We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Hey there

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
Technotron

Hey there

Postby Technotron » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:08 pm

Just wanted to say hi and give a shout out to the creator(s) of the Outbreak server for letting me play this awesome game with friends once again. Thank you!
I am an oldschool 30-something fan of the classic Resident Evil franchise - it was the sole reason I bought a PSX, Dreamcast and Gamecube back in the days, so that should give you a bit of an impression of much I love the old Resident Evil games. I don't even know how many countless nights I spent playing File #2, with all its quirks, bad network performance and personal lack of a Playstation 2 keyboard :D . Speaking of which: is it just me or does this server perform a lot better than the old official ones? Of course we have better broadband coverage today (generally speaking) than let's say 7 to 8 years ago.

Took me all night last night to get this to work, but thanks to the kind people on this forum and their guides, I got things to work. I still get the occasional zombie screen (playing on emulator), but I am sure things will improve. For a beta, this is absolutely incredible. My brother and I will be using Teamspeak to communicate - I yet have to configure everything on his PC - so that should be fun. I hear that Skype and other web applications can cause problems with this game, but worst case I always have an iPad with Teamspea to resort to :geek:

Anyway, thanks a mil, keep it up and see you online!

P.S.: My online name is Fred, my account name Technotron (not sure which one is visible on the server) so come help me out if you get a chance. I am truly out of shape :))
"It might come in handy if you, the master of unlocking, take it with you."

- Barry "F@#$ing" Burton

Isles487

Re: Hey there

Postby Isles487 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:53 pm

Just wanted to say hi and give a shout out to the creator(s) of the Outbreak server for letting me play this awesome game with friends once again. Thank you!
I am an oldschool 30-something fan of the classic Resident Evil franchise - it was the sole reason I bought a PSX, Dreamcast and Gamecube back in the days, so that should give you a bit of an impression of much I love the old Resident Evil games. I don't even know how many countless nights I spent playing File #2, with all its quirks, bad network performance and personal lack of a Playstation 2 keyboard :D . Speaking of which: is it just me or does this server perform a lot better than the old official ones? Of course we have better broadband coverage today (generally speaking) than let's say 7 to 8 years ago.

Took me all night last night to get this to work, but thanks to the kind people on this forum and their guides, I got things to work. I still get the occasional zombie screen (playing on emulator), but I am sure things will improve. For a beta, this is absolutely incredible. My brother and I will be using Teamspeak to communicate - I yet have to configure everything on his PC - so that should be fun. I hear that Skype and other web applications can cause problems with this game, but worst case I always have an iPad with Teamspea to resort to :geek:

Anyway, thanks a mil, keep it up and see you online!

P.S.: My online name is Fred, my account name Technotron (not sure which one is visible on the server) so come help me out if you get a chance. I am truly out of shape :))
Welcome! Glad you are enjoying the server. Just wanted to point out that the zombie screen disconnects and/or freezes occur much more often on an emulator. It's not a server issue, so until PCSX dev9 code changes, there's nothing we can do. Play on a PS2 for tbe most consistent and stable experience.

Technotron

Postby Technotron » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:52 pm

Thanks, I read about that. Don't really have the budget for a new Playstation 2, or is there a disc that will enable me to play NTSC-J games? I only have a PAL system left (NTSC died on me a little over a year ago...).

Anyhow, I just finished my first campaign on the emu (Underbelly). Felt goooood!
"It might come in handy if you, the master of unlocking, take it with you."

- Barry "F@#$ing" Burton

StuntmanSnake

Postby StuntmanSnake » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:05 pm

Thanks, I read about that. Don't really have the budget for a new Playstation 2, or is there a disc that will enable me to play NTSC-J games? I only have a PAL system left (NTSC died on me a little over a year ago...).

Anyhow, I just finished my first campaign on the emu (Underbelly). Felt goooood!
Swap Magic will allow you to play Japanese PS2 games on a non-Japanese PS2. :)
ID: MODDER | HN: StuntmanSnake | CHARACTER: RANDOM

Anomaladox

Postby Anomaladox » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:47 pm

You could get a PAL Swap Magic 3.8 or you can Softmod your console which would cost less.
US PlayStation®2 - Fat 50000 /N Series - 120GB HDD - Loader: Open PS2 Loader 1.0.0
US PlayStation®2 - Slim 75000 Series - Loader: Open PS2 Loader 1.1.0
JP PSX - DVR/Console DESR-5700 Series - Loader: Open PS2 Loader 1.2.0

HN: Anomaladox
ID: GLITCH

New to the server?
Frequently Asked Questions
Current OBSRV DNS: 208.72.237.31

ImageClick me?

Herbivore

Postby Herbivore » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:57 pm

The PS1 exploit with a USB key or FTP, is the easiest.
-Vote Joel Clemens for City Council

"What a weird Customer... what are you doing?!" - Will, Bartender / Cook at J's Bar, In memorial

Isles487

Postby Isles487 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:50 am

The PS1 exploit with a USB key or FTP, is the easiest.
This is the method I used so many years ago.

Return to “Introduction”