We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Introduction and a few questions.

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
fsfsxii

Introduction and a few questions.

Postby fsfsxii » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:49 am

Hello, im a new member, i decided to join this community the minute i heard you guys were doing servers for one of my all time favorite online games.
My questions are: Is the server only restricted to File 2? because i only have file 1 for now.
My ps2 is a slim model, would there be any problem with that, if there is, i would gladly get a FAT model, my copy is also not japanese.
An Evil Within

Isles487

Re: Introduction and a few questions.

Postby Isles487 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:01 am

Hello, im a new member, i decided to join this community the minute i heard you guys were doing servers for one of my all time favorite online games.
My questions are: Is the server only restricted to File 2? because i only have file 1 for now.
My ps2 is a slim model, would there be any problem with that, if there is, i would gladly get a FAT model, my copy is also not japanese.
Welcome to our forums. Our server supports both File 1 and File 2. You do not need a fat model PS2, but a fat PS2 is recommended for shorter load times, since fat models can utilize a hard disk for loading. You will need a Japanese copy of the Outbreak games that you wish to play. We have a comprehensive FAQ here.

fsfsxii

Postby fsfsxii » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:23 am

Welcome to our forums. Our server supports both File 1 and File 2. You do not need a fat model PS2, but a fat PS2 is recommended for shorter load times, since fat models can utilize a hard disk for loading. You will need a Japanese copy of the Outbreak games that you wish to play. We have a comprehensive FAQ here.
So basically, i'll need the swap magic disk and an HDD.
Got it, thank you.
An Evil Within

Isles487

Postby Isles487 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:54 am

So basically, i'll need the swap magic disk and an HDD.
Got it, thank you.
Swap Magic is pretty popular around here, but if you obtain a fat PS2, there are other options to modify your console. Some don't involve modifying the hardware in any way. Google "softmod PS2" or something similar and you will see that there's a lot of ways to run homebrew. Some other users here have used different methods and I'm sure they'd be glad to help.

Return to “Introduction”