We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Hey All!

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
MuramasaEdge

Hey All!

Postby MuramasaEdge » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:22 pm

Hello guys and gals,

I remember back in 2007 reading about fans going to lengths such as buying a server and asking Capcom for the netcode, and about projects that existed to try and revive this game in some way. I remember thinking that it'd be awesome if they could, but surely it can't be done- after all, the server is gone, so is all the evidence.

Now years later I read that this game is BACK!! :D

I was a PAL player, and still have my PS2 and copies of OB and File 2, only one of which could be played online. I was never particularly great at the game, I wasn't a speedrunner or a record breaker, but I very much enjoyed the game and did everything I could to be a part of the community. I used to be known as Megatron or MuramasaEdge.

Now, I realise that my version of this game is not currently supported, so I'm going to quietly lurk for a spell, however, if my version becomes supported I'll be all over it, because to date I feel that OB File 2 is the very best Online Game I've ever played.

Many Thanks to everyone involved in this project for giving up your time and energy into doing this for our communities, you are AWESOME!!

Best of luck to all of you playing right now- Keep the spirit alive, and enjoy!! :D

Return to “Introduction”