We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Claire Redfield & Moira Burton Are Revelations 2 Lead Ladies

short notes for those not reading all the forums
Leon95

Claire Redfield & Moira Burton Are Revelations 2 Lead Ladies

Postby Leon95 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:13 pm

More info. The game is actually looking great from the very little we have.

Claire doesn't look at all like Claire in the face though....I'm just hoping that's a weird shot of her & that Alyson is still her VA.

NOTE: Make sure you hit the "jump" link under the picture on this page to see more pictures!

Link: http://www.psu.com/news/24577/Resident- ... eld-+-more

leotreves

Re: Claire Redfield & Moira Burton Are Revelations 2 Lead La

Postby leotreves » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:16 pm

HN: Shepard

Useful links:

Getting started? Click here
Get a memcard with everything unlocked (File1 and File2)
Installing the emulated HDD (legacy)

PCSX2 using OPL/HDD
PC: Ryzen 5800X3D/64GB/RX 6800XT
PS2: SCPH 30000 2TB
PS3: CECHE01 1TB SSD

alinhoalisson

Postby alinhoalisson » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:48 pm

*praying for no babysitter effect*
Little corner of light, my castle of clouds.
Where you're never alone, and everything's less painful.
Little corner of light, it's my home, it's my family.

StuntmanSnake

Postby StuntmanSnake » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:11 pm

I doubt Claire is gonna have to babysit. Moira seems to give me an "Ellie" vibe from The Last of Us who is capable of taking care of herself. She was definitely no Ashley Graham, that's for sure.
ID: MODDER | HN: StuntmanSnake | CHARACTER: RANDOM

leotreves

Postby leotreves » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:34 pm

Moira seems to give me an "Ellie" vibe from The Last of Us who is capable of taking care of herself.
I felt the same vibe lol

Useful links:

PCSX2 using OPL/HDD

Herbivore

Postby Herbivore » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:36 pm

Kind of boring the side character has to be yet another JR version of an established character. She looks like the chick from that paranormal game. I like the models though and it looks pretty just kind of unoriginal. I wonder if they will wake up amnesiac while we're at it. 9___9
-Vote Joel Clemens for City Council

"What a weird Customer... what are you doing?!" - Will, Bartender / Cook at J's Bar, In memorial

Mackenzie

Postby Mackenzie » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:48 am

More info. The game is actually looking great from the very little we have.

Claire doesn't look at all like Claire in the face though....I'm just hoping that's a weird shot of her & that Alyson is still her VA.

NOTE: Make sure you hit the "jump" link under the picture on this page to see more pictures!

Link: http://www.psu.com/news/24577/Resident- ... eld-+-more
Yeah, it's really difficult to acquaint ones self when the game designer suddenly change characters, and this has already happened before. I like Alyson Court's voice, she sounds tomboyish at times and that's how I felt she just made the RE2/CV dialogue have more impact and substance (tone of voice, reaction to Sherry, etc.). I'm open to have other VAs if they felt like it tho, as Alyson already did a lot of voice work so if Alyson feels to hand over this possession to another person, I would respect that.

I might just pick this up because 1) Claire is in it, and 2) The raid/mercenaries stuff might be interesting again (Suffice to say I didn't pick up revelations, just tried a demo of it).

Also as everyone said, doesn't this game look like TLoU? It's nice that they had a little girl protagonist, but come on, on the cover as well? I hope not, she shouldn't be, it would feel like a total rip-off...
props to alinho for the gif

leotreves

Re: Claire Redfield & Moira Burton Are Revelations 2 Lead Ladies

Postby leotreves » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:15 am

^ the hell?

Useful links:

PCSX2 using OPL/HDD

Mackenzie

Postby Mackenzie » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:27 am

^ the hell?
umm what o_O?

anyway to continue, I'm having a problem with the current gameplay mechanics. It didn't turn out to what I was expecting (revelations style gameplay was actually quite nice, but not this imo.). I won't get the game now, sadly.

StuntmanSnake

Postby StuntmanSnake » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:29 am

Also as everyone said, doesn't this game look like TLoU? It's nice that they had a little girl protagonist, but come on, on the cover as well? I hope not, she shouldn't be, it would feel like a total rip-off...
How is this game ripping off The Last of Us in any way? Just because there is a father-daughter relationship? While I admit that Moira reminds me of Ellie, that doesn't mean I think that Capcom "ripped off" anything. In fact, the designers themselves of The Last of Us even stated that they were inspired by Capcom's Resident Evil 4 when they were making their game. Should we also say that Naughty Dog ripped off Capcom? No. Also, the box art has already been revealed. While Moira isn't on the front cover, stating that it would be a "total rip off" if she was just boggles my mind. Teenage girls can be on a horror game boxart without being called TLoU rip offs.

Mackenzie

Postby Mackenzie » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:36 am

How is this game ripping off The Last of Us in any way? Just because there is a father-daughter relationship? While I admit that Moira reminds me of Ellie, that doesn't mean I think that Capcom "ripped off" anything. In fact, the designers themselves of The Last of Us even stated that they were inspired by Capcom's Resident Evil 4 when they were making their game. Should we also say that Naughty Dog ripped off Capcom? No. Also, the box art has already been revealed. While Moira isn't on the front cover, stating that it would be a "total rip off" if she was just boggles my mind. Teenage girls can be on a horror game boxart without being called TLoU rip offs.
If I may clarify, I only said would feel like a total rip-off... I never stated it IS one. For the record, there are several games getting inspiration from others and no they are not rip-offs, well some of them are as based on credible reviews.

StuntmanSnake

Postby StuntmanSnake » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:24 pm

If I may clarify, I only said would feel like a total rip-off... I never stated it IS one. For the record, there are several games getting inspiration from others and no they are not rip-offs, well some of them are as based on credible reviews.
I don't think that it would, may be, possibly be, or any other synonyms of the word feel like it's ripping off the TLoU in any way by having Moira on the cover. While we are all entitled to our own opinions, I disagree with yours entirely.

Herbivore

Postby Herbivore » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:47 pm

This is not Outbreak File 123 Integral Edition. Who cares, lets conserve our energies for that.

"What a weird Customer... what are you doing?!" - Will, Bartender / Cook at J's Bar, In memorial

Mackenzie

Postby Mackenzie » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:08 pm

I was surprised someone would even revive this thread anyway, and I actually prefer if someone explains the problem instead of just saying comments containing a few words without even raising a question.

Yes it is an OPINION. Anyway, now I've realized that I should make better constructive criticisms without injuring anyone.
This is not Outbreak File 123 Integral Edition. Who cares, lets conserve our energies for that.
You are talking to the most loyal fans here tho. And no, someone/some people do actually care. I, on the other hand, only cared about ports that's why I reacted in that manner.

Herbivore

Postby Herbivore » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:27 pm

Our message to Capcom must be clear: " Outbreak 123 (with online capacity and File 1 voice actors) or gtfo". We can only achieve that be keeping a unified front.

Return to “News”