We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Gameplay Rules (Updated 12/8/13)

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
Anomaladox

Re: Gameplay Rules

Postby Anomaladox » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:09 am

Must you act so hostile?

EDIT: personally, I would find it fun and interesting. I know how to prevent another player from trying to ruin things. There is always a way out, it even mentions this in the instruction booklet... *facepalm*
Must you act like such a brain dead child.

the_fog

Postby the_fog » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:18 pm

Go ahead, keep insulting me while I remain banned for doing nothing, practically.
Only one of your accounts was banned, MrMiyagi.

VirusPunk

Postby VirusPunk » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:10 pm

Funny how the guys objecting to the rules are the ones breaking them.

And Basara, I had nothing against you until you tried TK'ing me and Hunk in that one game. I know it was right before the server reboot, but it just seemed pretty assholish considering neither of us did anything to deserve it. You also seemed pretty angry at me for missing that rocket on that one SD3 game with Derek, mistakes happen and many of the faults is from lag. From what I recall playing on the Japanese servers, you were a good legit player, I don't know what sparked this sudden urge to start TK'ing.

And Leny, I never once mentioned your name.

Keith_Fozmire

Postby Keith_Fozmire » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:17 pm

Funny how the guys objecting to the rules are the ones breaking them.

And Basara, I had nothing against you until you tried TK'ing me and Hunk in that one game. I know it was right before the server reboot, but it just seemed pretty assholish considering neither of us did anything to deserve it. You also seemed pretty angry at me for missing that rocket on that one SD3 game with Derek, mistakes happen and many of the faults is from lag. From what I recall playing on the Japanese servers, you were a good legit player, I don't know what sparked this sudden urge to start TK'ing.

And Leny, I never once mentioned your name.
Bullshit, I'd go on to say that I disagree with these rules the most adamantly and I most likely don't have a single complaint.

So please understand cheaters and tkers are not the only ones against these rules.

Hunk_4TH

Postby Hunk_4TH » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:39 pm

First off if you don't like the rules etc.. then do us all a favor a go reverse engineer the game yourselves and make your own rules.

There is no telling how many years the_fog has worked hard to bring us this game back online and for free!. And all you dumbasses want to do is fucking complain.

Be thankful to the_fog and Isles and show these gentlemen some respect. I'm not kissing anyone's ass here either. But someone needs to say something.

I don't give a shit if anyone hates me for saying this either. But I'm tired of coming on here just to see the some ol rants about the rules. All of these rants are childish.

Anzu

Postby Anzu » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:52 pm

*OP's List of rules for the server*
  • Team killing of any kind is strictly prohibited.
    (Well okay, i'm pretty sure most people here are able to handle themselves if someone tries to tk them but okay.)
  • Players shall not take any action with the intent to impede the progress of other players. This includes, but is not limited to,
    -Obstructing doors
    (Wait you can do that?)
    -Using health or ammunition with the intent to make it unavailable to the other players
    (I can see drama comming from this, and n00bs getting reported because people think it was intent)
    -Hiding or refusing to utilize key items
    (This will cause more drama because people can do this and get them self's tk'ed so others can get the items in order to report them and depending on proof how can we sure who is telling the truth?)
    -Failing to come to the aid of other players without a reasonable basis to do so
    (Alot of drama and banned n00bs comming from this i'd bet)
    -Luring enemies towards other players
    (Because moving is really hard...)
    -Triggering environmental hazards with the intent to cause harm to other players (e.g. exploding gasoline canisters near other players)
    (Nothing wrong here)
  • Players shall not use cheats of any kind, except players may do so in the testing area.
    (Fair enough.)
The rulelist itself i'm neutal towards, but i am pretty sure people can take care of them self to be honest.

And last but not least when is enough proof to be punished?
  • Screenshots?
  • Video?
  • The amount of time you been in the community?
  • The case itself?
  • Can something be labeled as Drama between 2 players trying to the other one i trouble on purpose?
  • And if a newbie does something wrong or doesn't understand what todo? can he be punished because the player who is better was raged and reported him in rage?
  • The amount of people from the game who agrees on the report?
All these factors will play a big role if you wanna enforce something of this size, doing it wrong and there will a bigger shitstorm then there is already about this, i ran a few community's before, the best i ever had with the least amount of complains from players was one with little to no rules, because they were able to take care of themselfs
First off if you don't like the rules etc.. then do us all a favor a go reverse engineer the game yourselves and make your own rules.

This is the oldest qoute in the book it's not even useful.

There is no telling how many years the_fog has worked hard to bring us this game back online and for free!. And all you dumbasses want to do is fucking complain.

Then why does the player complain exist? your logic is flawed Hunk, forums are made for discussion,complains and feedback that's a forum

Be thankful to the_fog and Isles and show these gentlemen some respect. I'm not kissing anyone's ass here either. But someone needs to say something.

Don't get me wrong, have huge respect for fog and Isles for bring back a game i was never able to play online when i was younger

I don't give a shit if anyone hates me for saying this either. But I'm tired of coming on here just to see the some ol rants about the rules. All of these rants are childish.

Hey i can apply your qoute here: "If you don't like it don't read it."
Last edited by Anzu on Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HN: Anzu

Keith_Fozmire

Postby Keith_Fozmire » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:15 pm

All of these rants are childish.
I beg to differ.
Must you act like such a brain dead child.
GOD FORBID SOMEONE MAKES TEAMWORK A NECESSARY AND INTEGRAL PART OF A GAME. *SARCASM*?
This post is sponsored by autism awareness.
I'm glad we have these rules and idiots are being banned. Good riddance and good work Fog & Isles!

Ad-hominem and appeal to authority is not childish at all!

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:05 am

Good grief. I have nothing against people against certain rules and whatnot but the way some of you are taking it ARE indeed childish.

I have no problems with any of the rules. After all it's not being evaluated in a vacuum people.

If I may make a suggestion? Instead of a right away permaban, maybe temporary bans of up to a week at a time? Progressively getting larger after each offense leading to a permaban?

Also, it's not like you're banned from the forum guys, I'm pretty sure you can plead your case if anything.

This isn't really a democracy guys. It's Fog's server. All us lowly mortals can do is offer suggestions and give him our feedback. So chill guys, this isn't the end of the world.

the_fog

Postby the_fog » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:29 am

Also, it's not like you're banned from the forum guys, I'm pretty sure you can plead your case if anything.
That's why this subforum exists.
This isn't really a democracy guys. It's Fog's server.
But it's not dictatorship either. If that were the case I'd simply name an admin who bans whoever he/she dislikes for whatever reasons or simply because I say to do so.

I was getting complaints nearly every day by PM and my problem is that I had difficulties to decide. I cannot and I won't monitor every game, so who is to believe? The player complaining, the other player accidently killing the other one, the one peer pressured? The whole banning mechanism shouldn't be abused and the only way to avoid abuse is a public discussion of the matter. Public, because others might have something to say about the case and haven't PM'ed me.

This thread is getting more and more an exchange of blows without new arguments. I am closing it before someone gets hurt. Like I said some posts before: If this turns out to be a bad idea, we'll rethink it.

Isles487

Re: Gameplay Rules (Updated 12/8/13)

Postby Isles487 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:07 pm

Updated on 12/8/13 to clarify the rules regarding situations where new or inexperienced players join higher difficulty games.

the_fog

Re: Gameplay Rules (Updated 12/8/13)

Postby the_fog » Fri May 30, 2014 8:37 am

Slightly modified the gameplay rules and moved to the wiki

Return to “Introduction”