REV2 was a part of the list so it was updated at least at a month or two after that released.
Also Code Veronica was not even a remastered like Biohazard/Resident Evil 4, it only got rereleased with HD resolution, saturation change and leaderboards. :| I seen no difference between PS2 and PS3 version in graphics. It is pretty same if you do same setup on a ps2 emulator. I still having in faith they remaster all PS2 and GC titles, but it wont happen soon as the rumours says even if it is true.
For the most part a remaster is just bringing an old game to a more powerful platform with sharper visuals and a better frame rate. The graphics in itself isn't changed it just makes the graphics that's already there a sharper. Which is exactly what it got. Just like RE4, Remake and upcoming RE0. The reason why the remastered versions of REmake and RE0 looks as good as they do is mainly because of the pre-rendered backgrounds looking phenomenal in HD.

Just my 2 cents on it anyway.

dukemagus

Postby dukemagus » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:02 am

FFS! Operation Raccoon City sold BETTER than Outbreak?
"HD technology does not make a game interesting. The quality of gameplay makes games interesting." - Keiji Inafune

alinho

Postby alinho » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:24 am

Sadly, yes. Than both combined.
Outbreak 1 sold 1.43 million.
Outbreak 2 sold 600k.
ORC sold 2.3 million.
PS2 FAT HDD Player

Meio

Postby Meio » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:51 am

I think 90% of buyers was not even a fan.

For the most part a remaster is just bringing an old game to a more powerful platform with sharper visuals and a better frame rate. The graphics in itself isn't changed it just makes the graphics that's already there a sharper. Which is exactly what it got. Just like RE4, Remake and upcoming RE0. The reason why the remastered versions of REmake and RE0 looks as good as they do is mainly because of the pre-rendered backgrounds looking phenomenal in HD.

Just my 2 cents on it anyway.
Code Veronica still not got graphically remastered though. :|

Anthrax

Postby Anthrax » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:56 am

I really hope it's true,even if there are some 10 yo kids who's prefer playing some 3rd person shooters with unlimited ammo,because he fact that the multiplayer online gaming wasn't that good in 2004 & the only way to play coop survival horror (imo) is outbreak , so reviving this game would worth a try .

Even if this happens ,would they try to put file 3 and 4(and maybe 2) as dlc ?

camjam

Postby camjam » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:40 pm

This was actually where it was originally posted: http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news ... this-year/

Read the final comment. That's the source of it. I don't think its BS. There are many other rumors being posted on Reddit that perfectly link up to this.

As I said on a horror group on Facebook, Capcom is focused on Remasters for the series right now. RE2 is getting a full remake because the original source game is so old it cannot simply be "remastered" with new textures and slight mods. RE CV, 4, Zero and REmake have been remastered. What are the final three RE games that have not been remastered? Outbreak, Outbreak 2 and Dead Aim. I highly doubt they would remaster Dead Aim over outbreak, so there you go. If they keep remasters going, those are the only three left. RE2 and 3 would require full expensive remakes because of the old gameplay, coding, engines, etc. Outbreak and Dead Aim would simply require porting and texture improvements (along with outbreak needing its online servers redirected).

The only thing I fear is that OBSRV will cease to exist if this becomes a thing.

dukemagus

Postby dukemagus » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:10 pm

Nah, the forum won't disappear. Best case scneario, it'll live as a parallel project for purists

worst case scenario, it'll become a main outbreak hub and people will meet, learn amd organize steam sessions here.

Isles and fog created a community here. Some people are friends, some are loved trolls, but everyone like this game enough to discuss about it and play every now and then.
"HD technology does not make a game interesting. The quality of gameplay makes games interesting." - Keiji Inafune

T-King-667

Postby T-King-667 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:01 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPwEAyEZta0 This guy claims to know the indie studio that's working on the outbreak remaster. What do you guys think?

Edit: I've just learned from a member on the Capcom forums that the guy in this video is a huge supporter of the indie game called "I-nfected" Which was a multiplayer SH game that was heavily influenced by outbreak and the game was being made by a company in Toronto called Creazn studios who all of a sudden stopped communicating with said youtuber. I don't wanna be raising any hopes but it does seem like things are falling into place a bit.

alinho

Postby alinho » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:29 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPwEAyEZta0 This guy claims to know the indie studio that's working on the outbreak remaster. What do you guys think?

Edit: I've just learned from a member on the Capcom forums that the guy in this video is a huge supporter of the indie game called "I-nfected" Which was a multiplayer SH game that was heavily influenced by outbreak and the game was being made by a company in Toronto called Creazn studios who all of a sudden stopped communicating with said youtuber. I don't wanna be raising any hopes but it does seem like things are falling into place a bit.
From his own comment on that video:
"Hit that like button guys and share this around! I'm pretty damn positive this is legit!"

Yeah, bullcrap.
If it is true (nope), then it's not happening. because that indie game was a scam.
It got a fundraiser, got greenlighted, then vanished.
PS2 FAT HDD Player

T-King-667

Postby T-King-667 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:36 am

From his own comment on that video:
"Hit that like button guys and share this around! I'm pretty damn positive this is legit!"

Yeah, bullcrap.
If it is true (nope), then it's not happening. because that indie game was a scam.
It got a fundraiser, got greenlighted, then vanished.
Err it probably got greenlit and then pitched to Capcom when it was in a playable state and instead they got the opportunity to work on the outbreak remaster instead? Ofcourse that's if everything this guy said was true.

alinho

Postby alinho » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:41 am

Err it probably got greenlit and then pitched to Capcom when it was in a playable state and instead they got the opportunity to work on the outbreak remaster instead? Ofcourse that's if everything this guy said was true.
With all due respect, I don't buy it.
PS2 FAT HDD Player

T-King-667

Postby T-King-667 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:51 am

With all due respect, I don't buy it.
Ofcourse dude don't worry about it.

StuntmanSnake

Postby StuntmanSnake » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:00 am

Going to play devil's advocate for a minute.

After watching the video above, I remembered something. This used to be the guy that was advertising an indie game called I-NFECTED which to my knowledge never actually came to fruition. The studio behind that game was called Creazn Studio, and indie studio based in Toronto, Canada.

Going off the source leak, he mentions an "Outbreak like clone" that was pitched to Capcom which was apparently not green-lit. This could be in reference to I-NFECTED. Here's a trailer for the game from the same guy's channel: https://youtu.be/_tpJLAsmvCQ

My personal opinion is that the game looked pretty terrible, so the assumption that Capcom denied it isn't surprising.

However, this is all assuming any of this is true. Somebody could have already pieced all this together themselves and figured someone would eventually connect the dots. I'm still very much in the "this is BS" camp but I wanted to give a few more details on what may be happening here.
ID: MODDER | HN: StuntmanSnake | CHARACTER: RANDOM

Return to “News”