We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Important changes to obsrv.org

short notes for those not reading all the forums
the_fog

Important changes to obsrv.org

Postby the_fog » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:47 pm

After all the trouble we've been through in the last years administrators and
moderators sat together and talked about the situation of obsrv.org. We
identified some problems:

- none of the admins or mods has enough time for the project
- troublemakers keep coming back on several ways no matter what we do
- Complaints handling was not successful
- Mediations aren't accepted very well

All in all you can say that the team is tired, exhausted and lost interest in
the project. So we worked out a solution that might sound extreme (or at least
very experimental):

For the second time in the history of the project we delete every single ban!
Additionally every banned user is given full moderation rights automatically.
This way we can multiply the amount of moderators by 3 or 4 and have to
moderate/ban less at the same time.

As for administration privileges we are still in the process of searching two
or more candidates to overtake the complete server project. The team came to
the conclusion that it is time to lower the risk of loosing the Outbreak server
forever. The reason is a revolutionary game project that will most likely eat
up all time from the_fog and some other people from the staff.

We are aware that these look like extreme actions but please take the time to
think about it for a moment and try to see it from our perspective. You might
realize then that it's not such a bad solution. At least this way we can asure
to keep up the Outbreak project forever.

staff of obsrv.org

StuntmanSnake

Re: Important changes to obsrv.org

Postby StuntmanSnake » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:05 pm

This actually sounds like a brilliant idea.

Some of you may not be on board, I get it. However, think about it, since all banned users will now inherit moderation rights, fights and arguments will now be practically nonexistent. If one user has a problem with another, simply banning him or her immediately will eradicate drama before it has a chance to begin. No more shoutbox fights, mediation posts, etc. The forum will be a much happier place.

As for looking for other people to take over the server, I'm ready to assume full control. Afterall, I'm already on top of the shoutbox list. As always, with new management comes new changes. Don't worry, I don't plan to do anything drastic. Starting immediately, a monthly fee of $50 will be required by all users who plan to continue playing on the server. Some of you may be thinking this is a bit too steep, but it's all going to a good cause. I mean, you love this game don't you? Now it's time to put that love to the test and see how dedicated you truly are. All paying members will also receive a star next to your name so it's worth the monthly fee in itself.

I will also be removing Silent Hell from a position of power. I have not forgotten that time you had stolen my lighter in that Flashback game around 6 months ago. I have no plans to ban you (yet) so consider yourself lucky.

Thank you all for reading and I look forward to running this community for the foreseeable future!
ID: MODDER | HN: StuntmanSnake | CHARACTER: RANDOM

AssassinMan23

Postby AssassinMan23 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:47 pm

Mark main and Bob's Champion of the Multiverse

Herbivore

Postby Herbivore » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:36 pm

It's about time, I am getting sick of all the crybabies and there are too many posts by the hour to keep up with the board.
-Vote Joel Clemens for City Council

"What a weird Customer... what are you doing?!" - Will, Bartender / Cook at J's Bar, In memorial

the_fog

Postby the_fog » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:24 pm

This actually sounds like a brilliant idea.

Some of you may not be on board, I get it. However, think about it, since all banned users will now inherit moderation rights, fights and arguments will now be practically nonexistent. If one user has a problem with another, simply banning him or her immediately will eradicate drama before it has a chance to begin. No more shoutbox fights, mediation posts, etc. The forum will be a much happier place.

As for looking for other people to take over the server, I'm ready to assume full control. Afterall, I'm already on top of the shoutbox list. As always, with new management comes new changes. Don't worry, I don't plan to do anything drastic. Starting immediately, a monthly fee of $50 will be required by all users who plan to continue playing on the server. Some of you may be thinking this is a bit too steep, but it's all going to a good cause. I mean, you love this game don't you? Now it's time to put that love to the test and see how dedicated you truly are. All paying members will also receive a star next to your name so it's worth the monthly fee in itself.

I will also be removing Silent Hell from a position of power. I have not forgotten that time you had stolen my lighter in that Flashback game around 6 months ago. I have no plans to ban you (yet) so consider yourself lucky.

Thank you all for reading and I look forward to running this community for the foreseeable future!
Actually, we have a problem here. I was told to keep it a secret but YOU forced me to make it public:

From internal sources at Capcom we heard details about the future of the Resident Evil franchise. It looks like the next games will continue the way of Revelations and Revelations 2, means horror action game in 3rd person without multi angle. So, nothing unexspected. BUT for the Outbreak branch is planned to create something that sounds quite revolutionary. It looks like Capcom is working on a MMPORPG that plays mainly in Raccoon city and will contain all the sets from Outbreak! This is as experimental as the online mode back in 2003/2004 and the most interesting part is that they want to keep the costs low and will create a full set of editors for models, environments, level maps, quests, storyline etc. pp. that will be given to selected well known people in the modding scene. The created work will be reviewed and if accepted the material is used in the upcoming game.

StuntmanSnake, you are probably one of the selected few (together with me and the other current moderators as part timers) to get their hands on the toolset. This will definately conflict with your work as a highly paid administrator for obsrv.org! Better leave it to the more competent people in terms of cyber bullying management.

Herbivore

Postby Herbivore » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:12 pm

SMS should not be made a mod because he is continuously abusing the privilege he was born with as a male for modding outbreak, which is outbreakophobic heresy, using costumes that were not meant for the game as per official Capcom scripture / law.

Can you also ban all NPCs , costumes C through E and normalize all characters to run at the same speed? Those things give players an unfair advantage. Keep up the good changes.
-Vote Joel Clemens for City Council

"What a weird Customer... what are you doing?!" - Will, Bartender / Cook at J's Bar, In memorial

Isles487

Postby Isles487 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:44 pm

The other staff members and I made this choice to restart fresh in earnest after days of deliberations. We understand that our actions may cause confusion, annoyance, or worse. Some may think that banned users would make poor moderators and should not receive this privilege. On the contrary, as seasoned abusers of the server, the former banned players will bring their vast knowledge of trolling, exploits, and anti-social behavior to bear as they monitor our community and keep fellow users under control. We are grateful for their assistance. Please extend a warm welcome to them.

Micheal Bolton

Postby Micheal Bolton » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:48 pm

:))

the_fog

Postby the_fog » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:52 am

Locking this thread because of April 1st.

Return to “News”