We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

(RUMOR) Resident evil outbreak and Resident evil 6 remaster in development

short notes for those not reading all the forums
xDrHellx

Re: (RUMOR) Resident evil outbreak and Resident evil 6 remaster in development

Postby xDrHellx » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:46 pm

Wait, Ty9114's post was serious ? I though this was just some retarded joke.

One does not seem to realise that, even if it could probably be done, it would separate the current community, wich, you have to admit, is not a good thing since we're not many (imo). Thus, this decision would be incredibly stupid. Plus, it's not like the current "JP" servers doesn't work at all, they work correctly... until something happens, but after that they work again, kinda.

You could atleast be thankful, it's not like we paid for what they did to bring back the servers, you have no idea how much effort it took to do it.

TY911

Postby TY911 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:45 pm

well seeya,lol you now wouldn't be shocked if most of you on here hope the HD Remaster of Outbreak never happens.so you can keep this site up.well to bad its gonna happen and it might happen after e3 before fall.but whatever you guys can continue to walk around saying Capcom doesn't care it will never happen.

Meio

Postby Meio » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:38 pm

well seeya,lol you now wouldn't be shocked if most of you on here hope the HD Remaster of Outbreak never happens.so you can keep this site up.well to bad its gonna happen and it might happen after e3 before fall.but whatever you guys can continue to walk around saying Capcom doesn't care it will never happen.

Unibrow mann

Postby Unibrow mann » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:50 pm

alinho

Postby alinho » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:54 pm

PS2 FAT HDD Player

Blake

Postby Blake » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:55 pm

so is the REO HD Remaster a false rumor?
IGN/HN: Blake
Favorite Scenarios: DD, EOTR, UB
Most Used Characters: Kevin, Cindy, David and Yoko (In that order).
PS2 or Emu? Both

wicked1one11

Postby wicked1one11 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:55 pm

[align=center]Image
You surely don't believe...you can beat me?[/align]

Silver Gray

Postby Silver Gray » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:44 am

I am not hoping for this to happened, as everything would be improve is good but this server will shut down right? So please, don't make it happen.

the_fog

Postby the_fog » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:07 pm

I am not hoping for this to happened, as everything would be improve is good but this server will shut down right? So please, don't make it happen.
I want to be honest. In case this rumor is true the staff will have to make a decision in the very moment a renewed Outbreak is available. But hey, for now it's just a rumor and I have serious doubts about this happening.

T-King-667

Postby T-King-667 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:34 pm

@TY911: I appreciate you saying that the source is believable but do me a solid and don't bring hate/be a troll on my thread or on these forums. As everyone else mentioned Fog pretty much did the impossible and brought outbreak back to life AND he shared it with everybody including you.
I don't think that's fair to say though. The mass majority of the 1.5 mil players who bought REO never played it online thanks to the fact that console online gaming at the time was pretty much in its baby stages and was an overall pain in the ass to set up. In turn most people said "Meh it was pretty good but the A.I was retarded" Because they probably figured that's all there was to the game.

So honestly if a remaster does happen it will give the players who never had a chance to play online before a real shot at playing it (If Capcom does include online (they damn well better)) Now you may say "Well if they wanna play REO online they can just come here" let's be real here. The only way to play online as of right now is either with a Japanese PS2(or another region PS2 console modified in someway) and Biohazard outbreak or with an Emulator with a million hoops to jump through, nobody that remembers a game to be "mediocre" because they never got to play online is even gonna bother with either option.

Capcom has been making a killing with REmaster/make and I'm sure they're gonna make just as much or more with RE0 remaster. I think we can all agree that Outbreak was before its time and with Capcom making its classic SH games apparent again I think this would be the perfect time to Remaster Outbreak and give it the publicity and attention it always deserved.
Last edited by Anomaladox on Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: sorry had to add something to it.

AssassinMan23

Postby AssassinMan23 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:45 pm

Would a remaster divide the community? I mean, wouldn't most if not all the people get it and play it or at the very least research it to see if it looks appealing to them? I know I would. If it turned out to be a masterpiece pretty much everyone here would go and play the remaster together. Also, a remaster would be advertised a hell of a lot more than this site so a ton of old fans would probably get it. If the games turn out to be crappy than the old fans who were disappointed with it can hop on this server if they choose. Even if half this server played on the new server and half stayed, the old veterans who were disappointed might join this server which will keep it going.

Also, this goes without saying, I am basing all this off the slim twig of a chance the rumor turns out to be true and the OBs get a new game. I definitely wouldn't want to see this site get abandoned though, considering all the hard work the mods and other good people of this server put into it thus far.
Mark main and Bob's Champion of the Multiverse

alinho

Postby alinho » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:09 am

I have to point something out aswell:
If Remaster does happen and this server shuts down, then people like me are screwed.

I've already spent a load of money to get PS2s and Japanese copies, and my PC is just horrible to play modern games. So, if the server shuts down, I'd have to either buy a PS4 or a PS3 (if they even care to release a port to it), which would be a living nightmare considering Brazil's absurd importing fees.
PS2 FAT HDD Player

ss4gogeta0

Postby ss4gogeta0 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:57 am

Wait, Ty9114's post was serious ? I though this was just some retarded joke.

One does not seem to realise that, even if it could probably be done, it would separate the current community, wich, you have to admit, is not a good thing since we're not many (imo). Thus, this decision would be incredibly stupid. Plus, it's not like the current "JP" servers doesn't work at all, they work correctly... until something happens, but after that they work again, kinda.

You could atleast be thankful, it's not like we paid for what they did to bring back the servers, you have no idea how much effort it took to do it.
it would only separate the english natives with the non english natives or people who prefer the japanese version. its not going to be some colossal shift like you make it seem. besides, I doubt the people who did put in money ad effort into obtaining a japanese/modded ps2 and a copy of the game are going to drop everything and run back to the US servers. hell, I would probably play both servers...

plus, it would bring in alot of new blood aswell as even more renewed interest into outbreak... There are alot of people on sites I have advertised obsrv on that are waiting for the american servers specifically due to not wanting to bother with the extra effort when they still have their original copies.

anyway. I take this rumor the same way I take all rumors, with a large grain of salt

tekknobabblr

Postby tekknobabblr » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:18 pm

An unknown indie dev studio?? Nope...
I know this has a lot more going against it, but just wanted to point out the Vita port of Revelations 2 was outsourced to a small indie studio called "Frima Studio". So, not like Capcom has never outsourced to a Canadian indie studio before...

Meio

Postby Meio » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:29 pm

An unknown indie dev studio?? Nope...
I know this has a lot more going against it, but just wanted to point out the Vita port of Revelations 2 was outsourced to a small indie studio called "Frima Studio". So, not like Capcom has never outsourced to a Canadian indie studio before...
I do not want bring this up, but...

Big shame on Capcom. They did not gave ports of Revelations 2 and HD remasters to Wii U. I doubt it could not had handle it, it is 3x stronger structure than PS3 and XBOX 360. Those are weaker generations but still they get ports... Like at PS4 and Xbox One, Wii U would had run with constant fps 60 on 1080p :| I merely think Biohazard/Resident Evil 2 Remake, and Biohazard/Resident Evil 7 (and if it is true news, Biohazard/Resident Evil Outbreak HD) still be released on PS3 and Xbox 360, even though they both will have laggy FPS rates like they had at Revelations 2 and HD Remasters, im sure they get the treatment but not Wii U. I doubt Wii U is that bad console and it is selling more than Xbox One. I admit i do not have Wii U, and im more fan of PS (i have PS1-PS2-PS3-PS4). Wii U not getting RE game treatment is just heartbreaking. :(

Anyways, sorry for bringing this up, i could not miss it out.

I still think this who rumoured RE Outbreak HD is the same person with different names who did in 2010, 2013, 2014 and 2015. Not sure though. I having serious doubts about we will get any official news and announcement in this year and next years. We know Capcom stated after first HD remaster, they will bringing more HD Remastered classics. I having a feeling the remaining classic title after Zero is only Code Veronica. Capcom did not much liked Gun Survivor and Outbreak titles. I still hope they intend to remaster Dead Aim and Outbreak Files, but in my opinion we cannot much hope any real good from Capcom.

Return to “News”