We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Hello!!!

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
C.A.R.L.O.S

Hello!!!

Postby C.A.R.L.O.S » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:02 am

Hi, my name is Carlos and i am from Brazil!!! :D
I love Outbreak, and i never had a chance to play online, but if you guys let me play i can prove my skills! ;)
You guy's know, this is allmost a dream to me, and i need to know some things that are not very clear to me :

-Can i start to play right now?
-Can play with emulator? (I have a fx8350, 7970, i use vsync, so Zombie Screen issue is not a problem right?)
-Can i play with widescreen hack?
-Only File #2 or File #1 too?
-Do i need the DNAS patch or somenthing?

Sorry for the questions.
I Know, my english suck's!!! :(

Isles487

Re: Hello!!!

Postby Isles487 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:15 am

Hi, my name is Carlos and i am from Brazil!!! :D
I love Outbreak, and i never had a chance to play online, but if you guys let me play i can prove my skills! ;)
You guy's know, this is allmost a dream to me, and i need to know some things that are not very clear to me :

-Can i start to play right now?
-Can play with emulator? (I have a fx8350, 7970, i use vsync, so Zombie Screen issue is not a problem right?)
-Can i play with widescreen hack?
-Only File #2 or File #1 too?
-Do i need the DNAS patch or somenthing?

Sorry for the questions.
I Know, my english suck's!!! :(
You do not need a DNAS patch. You can play with widescreen. Vsync has nothing to do with the zombie screen. Answers to your other questions are here. Also, you need an original copy of the game.

DalekCaan

Postby DalekCaan » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:07 am

You can't play with a pirated copy, or are you suggeting not to?

I'm against piracy in most cases, I never pirate a game unless it's not available anywhere at all. In fact, I own an original Outbreak copy, but not the JPN version.
There's no way Capcom can profit from this, all the copies of this game can only be bought used, so there really isn't a point in buying a original copy... :'(

Isles487

Postby Isles487 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:15 am

You can't play with a pirated copy, or are you suggeting not to?

I'm against piracy in most cases, I never pirate a game unless it's not available anywhere at all.
But there's no way Capcom can profit from this, all the copies of this game can only be bought used, so there really isn't a point in buying a original copy... :'(
Let me explain something to the users that have adopted the attitude that the server administrators should not care because "Capcom will not profit from sales of used copies." Whether Capcom profits from it or not is completely irrelevant to our policy. Intellectual property law is not premised solely upon "who profits." The right to make a copy of an original work lies with the copyright holder and nobody else. For the duration of the term of the copyright, the holder has the exclusive rights to produce copies.

Why does this matter? Because in order to keep this server going, we need to avoid any legal action by Capcom. We put a lot of work into this server, and so have countless testers and players here. If we condone talk of copyright violation here, then we put the server, and ourselves, at risk of legal action. We are not going to jeopardize our financial livelihoods and pay thousands of dollars to defend against legal action. I doubt any of the users here will contribute to a legal defense fund.

Don't agree with it? Then don't play here. Nobody is entitled to play Outbreak. We ask nothing in return for the use of our servers except that you abide by our policies.

Return to “Introduction”