We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Hello from a video game historian

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
Zerostrider

Hello from a video game historian

Postby Zerostrider » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:44 am

Hello

I work for the MADE in Oakland. www.themade.org

I'm interested in server preservation and I have a copy of biohazard outbreak on the way.

I can’t wait to try this out!

I'm also trying to do what I can for MAG, SOCOM 4, and SOCOM Confrontation before they close so a restoration project can start for them one day. You might see me chime in with some questions about packet capturing, and reverse engineering.

Great job to the Outbreak Server team for making this happen. It's very impressive.

Nealon

OmegaNemesis28

Re: Hello from a video game historian

Postby OmegaNemesis28 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:40 am

Hello

I work for the MADE in Oakland. http://www.themade.org

I'm interested in server preservation and I have a copy of biohazard outbreak on the way.

I can’t wait to try this out!

I'm also trying to do what I can for MAG, SOCOM 4, and SOCOM Confrontation before they close so a restoration project can start for them one day. You might see me chime in with some questions about packet capturing, and reverse engineering.

Great job to the Outbreak Server team for making this happen. It's very impressive.

Nealon
Wow MADE looks awesome! So glad to see stuff like that.
Yeah, its interesting how right as I read about MAG, SOCOM, and Resistance closing its online doors that I found Outbreak too.
ImageImage
-- I remember doing these when I was like 12 haha, time to break them out again --

RE_Freak

Postby RE_Freak » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:25 pm

Hello Nealon/Zerostrider, welcome to the forums.

That's cool what you're trying to do for MAG/Socom, I am a big Socom fan my self, my fave being Socom 2, one of my all time favorite games ever.

I'm also from the Bay Area, I might have to stop by and come check out the M.A.D.E., looks pretty awesome.
|ID: ZOMBIE | HN: RE_Freak | Platform: PS2 HDD FMCB + OPL Image[align=right]Praise Bob!Image[/align]

the_fog

Postby the_fog » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:32 pm

Looking at your collection at the MADE I recognize two things:
- I own a lot of those classics
- I am getting old

And I like the idea of server preservation. So welcome to the forums and feel free to ask your questions ;)

Return to “Introduction”