We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Claire Redfield & Moira Burton Are Revelations 2 Lead Ladies

short notes for those not reading all the forums
StuntmanSnake

Re: Claire Redfield & Moira Burton Are Revelations 2 Lead Ladies

Postby StuntmanSnake » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:30 pm

Our message to Capcom must be clear: " Outbreak 123 (with online capacity and File 1 voice actors) or gtfo". We can only achieve that be keeping a unified front.
Go back to eating your veggies, Herbivore.
ID: MODDER | HN: StuntmanSnake | CHARACTER: RANDOM

Herbivore

Postby Herbivore » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:50 pm

SS, be a part of the solution.
-Vote Joel Clemens for City Council

"What a weird Customer... what are you doing?!" - Will, Bartender / Cook at J's Bar, In memorial

StuntmanSnake

Postby StuntmanSnake » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:48 pm

SS, be a part of the solution.
Bro, I AM the solution! ;)

Back on topic, I'm extremely excited for Revelations 2. The Raid Mode looks like tons of fun and I eagerly await the March 10th release date for a physical copy. If anyone else is getting the game on PS4, we should totes play Raid together.

GK1294

Postby GK1294 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:39 pm

I hope the developers don't use the same leveling mechanics depicted on some of the pictures for the main gameplay. Leveling up in a zombie game is a horrible idea, just like Dead Island where this one particular baddie looks the same as the others, but since you're playing online he's like 40 levels over yours and can one hit kill you no matter what. They shouldn't ever implement something like that, much less RPG grinding in a RE game (how many lows has the RE franchise already taken by now if this gets implemented?).

I haven't seen any videos, if there's any please link them. This is the picture I'm making reference to:
http://img.europapress.net/fotoweb/foto ... 19_800.jpg
It also looks like they went crazy giving the player more ammunition than they'll ever need for raid mode, that's also another low blow trying to rip-off mechanics from other big, selling FPS's. If it turns out that way I'll have to think it at least ten times if I were to get it.
HN: GreenKnight
ID: S1DY4F
HN: Peelzman
ID: FVD50A

StuntmanSnake

Postby StuntmanSnake » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:27 pm

I hope the developers don't use the same leveling mechanics depicted on some of the pictures for the main gameplay. Leveling up in a zombie game is a horrible idea, just like Dead Island where this one particular baddie looks the same as the others, but since you're playing online he's like 40 levels over yours and can one hit kill you no matter what. They shouldn't ever implement something like that, much less RPG grinding in a RE game (how many lows has the RE franchise already taken by now if this gets implemented?).

I haven't seen any videos, if there's any please link them. This is the picture I'm making reference to:
It also looks like they went crazy giving the player more ammunition than they'll ever need for raid mode, that's also another low blow trying to rip-off mechanics from other big, selling FPS's. If it turns out that way I'll have to think it at least ten times if I were to get it.
All that leveling and enemy health bars and such are exclusive to Raid Mode. Have you not played the first Revelations? Assuming you haven't and have never played Raid Mode before, there is 200 different Raid Mode missions to play. As you can see here, this is a VERY early stage which is why the enemies are at a low level and ammunition is plentiful. I'm not seeing the connection between this game and FPS's so you've lost me there.

leotreves

Postby leotreves » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:03 am

^ the hell?
umm what o_O?
Oh, I wrote that because there was a huge spambot in this topic and in the entire forum early this morning lol Guess you missed it
Last edited by leotreves on Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
HN: Shepard

Useful links:

Getting started? Click here
Get a memcard with everything unlocked (File1 and File2)
Installing the emulated HDD (legacy)

PCSX2 using OPL/HDD
PC: Ryzen 5800X3D/64GB/RX 6800XT
PS2: SCPH 30000 2TB
PS3: CECHE01 1TB SSD

GK1294

Postby GK1294 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:04 am

All that leveling and enemy health bars and such are exclusive to Raid Mode. Have you not played the first Revelations? Assuming you haven't and have never played Raid Mode before, there is 200 different Raid Mode missions to play. As you can see here, this is a VERY early stage which is why the enemies are at a low level and ammunition is plentiful. I'm not seeing the connection between this game and FPS's so you've lost me there.
That actually sounds a lot better. A lot of modern, non competitive FPS I've seen lately give you so much ammo you don't even know what to do with it, and usually make meele a very unappealing strategy, that's why I compared them both. Not all of them operate this way, of course; although to be fair some reviews do say that the raid mode is to try to appeal to action players so as not to get the game so repetitive. I didn't play the first game much because it played very similar to RE5 and I didn't get a good first impression, but if you're right about the missions the game is probably worth getting. I actually changed my mind, I'll be looking foward to seeing game footage when it's out.
HN: GreenKnight
ID: S1DY4F
HN: Peelzman
ID: FVD50A

Herbivore

Postby Herbivore » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:07 am

Since OUTBREAK, I dislike leveling up too! I think it's such lazy game design. You are only rewarded for punching time in, not skills. I love OUTBREAK'S DEleveling system where you can choose shittier characters instead if you want to prove something.
-Vote Joel Clemens for City Council

"What a weird Customer... what are you doing?!" - Will, Bartender / Cook at J's Bar, In memorial

StuntmanSnake

Postby StuntmanSnake » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:51 am

Since OUTBREAK, I dislike leveling up too! I think it's such lazy game design. You are only rewarded for punching time in, not skills. I love OUTBREAK'S DEleveling system where you can choose shittier characters instead if you want to prove something.
If this is like the first Revelations, you can actually delevel your character. If you're trying to prove how much chest hair you have, you can play the toughest of Raid Mode levels with a very low level character if you so choose.

Leon95

Postby Leon95 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:17 pm

I hate to be the bearer of bad news Snake but the game DID get pushed back a week.

The physical copy will be released on the next Tuesday (March 17th...18th?) instead. Not much but it DOES suck. :(

I'm super stoked for this game too though, & that Tuesday happens to be the week I'll be on Spring break! Everything works out!

StuntmanSnake

Postby StuntmanSnake » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:48 pm

I hate to be the bearer of bad news Snake but the game DID get pushed back a week.

The physical copy will be released on the next Tuesday (March 17th...18th?) instead. Not much but it DOES suck. :(

I'm super stoked for this game too though, & that Tuesday happens to be the week I'll be on Spring break! Everything works out!
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Ah, well. Hopefully spring break is at that time for me as well, I'm planning on playing the hell out of Raid Mode.

Return to “News”